TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

NCAA Football 07

I love the 40 test. Apparently they don't handicap your player for weight, since I had a 6'3", 290 pound defense end run a 4.41.

Recruiting doesn't seem too different from last year. Catching is a helluva lot more consistent, but the AI still has the annoying fucking habit of being able to throw it over your DBs whenever it wants to. Going to have to experiment with the sliders and see if I can fix it.

All in all, I'm glad I found it for $29.99 at Fry's. Worth it.

King, that's pretty cool. I'm friends with Desmond Reed, and he introduced me to the Ting twins once. When SC is in session, I usually eat lunch where the athletes eat. Not only can you see many of the football stars in the fall, but the food is the best on campus and the prices are great.

Ahh okay, thanks.

And I can't fuckin time the jump snap nonsense. The computer seems to always time it perfectly which denys my running game. And forget about any play action.

I MAULED Stanford today. This game isn't too hard when you play as a good team, unless you're playing another one. I just get sacked all the time when I don't pay too much attention.

Guest Princess Leena

Depends what level you play on, too...

If you're on default Varsity, you'll murder everyone with anyone.

Depends what level you play on, too...

If you're on default Varsity, you'll murder everyone with anyone.

Not completely. I consider myself at least a decent player and the first thing I do is create my old college as a cupcake and build them up. Usually I can get 5 or 6 wins against a fairly decent schedule my first season. That leads to a small bowl bid, a bump in prestige, more recruiting points, and the rout begins. This time I went ahead and kept a schedule against 10 middle of the road schools and a couple of schools just outside the top 25. I got smashed. Won 2 games. Had to go to the option offense and run the clock just to keep some scores respectible. But, I managed to get a pretty decent 4* QB through the pipeline. Halfway through my second season and things are going a bit better. Pretty sure I'm about to get the top rated DE on the board (nice 6'4" 260 pound pass rusher) during the inseason recruiting (one of my favorite recent additions). Downgraded my schedule and I'm 3-2. Just not enough team speed. Doesn't bode well for the second half of the season, when the teams get harder. Just hope I manage to get some wins together before I end up fired at the end of my third season. Winning season is a definite possibility. A bowl bid, not so much.

Guest Princess Leena

Yeah, that's true.

I always start as a cupcake in legacy, too... and I don't even bother scheduling the top teams, as you'll have no chance with players rated as low as possible.

Know what the game needs, even though the NCAA would never approve of it? Booster mode: SEC Version. Pull power plays to get coaches fired, try not to get caught giving high school coaches $25,000 to get their top players to your school, give recruits new cars and all while avoiding the NCAA!

That or an athletic director mode. Bribing officials would be cool.

On the booster thing, Auburn is so fucked.

Guest Princess Leena

I'd be so addicted if an NCAA Head Coach game came out...

The possibilities with that could be enormous.

Know what the game needs, even though the NCAA would never approve of it? Booster mode: SEC Version. Pull power plays to get coaches fired, try not to get caught giving high school coaches $25,000 to get their top players to your school, give recruits new cars and all while avoiding the NCAA!

Be sure to add in the SouthWest Conference version...

If you get caught paying the players under the table, your entire program gets suspended for a year and then you only get a half-season the year after that.

Don't forget establishing the slush fund as well, along with having a suck-ass team for the next 15 years after the sanctions.

NCAA Head Coach: Lou Holtz Version. See how many schools you can leave in trouble with the NCAA after coaching there.

NCAA Head Coach: Bobby Bowden version. Deal with player arrests by giving some of the most lax punishments ever. Also find ways to keep your talentless son employed, all while trying to finally find a decent kicker.

Don't forget establishing the slush fund as well, along with having a suck-ass team for the next 15 years after the sanctions.

NCAA Head Coach: Lou Holtz Version. See how many schools you can leave in trouble with the NCAA after coaching there.

Could also be called NCAA: Jackie Sherill's Adventures in Coaching.

Could also be called NCAA: Jackie Sherill's Adventures in Coaching.

The "March Madness" version of it would be Jim Valvano's Coaching Challenge.

"Recruit centers who only score a 460 on their SATs, get caught stealing stereos from the dorms, and then get banned by the NBA for REPEATED substance abuse violations!"

Awww you just made Dick Vitale cry.

NCAA Head Coach Bill McCartney version: Go to the finest ghettos of America to find players to fuck your daughter.

Guest Princess Leena

If I were a college coach, I'd buy the finest whores one could buy. My team would flourish.

If I were a college coach, I'd buy the finest whores one could buy. My team would flourish.

Tell that to Colorado these days.

IGN 360 Review

Pretty suprising.

I agree with everything the article said. I just got it and was pretty disappointing considering what the 360 is capable of. I might have been better served getting the regular X-Box version.

Guest Princess Leena

fkrosters.com should have XBox rosters up by tonight, or tomorrow.

PS2, I don't know yet.

Man, I love Florida's playbook. If you've got any talent at all in the "skill" positions you can win with it. Made a huge difference in my offense. Sure it's against a bad schedule but I'll take what I can get. Plus it sure does help with the inseason recruiting when you're not getting embarrassed in front of the top talent in the nation.

IGN 360 Review

Pretty suprising.

I agree with everything the article said. I just got it and was pretty disappointing considering what the 360 is capable of. I might have been better served getting the regular X-Box version.

I think the 360 version is just fine, for the first foray on a next-gen system for college football. I don't care about all the fluff.

The gamplay is really solid.

The Dynasty is solid as well.

Online play works great..

The game looks pretty damn good at least in HDTV....if you compare the xbox and xbox 360 versions its like night and day. If you dont have a HDTV, then there is no reason to have a 360.

I am loving the game. The gameplay is the best in NCAA in a long long long time.

It's beyond easy. Pull up almost right after you pull back. I haven't tried to make a long field goal yet, because I haven't been in position or had the kicker to be able to make one.

I am just having trouble when I'm off to the right or left. I can't seem to aim it correctly. Other than that, I love this game. I was doing a dynasty with Notre Dame, but that was too easy. So I am doing one now with UConn, which is more of a challenge.

Guest Princess Leena

Same for me... analog sticks never stay centered, and it will fuck up at the most inopportune time.

I am just having trouble when I'm off to the right or left. I can't seem to aim it correctly. Other than that, I love this game. I was doing a dynasty with Notre Dame, but that was too easy. So I am doing one now with UConn, which is more of a challenge.

There's a difficulty setting, you know. I don't have this year's game yet, but I really doubt that it was just unbelievably easy for you on Heisman. To be fair though, there's a pretty big gap between levels, so maybe you don't want to switch. Going from 12-1 national champions at All-American to 2-10 the following year at Heisman used to kind of piss me off.