TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

I was of the opinion that Diaz's chin was unable to be dented. Obviously not.

I was of the opinion that Diaz is unable to fight normally when his opponent draws blood. Obviously that is the case.

That really was a great card.

Sure. I knew this would be a lot better all along. However, I would not buy the same two fighters against shitty mandatories at that price again. I'm only willing to do that once.

I don't know if I'll be buying any PPV cards for a while. The only one I have any interest in prior to Pac/Hatton is Khan/Barrera. That's only 25 bucks. Maybe I'll get it. There are two Arum cards before Pac/Hatton, one with Chavez Jr., Soto, Montiel, and JLC, and the other with Nonito Donaire vs. Raul Martinez and Ulises Solis vs. Brian Viloria. Don't care about Roy vs. Sheika. It would be wrong to order that.

That was an incredible night of fights. I thought Diaz would make it out of the round but of course he didn't clinch.

If we get some unfication bouts and the return of Mayweather, this will be the best year of boxing in a long while.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I can watch those little Mexican fuckers pound each other all day. That was awesome.

Nothing special? You suck, 909!

I'm pumped for this upcoming card, but then again I always get pumped to see prospects who have potential to be future pound for pound kings fight.

Julio/Kirkland is the most intriguing fight on the card, by far though. Guerrero will never be that good, but Victor Ortiz has loads of potential. Ortiz is going to have a tough fight though, Arnaoutis is no push over... His only losses are against Holt and Torres, two of the divisions best.

I only care about the Kirkland/Julio fight. The rest is a flashback to that shitty tripleheader that HBO put on after Valentine's Day in 2007. That card had Malignaggi/Cherry, Ishe Smith/Sechew Powell, and Berto/Bravo.

Ortiz shouldn't have any problem, but he won't knock Arnaoutis out. If Ricardo Torres couldn't knock him out, Ortiz won't either.

I would rather pay for Marquez/Diaz then Paq/Hatton. Hatton is going to get torn apart, but I guess that could be worth seeing, eh?

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Ortiz shouldn't have any problem, but he won't knock Arnaoutis out. If Ricardo Torres couldn't knock him out, Ortiz won't either.

bwuh.jpg

Man, I liked Kirkland a lot. Super-aggressive with a great chin. Julio's a snatch for quitting on his stool.

Looks like Pavlik might be taking on Sergio Mora sometime this summer if Top Rank has its way.

Not only is Kelly and/or his handlers shit scared of Abraham, but the number of threats he's faced in his career remains steadily at 3.

Looks like Pavlik might be taking on Sergio Mora sometime this summer if Top Rank has its way.

Not only is Kelly and/or his handlers shit scared of Abraham, but the number of threats he's faced in his career remains steadily at 3.

Maybe Pavlik is scared to travel to Germany. After watching the 1st Miranda fight, can't say I'd blame him. Regardless I think they will eventually fight, I doubt Pavlik is scared of anyone at his weight class. Abraham has fought in American right? Wasn't the 2nd Miranda fight in the US?

Yeah. I believe neither of them are really too interested. They make more money fighting different people than they would fighting each other.

Yeah, Abraham KO'ed Miranda in Florida, so I don't imagine he'd have much trouble coming back to fight Pavlik, since from what both camps have said, Abraham has pursued the fight much more aggressively. Arum, meanwhile, has stated that Abraham isn't a big enough name stateside to warrant a fight just yet.

Yet Arum thought whoever Pavlik destroyed a few weeks ago was a big enough name Stateside.

Too be fair, Pavlik had to fight him regardless because he was the manitory challenger. So unless Pavlik wanted to lose his belts, he had to fight Rubio.

You can say with some legitimacy that it's Pavlik's handlers who don't want Abraham, but whilst Arthur has been calling for a unification bout for almost a year, the name out of Kelly's mouth post-Rubio was Duddy.

Khan's a big, talented LW, while MAB is a small, old former-FW. Morales is going to look even worse if he's serious about trying to come back.

I'm not a boxing fan by any means, but I find myself drawn to heavyweight title fights. I just got done watching Vitali vs. Gomez, and I loved the atmosphere. It felt *BIG*.

The fight was a little bit of a letdown, given that Gomez didn't seem to want to fight at all. But I rather liked watching Vitali attempt murder.

I don't get my fascination, it's not like I really enjoy it. I just...find myself drawn by the pomp and circumstance. The closest thing to it in the two combat sports I follow, MMA and Kickboxing is the K-1 WGP. Which I love as well...

Not versed at all. I never will be either.

Boxing bores the shit out of me. Doesn't matter who's fighting. I was into MMA long before I had any interest in boxing. Half the time I end up thinking "THROW A KICK" due to also being a fan of kickboxing. It never happens.

I just find HW world title fights interesting. I can't explain why. If I understood it, it'd be one thing ,but I don't. It's not like Vitali/Gomez held my interest the entire fight. I "got" what was going on, but more or less it basically revolved around one guy being terrified of the other's right and proceeded to flee like a girl into a clinch constantly to avoid it, which proved to be a great tactic as until Gomez got tired, Vitali had no answer then to hug him back. Eventually I got bored of it, ironically around the time that Vitali started to kill him. It's too one dimensional, too static for me.

I'm never going to be a boxing fan, but I will admit to having some interest in HW world title fights. I just don't know why.

Although the live orchestra thing was awesome.

How well versed are you on classic heavyweight fights? I mean if you find that interesting...

way to not come off as a dick there

Who asked you, you little pud?

The point I was trying to make is that he said he enjoyed that heavyweight fight. Therefore, he may enjoy many BETTER fights from days of old

The Ali/Frazier series, or Foreman/Lyle, just to rattle off two off the top of my head.

How well versed are you on classic heavyweight fights? I mean if you find that interesting...

The point I was trying to make is that he said he enjoyed that heavyweight fight. Therefore, he may enjoy many BETTER fights from days of old

The Ali/Frazier series, or Foreman/Lyle, just to rattle off two off the top of my head.

it came off bad, that's all

Vitali is so much better than Wladimir. More entertaining, more power, better chin, better technique. If only he had never "retired."

Not that the fight was a great fight or anything. He just looked really damn good.

No way Vitali has better technique than Wladimir. When Wlad actually bothers to throw punches, he's the best offensive HW since Lewis. Vitali has a leg up in that he actually shows aggression in his fights, but you'll never see him throw the same variety of punches and combos as Wlad does at his best.

Those fights are much better aesthetically, but I don't think those fights have the same sort of atmosphere that he liked about Vitali/Gomez.