TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

Guest Princess Leena

Yeah, on WOL last night, Puder said WWE didn't even contact him. So, he's not facing Angle.

I do believe Punk will appear at ONS but I still think it'll be Sandman/Angle because Sandman resents the supposed "new vision" that Kurt represents.

From PWInsider:

According to one source involved with the project, contractual releases from the MTV Wrestling Society X project are expected to be granted this week to Justin Credible, New Jack, Chris Hamrick, and Puma.

This would obviously make the former ECW regulars available for the new ECW revival. WWE had been interested in Credible and Hamrick at one point. Puma, who has been working for TNA of late, had been previously given a verbal release and a blessing to work elsewhere. His release will simply make everything official on paper.

Kurt Angle vs. The Sandman would be one of the craziest visuals in the history of pro wrestling.

I want it badly now.

Kurt Angle vs. The Sandman would be one of the craziest visuals in the history of pro wrestling.

I want it badly now.

Crazier than the first time we saw McMahon and Bischoff together?

Guest El Satanico

If it's Sandman...i demand to see Sandman pose above a bloody Angle with kendo stick raised above Sandman's head and cigarette in mouth.

According to Silver Vision, when ONS II comes out on DVD next month, Barely Legal 97 will be included on a 2nd disc! :D

According to Silver Vision, when ONS II comes out on DVD next month, Barely Legal 97 will be included on a 2nd disc! :D

Good about that: I've never seen the PPV in full, so it should be fun to watch.

Bad about that: Most likely all the songs (except bWo and maybe Sabu and Taz's) will be dubbed over.

Bad about that: Most likely all the songs (except bWo and maybe Sabu and Taz's) will be dubbed over.

Speaking of that - what are they going to do with the theme songs on ECW TV? I can't imagine they'll use all their original themes. They HAVE to get Enter Sandman though.

Speaking of that - what are they going to do with the theme songs on ECW TV? I can't imagine they'll use all their original themes. They HAVE to get Enter Sandman though.

Well, if they're up for it, TV they can get away with songs like how ECW used to do.

However, when they release them commercially, that's another story.

Kinda like how The Dudleyz use to come out to "Bombshell" on TV and live PPV, but it was always edited to an older song of theirs when the DVD was released.

The old ECW DVD has hardly any of the entrances to get around the song restrictions. They kept in the Motorhead version of Enter Sandman, though, they seem pretty cool with wrestling companies

That would be awesome if all the fans in the crowd at the ECW show stood up and turned around for the entire duration of Angle vs. Orton.

ECW is officially ruined with the precense of Randy Orton. In one instant I lost total faith in this PPV.

One Night Stand 2005...lives forever.

Your kidding right? What'd happen?

They decided to not make it interesting with someone like Rhyno and just had Orton come out and RKO him on Raw and now it's on the show.

Literally, anyone going to One Night Stand, start up something where during the match everyone gets up and leaves or everyone gets up and turns around.

The only entertaining thing about this match will be the fan's just shitting all over Orton and this match, that or if Angle kills Orton. Well if anything, it has continuey and will finish the feud between the two.....and Angle gets to kill Orton.

Guest ECWlivesdotcom

Well they needed to put someone in the match with Angle that is sure to get booed, seeing how at last years ONS the crowd was telling Angle "You Suck Dick". This match will be all to put over Angle as the new "machine" character in ECW. It will be a good match, but they are going to have to have a high octane match or they might as well not do it at all.

Thoughts on the card thus far:

- I won't mind if Sabu loses to Rey because at least Rey was in ECW.

- RVD cannot lose. Period.

- Angle might be the new face of ECW but he's still a WWE guy. Same deal as the Invasion. I don't care if Orton gets completely buried. No one is buying an ECW PPV to see Randy Orton.

- Sandman and Big Show could have a decent outing, but it's a match that should have been used for the WWE vs. ECW show and not the PPV.

- Taz/Lawler has history but it's been done. Like six years ago.

- Dreamer/Funk vs. Foley/Edge needs to be kept short. Funk can barely move and Foley is semi-retired.

That being said, I want to see what else they throw on the card. They need more matches that are ECW guys only. Last year everyone complained that WWE wrestlers were in the audience. This year, they are all in matches.

Question: Will WWE wrestlers be coming out to their WWE themes at the PPV? Would be nice if they all just got to pick a real song to come out to.

Well, they pretty much ruined the hype for this pay per view tonight.

Angle vs Orton is a WWE match. Cena puts over ECW in his promo and takes on all the ECW guys. Rob Van Dam, The Sandman, Sabu get run off by....Carlito and Murdoch? Making RVD and ECW cowardly heels probably wasn't the best move at this point.

Thoughts on the card thus far:

- I won't mind if Sabu loses to Rey because at least Rey was in ECW.

- RVD cannot lose. Period.

- Angle might be the new face of ECW but he's still a WWE guy. Same deal as the Invasion. I don't care if Orton gets completely buried. No one is buying an ECW PPV to see Randy Orton.

- Sandman and Big Show could have a decent outing, but it's a match that should have been used for the WWE vs. ECW show and not the PPV.

- Taz/Lawler has history but it's been done. Like six years ago.

- Dreamer/Funk vs. Foley/Edge needs to be kept short. Funk can barely move and Foley is semi-retired.

That being said, I want to see what else they throw on the card. They need more matches that are ECW guys only. Last year everyone complained that WWE wrestlers were in the audience. This year, they are all in matches.

When did we get Big Show vs Sandman?

If this turns out to be a full blown ECW vs. WWE ppv, i'm not ordering sicksorry.gif

Why not? I mean yes the atomosphere is going to be kinda weird with the matches going on but its going to be a fun show. Espically when you factor in the audience....and Hatguy needs to be there this time around.

I've been pumped for ONS II since it was announced, but ever since they started announcing matches that enthusiam has gone straight to the shitter. What the fuck is the point of this WWE Vs. ECW Head to Head special if One Night Stand II is all fucking WWE Vs. ECW matches?

There's no way this ONS touches last years, at all in terms of everything. This year's is completly about ECW Vs. WWE, and while last year had the invader angle going on at least it wasn't fucking the invaders Vs. ECW in every match.

I'll probably still order the pay per view, but I can't understand how I'm the only one to feel this way about the PPV being bullshit so far.

It's only gotten worse. Wtf is the point of WWE/ECW head to head if that's what the PPV is anyway.

Face it folks, RVD is not walking out with the belt. You really think that Vince's ego would allow it? I think not.