TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaertos

SWF Fantasy Football 2006

Well, it's that time of year again. I've set up a fantasy football league on Yahoo and I am inviting anyone in the SWF who wants to play. We've have a lot of fun with these leagues overe the past few years and I am hoping to continue the tradition.

here's the info:

League ID: 195254

League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/195254

Name: SWF-NFL

Password: macphisto

Let me know here, through a PM or by e-mail if any of the settings look goofy.

BREAK!!

You know I've gotta be in... I gotta make up for the lackluster performance last year... >_<

I'm also wondering when/where the draft will be

I haven't set a date for the draft yet. I figured there is plenty of time, and I would wait and see who was in before coming up with a time that i could run the darn thing. Right now it is set as an offline draft.

I'll figure out a date and let everyone know.

You know Thugg's in that shit!!

What's up guys?!?

I also want to open up mine for those that want to play in more than one league. Here's the info...

League: FF Donkey Corral (ID# 227182)

Password: heehaw

I have a bunch of other people that I'm going to open it up to, but since I started fantasy football on this site and you guys are great to play with, I wanted to invite some of you guys first. Those of you know who you are...

But, now that I'm done pimping my league...what's up bitches?!? Mark...I'm in like Flynn...See you guys on the field!

Sorry for the double post...

But, I just read through the settings, and I think some things are a bit screwy...unless of course you meant to make them that way, in which case they are GENIUS!

Anyway...

- Touchdowns should be 6 points, not 7. We have kickers for EPs.

- Passing yards and Rushing Yards shouldn't be worth the same. Rushing yards are more difficult (as are receiving) and should be 10 points, not 20. Passing yards should be 20.

- Fumble recoveries, blocked kicks, and safeties seem to be worth an awful lot. They are usually only worth 2 points a piece.

Those are my "suggestions" as to what I'd like to see. Obviously, the final call is completely up to you.

Damn...jump back on the boards for ONE DAY, and I'm already stirring up trouble.

Made some changes to the scoring, integrating some of Thuggs stuff with some ideas I had myself, including a bonus 5 points for a guy having a monster day (350 yards passing, 175 yards rushing, 200 yards receiving and 150 return yards).

Blocked kicks and safeties are worth 5 points as it stands now, almost as much as a TD. Thoughts anyone?

I'm looking at a time to schedule a draft. I'd love any feedback / suggestions anyone has on the scoring or the draft time.

Well, the blocked kicks and safeties thing...I don't think they should be as much as TDs...but, whatever...it's cool whatever you want.

Shoulds be fun!!

It really doesn't matter to me when the draft is, I just need to know it at least 2 weeks in advance so I can make the schedule with me having that day off from work.

Is it going to be in chat or somewhere else?

I don't know for sure. I haven;t been in chat for... well, years, but I am unsure as to how well the Yahoo live draft option would work for anyone.

I'm pretty sure there's a proxy list for these drafts. That way you can stack the top of the list with the players you really want in the event you no-show.

Ok, since there have been no objections, I am setting the draft for Thursday, 8-24 at 7:15 PM. It will be a live draft using the Yahoo engine. Just look it up on the site, which I will be updating momentarily.

What is your team named?

Also, we need another team before we can do our draft. It needs to be an even number and we are at 11. Any volunteers?