TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

The Beer Thread.

Dogfish Head just opened up an alehouse about 10 minutes from where I live. I'm excited beyond words. They've got 90 Minute IPA on tap, and should also have Fort, the 18 abv fruit beer, pretty soon.

Go get yourself some of the Dogfish Head "Paulo Santo". I think it may be the best beer I've ever had.

I had a beer called Long Hammer IPA not too long ago. Not only was it kind of gross, but the top of one of the bottles broke off when I popped the cap off and I cut my hand. That was not exactly the beer experience I was hoping for, Red Hook Brewery!

Long Hammer IPA is very disappointing. Not enough hops.

Coincidentally enough, me and a buddy and his father had some last night and I noted the same thing. I think my exact words were "This is kind of puss for an IPA." I'm pretty excited because the local establishments have started selling stuff from Bell's, which means I can go to Lowe's and get the Kalamazoo Stout for 9.99 as opposed to the 12 or 13 it'd be at the gas station. Yeah, there is this gas station in downtown Raleigh that just looks like any old shitty Pantry or what have you, but when you go in there you get what is probably the best beer selection in Raleigh.

Yeah, I bought a six pack of Longhammer IPA a while ago, just to try it, and it wasn't anything I'd bother getting again. I'm not a huge IPA fan, but once in a while they're good for something different.

There is a friend of mine that loves Alexander Keiths, IPA. It's not even a true IPA.

Chiu? I've never seen him drink anything but that or Rickard's.

No, Nick.

Rickards is fine on draught form, but not in a bottle.

I was considering quitting drinking, not because it's causing problems (I've been comfortable with my drinking habits since my drunk driving arrest), but to slim down a little.

Then a pizza place opened up that delivers beer to your house. That's a sign.

They deliver milk and wine too. It's awesome.

I've never heard of anyone delivering milk. That in itself is kind of awesome.

They never had milkmen in Canada? They were fairly common in the States around forty or fifty years ago (so my elders tell me)

What's a good tasting beer to get out here in So Cal? All I know are the horrible tastes of Steel Reserve, Magnums, and the occasional decent, but seems like the best beer compared to those two Heiniken.

Oh and the Modello Negras and Especialls

Milkmen aren't common in the States anymore? Fuck, I don't think that I've ever not had a milkman, regardless of which side of England I've been living on.

I will pretty much just drink anything that's put in front of me. I'm not exactly drinking for the love of the taste anyway. However, I have developed somewhat of a fondness for White Kronenbourg.

Fosters is pure putrid piss marketed as alcohol, and doesn't take effect quickly enough to boot, you might as well just be drinking flavoured water.

What's a good tasting beer to get out here in So Cal? All I know are the horrible tastes of Steel Reserve, Magnums, and the occasional decent, but seems like the best beer compared to those two Heiniken.

Are you looking for local breweries, because I could suggest some from Nor-Cal that you can easily find at BevMo.

Actually, a milkman isn't quite the same thing. They stop by in the morning and leave a predetermined order, it's not like you can call them whenever you want and they'll come over.

I had a couple of Red Stripes at the comedy club yesterday. I had never tried it before. Not bad.

Don't know how you feel about imperial stouts, but AleSmith's Speedway Stout is pretty good and it's brewed in San Diego.

14232.jpg

I've never heard of anyone delivering milk. That in itself is kind of awesome.

They never had milkmen in Canada? They were fairly common in the States around forty or fifty years ago (so my elders tell me)

You know what? I was gonna make a good-natured snotty remark back. Then I was going to question whether or not you were being sarcastic. But now? I'm pondering it myself. I'm sure they were, but I've never heard any elderly person ever mention one.

And hells yes to the Red Stripe. Slogan of 'Hoooooooray, Beer!' was pretty well my mantra in college.

Anyone else notice they've started with the cider? I just got completely sick of lager, and now I'm on cider all the time. It's not much better in terms of quality in the pubs and such, but gets you there quicker and I find I can drink it any time of the day. Worrying.

I've been drinking this Tecate, which is like a Mexican Coors or something cause I've been hanging out with Mexicans. It's like, why do you have to drink Mexican beer just because you're Mexican?

Whatever, though. I like it better than Corona because the first time I ever threw up from drinking was off of ten Coronas. I was so young! These days ten beers is nothing!