TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

Bendis To Write "The Mighty Avengers..."

The Mighty Avengers...

Maybe this might be the "pro registration side". I like how they're going to keep the "New Avengers" team more conspiracy based, and "mighty", will be more worldwide, big action.

Dream rosters?

For "mighty", I'd take Iron Man, Yellow Jacket, Ms Marvel, and a revived Hawkeye.

"From the writer of the other Avengers book you hate.."

I'll pass.

Is it that bad? I've been passing it every now and then in one of my local shops but haven't bothered to buy it. Gimmie the deets.

"From the writer of the other Avengers book you hate.."

I'll pass.

Is it that bad? I've been passing it every now and then in one of my local shops but haven't bothered to buy it. Gimmie the deets.

The Jessica Drew Spider-Woman is the main star of the book and the bulk of the storylines involve her working for Hydra, who gave her her powers back in exchange for her spying on the good guys.

Oh and Spider-Woman now has phermone powers that let her beat bad guys by making them fall in love with her

Bendis fucking up Sentry by invalidating the entire Void concept in a four issue arc that had Emma Frost of all people being the one who beats Sentry while the Faux Avengers stand around

The whole Daredevil/Ronin debacle, which led to Ronin being introduced as Echo and an equally pointless Savage Land storyline with Sauron suddenly portrayed as a fire breathing dragon and the equally shitty Sentry arc, done to put off the storyline as Bendis whined and bitched about not being able to get his way

Iron Man being a dick at every turn complete with him bringing Sentry and Wolverine onto the team SPECIFICALLY because they kill (a major league betrayal of Avengers policy)

The shitty variant covers that Marvel used to artificially inflate the sales numbers for the series in it's first year

Cap being portrayed as an impotent loser

Oh yeah, and Spidey losing his fucking mask in a massive super-villain fight and not caring that everyone could see his face

Frank Cho is drawing it, so I'll be reading it.

Plus,

Said Cho, “Leisure suit Wonder Man is back!”

He also said, when asked what he brings to the table for the book, "Boobs".