TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CurryMan

World Cup 2006 in Germany

That game wasn't very fun to watch, but that's the way most of the games involving Paraguay are.

England 1 Paraguay 0

England looked a different class in the first half, but laboured a lot in the second, particularly when they went with Crouch as a sole striker.

England 1 Paraguay 0

England looked a different class in the first half, but laboured a lot in the second, particularly when they went with Crouch as a sole striker.

You should see the police down here Chave, went to watch the game (despite hating football) at the guildhall and the fights were many, but shit.....

The first half was really good, we totally had it together but the second half was flakey, that's when the police had to come out.

Now that I'm not busy anymore I can finally watch a match

First insight? I'm surprised by the presence of a white guy on the T&T team

England 1 Paraguay 0

You should see the police down here Chave, went to watch the game (despite hating football) at the guildhall and the fights were many, but shit.....

The first half was really good, we totally had it together but the second half was flakey, that's when the police had to come out.

Was it outside the guildhall? Sun + Beer + Football + Pompey = trouble.

Were the police over-reacting or were people being proper dicks?

I also like Burchill (the white guy) from T&T. He qualifies because his mother was from Port of Spain. He's not a bad player.

The Trini goalie is saving their lives right now. It could easily be 2-0 or 3-0 by now.

Proper dicks. It was all quite good natured however UNTILL the police turned up......

There was blood and everything!

See, that's what I miss about Pompey.

Because we haven't got any players at the tournament, I'm putting my support behind Shaka Hislop, former Portsmouth player and T&T keeper. I'm hoping he keeps Sweden out in the second half (apologies to CurryMan).

Since I've forgotten the rules in the four years since watching the last WC, do they play into ET in the first round, or do they end it on a tie after regulation

Since I've forgotten the rules in the four years since watching the last WC, do they play into ET in the first round, or do they end it on a tie after regulation

Tie after regulation.

End it on a tie in the first group stage, extra time in the later knock-out rounds.

The three substitutes rule is, I suppose, tradition. But that's part of football, conditioning to play the full game.

T&T 0 Sweden 0. Awesome game.

Yes it was. Great game, great finish.

What I really liked is that the refs generally let the game go...players were still flopping around, but only the really blatant stuff was called. Kept the game flowing.

That performance made sure Shaka is a national hero for life. The dude was a wall.

What I really liked is that the refs generally let the game go...players were still flopping around, but only the really blatant stuff was called. Kept the game flowing.

Exactly, great point. Lots of games are ruined by over fussy refs, this one certainly let the game flow which made for a more entertaining game.

Ivory Coast are really great to watch, going forward all the time without fear. A number of their players impressed me, their left back went on a couple of great runs, Yaya Toure and the other central mid could both hold their own and more in the prem by the looks of things.

I thought parts of their midfield were awful until around the 70th minute.

EDIT: The guy with grey or whatever it was hair was really good.

God, Argentina are lethal with the set plays. Ivory Coast must have wondered how the hell they were 2-0 down at half time. Argentina defended superbly however, they're all in good nick it seems. Shaka is one of the nicest guys in football yes, I was happy for him. I worked in a Stoke Tesco at easter ( I go to Keele Uni) and served Chris Birchall! Get in!

Guest CurryMan

:(

I´m so f*cking upset over how the swedish team performed. They didn´t make one forward run it felt like everyone just stood there. Three players in my mind came away from the game on a decent note, the goalie Shaaban, wingback Alexandersson and Tobias Linderoth. Everyone else really desperatly to think this over and show that they know what they are doing and what they are doing there...

overpaid *******ASDfadsfaF*

I wasn´t impressed with the England - Paragauy game before the Sweden - Trinidad game I was kind of hopefull and then that happend...

Allback was pretty dire when he came on.

On the other side, Sweden weren't outplayed, and at no point were they undone. Any other day it'd be an easy win. I fancy them against Paraguay (although if they don't win that they're a good bet to go out) and could get something from England.