TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

There is a rumor floating around that Will Smith would be the producer for a Karate Kid remake, with Smith's son as Daniel Larusso and Jackie Chan as Mr. Miyagi.

Now that's just criminal.

That rumor is laughable- Will Smith's son is like 8 years old. I don't think even Hollywood is stupid enough to do that.

That is Jaden. Smith also has a older teenaged son named Trey. You might remember him from the "Just The Two Of Us" video.

Pushing Daisies is beautiful, funny and an one hour episode feels like a two hour movie. Pity it'll probably fail to catch an audience as it has that stylist thing about it that'll fly over the heads of too many people.

I hope it does well though, that was actually an enjoyable first episode.

The Top Chef finale was excellent tonight. Finally, the competitor I had been pulling for since the first episode (Hung) ends up winning the whole thing. Terrific season overall capped off with the best season finale for a Bravo reality show yet.

That'll hold me over until Project Runway starts up again, haha.

Pushing Daisies is beautiful, funny and an one hour episode feels like a two hour movie. Pity it'll probably fail to catch an audience as it has that stylist thing about it that'll fly over the heads of too many people.

Yeah, unfortunately I think it's gonna be this seasons Studio 60

I picked up the 40th Anniversary Edition of the Jungle Book the other day. I was putting it in my collection on my DVDSpot site and noticed Clint Howard in the cast. I didn't realize Clint Howard was a voice in the Jungle Book and laughed when I found out he was the baby elephant. I know he was young, but just picturing the man behind the baby elephant grew up to be the Ice Cream Man humored me... Then I looked further and found out he was Roo in all the old Winnie the Pooh movies. The important things you learn.

Yeah, unfortunately I think it's gonna be this seasons Studio 60

Bad show w/ unlikable characters in unrealistic situations that gets mercy killed?

Crappy remakes and crappy sequels are coming to life!

Today is a bad day to be fans of the following films:

Terminator Films

Escape From New York

They found a director for Terminator 4: McG, who also did the Charlie's Angels films, and the so-so We Are Marshall film. Why can't they leave the film series away? I know it didn't go out with the bang many expected, but it was a decent ending to the franchise.

In the rumored Escaped From New York remake, Len Wiseman is off the film. You think that they would get a pretty good replace him, right? Well, Brett Ratner, the man whose claim to fame is the Rush Hour films and X-Men: The Last Stand. I know he did Red Dragon, but I liked Manhunter a lot more. I half expect to see Chris Tucker as The Duke of New York.

One more thing:

They are remaking The Dirty Dozen, and the script isn't looking that good. It's an updated version setting in modern times, and it doesn't look good.

Crappy remakes and crappy sequels are coming to life!

Today is a bad day to be fans of the following films:

Terminator Films

Escape From New York

They found a director for Terminator 4: McG, who also did the Charlie's Angels films, and the so-so We Are Marshall film. Why can't they leave the film series away? I know it didn't go out with the bang many expected, but it was a decent ending to the franchise.

In the rumored Escaped From New York remake, Len Wiseman is off the film. You think that they would get a pretty good replace him, right? Well, Brett Ratner, the man whose claim to fame is the Rush Hour films and X-Men: The Last Stand. I know he did Red Dragon, but I liked Manhunter a lot more. I half expect to see Chris Tucker as The Duke of New York.

One more thing:

They are remaking The Dirty Dozen, and the script isn't looking that good. It's an updated version setting in modern times, and it doesn't look good.

Ah the rape of two of my favorite movie heroes by absolutely attrocious directors.

Also, ABC is going to remake their 1998 show Cupid. Unfortunately, they're doing an entire reboot, new locale and a new cast which means no Jeremy Piven who made the main character of Trevor Hale 6 kinds of awesome.

I'm not sure why people get so bothered about remakes. Does it erase the existance of the original? I just see the remakes like most shitty cover songs. Nothing to be bothered by and maybe, just maybe you might get a good remake from time to time.

Its one thing to do remakes for older films and franchises, but to do a TV series remake of a previous TV series from only 9 years ago in 1998, a series that, quite frankly, I never watched, nor barely have even heard of? Thats just borderline bizzare to say the least.

I saw Halloween tonight. What a fucking awful film. I seriously can't think of one good thing to say about it. It was sheer shite from start to finish. Rob Zombie needs to be stopped from making anymore fucking terrible films.

I saw it a month ago and am surprised people are really getting worked up one way or another about it. It's a movie that's just kind of there.

And a remake of Cupid is so random, that's like if NBC decided to do a remake of Freaks and Geeks

Back home for the long weekend and pumped to finally see some movies that eluded the town where I go to college. I'll be seeing 3:10 to Yuma tomorrow night (It's inexcusable that the theater up there didn't have it, it's Russell Crowe and Christian Bale and it was the #1 movie in its opening weekend!) and I'm seeing Stardust on Sunday. I'm pleasantly surprised that Stardust is still in theaters up here.

The Top Chef finale was excellent tonight. Finally, the competitor I had been pulling for since the first episode (Hung) ends up winning the whole thing. Terrific season overall capped off with the best season finale for a Bravo reality show yet.

That'll hold me over until Project Runway starts up again, haha.

I really have liked Top Chef since its first show of the first season. But yeah, this season shocked me in how well done it was. I love the heavily produced judge's table endings in each episode, chuck-full of cheesy sound effects when the judges yay or nay each chef's work.

But yeah, Hung totally deserved this - at first during the season he seemed a little cocky and people were a little annoyed by him, but he proved himself and did it. He played the game just about perfect. Since Top Chef started three seasons, Hell's Kitchen just seems completely second rate to it.

Speaking of Gordon Ramsey, I have yet to check out Kitchen Nightmares on FOX, but caught many an episode on BBC and if they keep to the formula of that, I will probably really be into it. Ramsey is much more down to earth and "real" in this setting versus the cheesy Hell's Kitchen show.

It's funny though - other than Top Chef and when they had Project Greenlight (covering the start to finish process of Feast) on, I can't stand the Bravo channel at all. Bravo generally is annoying pop culture shit at it's very worst.

Guest Smues

Finally saw Resident Evil 3 last night. I really liked it. Although I had heard rumors that elements of Code Veronica would be worked into the movie I went in assuming it wouldn't be anything big like actually having Veronica in there, so I wasn't disappointed by a lack of anything from the videogames. My only gripes with it were

A.

The ending was perfectly fine, except that they mention nothing about the helicopter on its way to Alaska. Did they make it? Was there actually an un-infected town up there? Is it even possible for a helicopter to have enough fuel to even make half of that flight? Did they get PFD checks? Come on movie at least tell me if the town was real.

B. Just how many fucking zombies am I supposed to believe were in that crate? Especially after we could see the front of it was empty.

Other than those 2 points though great movie and an acceptable conclusion to the franchise.

a:

There is still talk they will do another one and it all depended on how well it did. Ali Larter is up for it but the roadblock might be Mila's decision on whether or not she wants to keep going. Considering the success of her other projects, she might want to stick with it. And I can't see how it's possible the copper had fuel to make it to Alaska.

b: Yeah, a lot of zombies came running out of that thing and didn't seem to stop. I'd say it was 30 or so at most.

It looks like Universal might be backing Guillermo Del Toro to direct an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's "At The Mountains of Madness"

Just a random question I was thinking about earlier. Why did TBS always have their shows begin and end at times like 6:05, 6:35, etc.?

Saw 3:10 to Yuma, really enjoyable movie with great performances by Bale and Crowe as well as Ben Foster but the main question on my mind after seeing it is what was up with Luke Wilson's part? He had like four lines. I'd like to think he told his agent "Man, Owen had a lot of fun doing Shanghai Noon, I want to do a western! I don't care how small the part is, if there's a part available in a western, I'll take it!'

Just a random question I was thinking about earlier. Why did TBS always have their shows begin and end at times like 6:05, 6:35, etc.?

I don't know if it was their intention, but one benefit it always had to me (particularly during afternoon sitcom reruns) is I could flip through a bunch of channels and if something isn't a very good episode or I don't feel like watching it, I could flip to TBS and it would be just starting. Also I could change the channel right when the credits started and a show on another channel would be starting right then. Worked out well for me.

I also thought Luke Wilson was an odd choice for a cameo, by the way, but he was ok in it, I guess I didn't mind.

On June 29, 1981, TBS began to use "Turner Time." [1] While other television offerings generally began at the top and bottom of hours, TBS decided to begin airing programs five minutes later, at :05 and :35.

By using "Turner Time," TBS programs were listed under their own time entry in TV Guide, thus providing more exposure to the channel's programming. It also encouraged channel surfers who couldn't find anything interesting to watch at the top of the hour, to still be able to watch a TBS program without missing the first few minutes. Most importantly, since shows ended five minutes later than normal, it usually encouraged viewers to continue watching TBS rather than flip to watch another program already in progress.

TBS started to cut back Turner Time in 1997 from and scrapped it completely by 2000. TBS now schedules programs at the top and bottom of the hour (excluding Seinfeld on Tuesday evenings which airs at 9:15 and 9:45 p.m.; this is due to Sex and the City's length and the fact that commercials didn't air on its original network HBO).