TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

The Comic Book Question Thread

Ok after looking at Steviekick's sig, I need to know what happen to Blue Beetle?

He got shot in the head by Max Lord

Still hurts.

Anybody got any info on the upcoming JSA relaunch?

(The that Gentleman Ghost story was weak. They should've started the OYL JSA with the relaunch.)

All I know is that they are going to be relaunching with some new members to the team, including a new Starman and Damage. Also there is supposed to be a crossover between the JSA/JLA that will span both books, the first time they will team together for a story in both books.

And yes, the Gentleman Ghost story was weak. Levitz could have done so much more.

I was looking at the comic rack today and realized half the stuff DC is currently publishing will probably be cancelled by this time next year.

I was at the shop today and the two customers ahead of me laid down well over $100 for their stack of comics. The first guy had some idiot with him. They looked like lowlifes. Is welfare money being spent on comics?

How much do YOU spend at the comic shop every Wednesday?

Way too much this week. It's normally about 2-4 books each week, but this week was nine:

Civil War

Civil War: X-Men

Annihilation: Nova

X-Factor

Uncanny X-Men

New X-Men

Justice League of America 0

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes

Checkmate

Flash

I really try to keep it to $10-$15. That doesn't always happen, though.

I try to stay under 15 bucks, if anything I do stay under 20 dollars.

GI Joe, JLA and 52 are all I need.

What was this about JSA crossing over into the new JLA?

Gimmicky cross-over to hype the JSA relaunch.

The that Gentleman Ghost story was weak. They should've started the OYL JSA with the relaunch

Disagree, if only because it rids us of the bullshit origin for the Gentleman Ghost that was given to the character by Geoff Johns in Hawkman.

$10-$25 and that's not counting TPBs and action figures. Countering them in, it's around $40-$70

I end up spending about 35 dollars a month, but that is due to me having to order my books from midtowncomics.com.

So is anyone else perplexed as to why in Astonishing X-Men they're telling a story that has nothing to do with anything else that's going on in the other books? I assume it's just a timeshift story, but they never actually mentioned that the particular story was happening in the future, did they? It just seems so bizarre and I'm finding it annoying to see certain characters in the other books, not knowing how the stuff in Astonishing is going to turn out.

So is anyone else perplexed as to why in Astonishing X-Men they're telling a story that has nothing to do with anything else that's going on in the other books? I assume it's just a timeshift story, but they never actually mentioned that the particular story was happening in the future, did they? It just seems so bizarre and I'm finding it annoying to see certain characters in the other books, not knowing how the stuff in Astonishing is going to turn out.

Joss is immune from continuity because "he's a star"; hence the current mess where TPTB at Marvel have basically stated outright that they no long care about trying to figure out how Joss's X-Men books fit in with current continuity and are taking a "We'll figure it out later!" approach that basically amounts to them saying they'll let the other writers do whatever they want and retrofit AXM into the timeline after the fact.

Whedon's (or maybe it was one of the Marvel editors) said that Astonishing sort of runs 'between the raindrops of Marvel continuity.' Meaning that the stuff that happens in all the crossovers is there, but doesn't really play a part in the events of the book.

I kind of like it that way since I think that Marvel's obsession with 'earth-shattering events that change EVERYTHING~!' over the last couple years has really hurt their ability to tell good stories since the writers only get a few issues before they have to deal with the crossover and then the resulting status quo change.

Joss is immune from continuity because "he's a star"; hence the current mess where TPTB at Marvel have basically stated outright that they no long care about trying to figure out how Joss's X-Men books fit in with current continuity and are taking a "We'll figure it out later!" approach that basically amounts to them saying they'll let the other writers do whatever they want and retrofit AXM into the timeline after the fact.

Same thing with JMS.

Why not just give them Ultimate books?

Same thing with JMS.

Why not just give them Ultimate books?

I think Colossus is gay in the Ultimate universe, so the whole "Kitty and Peter" thing wouldn't work.

Anyways, the current arc would seem to be after House of M, before Civil War and before all the shit that goes down in New X-Men, where I'm still surprised that I'm enjoying a book with X-23 in it...

Yea, quick question, with Marvel comics, is there anyway to tell what the release date of it was?

With DC, it's simple, you look on the front, and it just says "June 2005" or something, whereas with Marvel, I can't seem to find anything like that. So when I decide to read a 'compilation' its kind of hard to figure out the reading order right away

In an old Spider-Man issue (forgot the number, this story took place in the 90s), Spider-Man was tracking down The Human Torch because he apparantly turned heel and Spider-Man didn't want to believe it and had to know for sure. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Yea, quick question, with Marvel comics, is there anyway to tell what the release date of it was?

With DC, it's simple, you look on the front, and it just says "June 2005" or something, whereas with Marvel, I can't seem to find anything like that. So when I decide to read a 'compilation' its kind of hard to figure out the reading order right away

Check the fine print on page 1. That's probably your best bet, although probably not always the most accurate.

In an old Spider-Man issue (forgot the number, this story took place in the 90s), Spider-Man was tracking down The Human Torch because he apparantly turned heel and Spider-Man didn't want to believe it and had to know for sure. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

The Torch was fighting some dude, and had to up his flame to take him out, resulting in burning down a college. I think it was NYU.

Torch was public enemy number one for a while, but the FF eventualy cleared his name, with help from Spider-Man I think.

Tiffany HATES Angela, as she is the #2 slayer to Angela's #1, and feels she has betrayed heaven.

However, Spawn killed Tiffany in her two book appearences by melting her down to her bones.

If she came back after that, I dunno, but Angela herself got killed by Malebolgia. So I don't think so.