TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Ultimate Fighter Season 4 the thread...

I like the idea of Cote/Sell as a final because they're both on Team Mojo. Nobody on Team No Love could give Cote trouble with the exception of possibly Rivera.

Espically with Serra as a cornerman gives Cote even more of an advantage.

Unless only another Middleweight can corner Cote...

You guys pretty much summed up my feelings about the 1st episode. I do have a question though, who was the guy that had the machete gash in his head in the opening sequence of clips?

Carter made this episode baaaadass. His storyline was made even better with the blossoming friendship with Serra. Serra's an awesome coach.

How can you hate someone who attends the initial meeting in a goddamn pimp suit?

I like the idea of Cote/Sell as a final because they're both on Team Mojo. Nobody on Team No Love could give Cote trouble with the exception of possibly Rivera.

You think the slugger with a history of mental hiccups is more likely to beat Cote than the BJJ blackbelt Lutter? Common.

Also, I'm glad as hell Clementi lost, as the dude's always been a whiny douchebag and strictly average fighter. Now to top it off, I learn he's simply not very intelligent.

"He's greasy!"

...no, Rich. Shonie's biggest strength is being very tough to submit. Ask Serra next time you're stacked against the cage.

You could see the look on Dana Whites face while he was listening to Rich whine about Shonie being "greasy". The "you're a whiny bitch and why did I even put you on this show look".

It's hard not to like Shonie and Serra so far. They're likable guys. Too early to tell on the other people.

Serra just for his cornering of Shonie, earns massive respect.

Ok I rewatched this episode on tape and I don't think I liked it too much. It seemed to move too fast. We didn't really get to know the fighters or see them in the house. It was like "Hey here they are. Now train!" and the training shots weren't that great either. And no comments from Randy or GSP? Boo.

Ok I rewatched this episode on tape and I don't think I liked it too much. It seemed to move too fast. We didn't really get to know the fighters or see them in the house. It was like "Hey here they are. Now train!" and the training shots weren't that great either. And no comments from Randy or GSP? Boo.

I agree that it seemed really rushed. However, I did like the fight and if Team No Love gets the hammer back they'd be wise to take out Serra ASAP.

The only one who'd have a hope in hell of that would be Pete Spratt and even then it'd be a fairly easy win for Serra.

What the hell kind of drugs are you on lately?

I think this will end up being a "double elimination" fight, Dewees wins the fight, but can't continue in the tournament.

Why wouldn't he be able to continue? The doctor said he didn't lose enough blood for it to be a medical issue.

Because he's going to need lots of stitches to close that cut, and one shot to that wound will open him up even worse in his next fight. I don't know if Dana and co. want a guy advancing to the finals and one step away from a title shot because they hit an already injured Dewees with a shot on a gash and made him bleed worse than he did tonight.

The first round was good, but it went downhill from there. Gideon was gassed after the first round and couldn't get anything going. Dewees pulling a 0.8 Muta was the highlight of the season so far, though.

And I'm gonna have to call for subtitles when GSP speaks for the rest of the season.

It didn't look like a gash. It was a cut but not a gash across his hair line. You bleed profusely from the head no matter how big the cut. He'll be fine.

Guest Brian

I don't think the cut is really that bad, plus he's in the semis so he gets a good two-three week bye in real time. That was not a big gash that they were going to have to close up; it was a cut which eight stiches or a few staples should seal up and be taken off in time for the next round.