TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

I think some already have them, in small selections. Within the next 2 years. Depending, of course, on which one wins the "war", and if that happens soon, or not for 5+ years.

Season 3 of Drawn togeather has been a little disapointing following the great 2nd season. At that point I would have said it was the best animated show on TV.

I'm probably in the minority, but as of right now, I feel like Blu-Ray and HD DVDs for now, will go the way of the Laser Disc. I mean, working in a place that sells movies, there are still people angry that we don't carry VHS anymore and refuse to get a regular DVD player. The way people have been snapping up DVDs, I don't see them so willing to change their whole collection again for a while. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Friday's episode of "Masters of Horror" is going to be directed by Brad ("Session 9","The Machinist") Anderson. Next week's episode is from John Carpenter.

Anyone else been eatching the show this season?

Figured this comment would fit best in here, doesn't really deserve it's own thread.

But Jim Gaffigan is coming on February 17th and I'm damn sure I'm going to get tickets. He's got to be one of my favorite living stand up comics.

Things that make you go "WTF?":

NBC just promoted its airing of The Family Man as a holiday favourite. When the hell did that happen? I think "holiday favourite," I think of It's A Wonderful Life, or Miracle On 34th Street, or Christmas Vacation, or even Scrooged or The Ref. I don't think of The Family Man. I barely even acknowledge the existence of The Family Man.

Yeah, that whole movie is non-English, so they had to have someone do a voiceover for it. May as well have Gibson do it, since he's going to be associated with it anyway.

I thought it looked intriguing from the trailer on TV last night.

I may be really behind on this but did any one know that Joe Rogan of UFC and Fear Factor fame is a MEGA pot head....like the "got it down to a science and he's an activist about weed" kind...he was on O&A this morning and was great..he's a cussin comedic genious and I never knew...

I may be really behind on this but did any one know that Joe Rogan of UFC and Fear Factor fame is a MEGA pot head....like the "got it down to a science and he's an activist about weed" kind...he was on O&A this morning and was great..he's a cussin comedic genious and I never knew...

Yeah he's also huge into psychadelics (LSD, DMT, etc.). I was listening to an interview with him on some radio show where he was talking about how he has some kind of chamber in his basement where he locks himself in and takes LSD and whatnot.

Yeah he's also huge into psychadelics (LSD, DMT, etc.). I was listening to an interview with him on some radio show where he was talking about how he has some kind of chamber in his basement where he locks himself in and takes LSD and whatnot.

Yet, he can probably still kick the shit out of most of us while high.

Yet, he can probably still kick the shit out of most of us while high.

Thank god he locks himself away. Last thing we need is psycho Joe running around the streets snapping necks.

I'm the only guy here who watches the show, but the most recent episode of "Masters of Horror", called "Pelts", and directed by Dario Argento, is one of the best episodes yet.

I went to the video store today and saw two videos that greatly amused me. One was a Weekend at Bernie's ripoff (Except with a chick instead of a dude) starring Jason Lee and CRISPIN FN GLOVER! They also had The Ten Commandments: The Musical with VAL KILMER AS MOSES! Good lord, just looking at their covers had me in stitches. There were also about eight different new movies starring Kal Penn there.

Just caught my first episode of "The Batman" and the episode was JTV (Season 2, Ep 8). I actually didn't hate it as much as I thought I would and found the VA for the Joker to actually be fun to listen to. Constantly changing his voice around to reflect his mood, etc. although there was a spell where his voice went deep and I kept waiting for him to go back to a lighter/more gleeful tone.

Also Harley Quinn's VA is Hyden Walch (Starfire in the Teen Titans cartoons) and her debut episode is two episodes away. Looking forward to it, esp. with Paul Dini writing it. *is still gonna miss Arleen Sorkin though*

I went to the video store today and saw two videos that greatly amused me. One was a Weekend at Bernie's ripoff (Except with a chick instead of a dude) starring Jason Lee and CRISPIN FN GLOVER! They also had The Ten Commandments: The Musical with VAL KILMER AS MOSES! Good lord, just looking at their covers had me in stitches. There were also about eight different new movies starring Kal Penn there.

I rented Ten Commandments the Musical for kicks, but didn't get around to watching it. Apparently the guy who played The Mummy in the Brenden Fraiser movies is in it too.

My small glimmer of faith I had in "Ghost Rider" officially died after reading an interview with Captain Insane Nick Cage. The man has officially went off the deep end and landed somewhere south of reality.

If you liked him as a the chain smoking, hard drinking bad ass then you might as well forget this film. Now if you have always wanted to see him with Karate fighting Monkeys and drinking jelly beans out of a martinee glass then BOY do we have a super hero film for you. Stick with me, it gets better. Apparently Cage wanted to make this one family friendly (yes, you read that right...family friendly Ghost Rider) so that 8 and 9 years old could go and enjoy it. Not only that, but the bottle of lunacy also incorporated his opera spasms into the transformation scenes.

The only sad part was Cage didn't get to make his vision of Superman. I'll tell you this much, it was going to basically be DragonBall Z the movie starring Superman. How wonderful would that have been?

Just to be clear, I will see this movie for 3 bucks. Because I cannot seriously pass up the chance to see karate fighting monkeys. I cannot pass up a movie that felt that having a super hero with karate fighting chimps was a good idea.

The only sad part was Cage didn't get to make his vision of Superman. I'll tell you this much, it was going to basically be DragonBall Z the movie starring Superman. How wonderful would that have been?

But Chris Rock was going to be Jimmy Olsen!