TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Fantasy Football

I was late getting in, but thankfully, I only missed my first round pick and still ended up getting Shaun Alexander(ROLL TIDE, BITCH!), but I don't have a good backup for him which sucks ass.

African Tide

STARTERS

QB: Jake Delhomme

RB: Shaun Alexander

WR: Terry Glenn

WR: Drew Bennett

TE: Todd Heap

W/R: Dante Hall

K: Josh Scobee

DEF: Baltimore

BENCH

QB: Mark Brunell

WR: Marty Booker

WR: Micheal Jenkins

TE: Daniel Graham

I'm okay as far as starters go, but I need a backup RB in the worst way, so I'm open for a trade.

So...you opted to draft a backup TE over a backup RB at any point in the draft?!?

No, I had drafted another RB, but it was the wrong one(Michael Turner instead of Darren Sproles), so I dropped Turner which is why he's not listed.

As for drafting another TE, He was like the 5th player I had quered(sp) before I left the draft around the 11th or 12th pick and some of the guys ahead of him got picked before my turn came up and I ended up with him.

Good luck. Just about everyone needs a good backup. Heck, some don't even a good starter.

I have Chester Taylor, Thomas Jones and Maurice Morris. It was nice to pick up Jones in the 7th round and Morris in the last round.

Guest Princess Leena
I have 3 good running backs. Lolz

2. Duckett gets too few carries. And Jamal is a worry since he's really sucked the last 2 years.

Guest Princess Leena
Good luck. Just about everyone needs a good backup. Heck, some don't even a good starter.

I have Chester Taylor, Thomas Jones and Maurice Morris. It was nice to pick up Jones in the 7th round and Morris in the last round.

Jones and Morris are both backups, though.

Jones could be a great pick if he gets his carries, though.

Two spots available in the ESPN League, which I'm hoping to make a Keeper League if they give me the option. I'll leave it another two days, after the weekend if nobody else is interested I'll leave it at six teams.

Guest StylesMark
I suppose we shouldnt forget League #2's draft is tomorrow..

I forgot...

I was going to be there for LIVE, but I'm not sure I can make it...so now, I must pre-rank. :(

I suppose we shouldnt forget League #2's draft is tomorrow..

Yeah, I'm going to PM everyone tonight as a reminder to be there or pre-rank for everyone else's sanity.

EDIT: I've sent PMs to everyone in the league except 2 people who haven't revealed who they are in this thread(Hullo and The Penis Mightier), so if they don't show, then too bad.

I don't know the players all that well in terms of fantasy value, since I missed the draft both times I tried to do a fantasy football league, but I think I have a really good strategy. I might not dominate like I did in the fantasy baseball league, but the Wiggers should definitely be a playoff team.

Okay...I did some pre-ranking. Is there an "auto-pilot"?

Basically, when your pick comes up, it'll select for you instead of going though the entire time limit. Like if you were the 4th in line and you pre-ranked Larry Johnson and Tiki Barber 1 and 2, if LJ is taken before you select, it'll pick Tiki for you.

Guest StylesMark

Oh...for gods sake...

I should've been here for the draft. My pre-ranking was shit.

Guest Princess Leena

1. (6) L. Jordan RB

2. (27) R. Bush RB

3. (38) D. Driver WR

4. (59) D. Mason WR

5. (70) Ro. Smith WR

6. (91) D. Brees QB

7. (102) B. Watson TE

8. (123) A. Bryant WR

9. (134) Jacksonville DEF

10. (155) D. Blaylock RB

11. (166) B. Troupe TE

12. (187) C. Simms QB

13. (198) T. Williamson WR

14. (219) R. Caldwell WR

15. (230) R. Gould K

I decided to be risky taking Jordan and Bush. With receiving being so important in our league (PPR, 10 yds receiving per point, compared to 20 running) and return yards counting... I took the big risk early on Bush.

All my WR's are great. They are important. And I did well there.

May have to get a little more depth at RB, though. I'll be looking to the waiver wire for some 3rd down/returning type, probably.

1. (2) L. Johnson RB

2. (31) R. Droughns RB

3. (34) W. Parker RB

4. (63) J. Delhomme QB

5. (66) A. Crumpler TE

6. (95) M. Muhammad WR

7. (98) K. Johnson WR

8. (127) G. Jones RB

9. (130) D. Williams RB

10. (159) D. Givens WR

11. (162) Atlanta DEF

12. (191) S. Holmes WR

13. (194) S. Janikowski K

14. (223) B. Volek QB

15. (226) A. Lelie WR

I'm set at RB, particularly if Jones ends up starting in Jacksonville, though i'd be happier if McGahee slipped a few more spots and i got him instead of Droughns or Parker. WR could be stronger though, hopefully there's lots of Delhomme-to-Keyshawn TD passes this year.

I decided to be risky taking Jordan and Bush. With receiving being so important in our league (PPR, 10 yds receiving per point, compared to 20 running) and return yards counting... I took the big risk early on Bush.

All my WR's are great. They are important. And I did well there.

May have to get a little more depth at RB, though. I'll be looking to the waiver wire for some 3rd down/returning type, probably.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea, going with the receiving RBs, instead of just looking for receivers right off the bat. I decided to just take Portis, so I had somebody at RB, and then draft receivers and tight ends for the next four rounds. I really jumped the gun on Vick though, taking him in Round 5, when I probably could have got Housmandzadeh for my final receiver spot, and still had Vick waiting for me in Round 6. Still though, I got most of the receivers I wanted, so I should have a pretty good team. With Anquan Boldin, Santana Moss, Tony Gonzalez, and Lee Evans or Jerry Porter filling out the last spot, I should be pretty set on the cheap receiving yards.

Guest StylesMark
Are my eyes going bad or did it say that Jeremy Shockey went #1 overall?!?

BTW, I am the Penis Mightier.

Wow...even I'm not THAT much of a homer.

Aside from the fact that the auto draft picked 2 kickers (the first one way too early) and 2 defenses (the first one also way too early) I'm pretty happy with the results.

1. (14) S. Jackson RB

2. (19) C. Williams RB

3. (46) K. Jones RB

4. (51) D. McNabb QB

5. (78) T. Houshmandzadeh WR

6. (83) D. Branch WR

7. (110) L. Smith TE

8. (115) N. Rackers K

9. (142) Cincinnati DEF

10. (147) T. Duckett RB

11. (174) R. Moats RB

12. (179) C. Pennington QB

13. (206) New York DEF

14. (211) R. Bironas K

15. (238) C. Rogers WR

Don't knock my Shockey pick damn you. It wouldn't have been so bad, really, but I was not expecting to get the numero uno spot.

ABSOLUTE ORIGINALS:

QB Eli Manning (32)

RB Joseph Addai (65)

RB Laurence Maroney (96)

WR Braylon Edwards (160)

WR Mark Clayton (161)

W/R Chris Brown (97)

TE Jeremy Shockey (1)

K Adam Vinatieri (33)

DEF Baltimore (64)

BENCH

QB Steve McNair (128)

RB Michael Pittman (dropped Jimmy Smith)

WR Justin McCareins (193)

TE Erron Kinney (192)

K Jeff Reed (dropped Martin Gramatica)

DEF New England (129)

I am quite happy overall...and I hope my rookie running back force can step it up.