TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

No way Vitali has better technique than Wladimir. When Wlad actually bothers to throw punches, he's the best offensive HW since Lewis. Vitali has a leg up in that he actually shows aggression in his fights, but you'll never see him throw the same variety of punches and combos as Wlad does at his best.

Agreed 100%.

Have you ever boxed in your life time 909? Wladimir CLEARLY has better technique. Vitali has more heart and better chin... Hell I'd even bet money on Vitali if they were fought, but Wladimir's technqiue is clearly above his older bro.

Wladimir has shown better technique, but my belief is that under Steward he has shown naught but two punches (and only sometimes those two punches are thrown in combination, wow!) and a hug.

Plus, I hate him. Discard my opinion of him based on that if you want.

Wladimir has shown better technique, but my belief is that under Steward he has shown naught but two punches (and only sometimes those two punches are thrown in combination, wow!) and a hug.

Plus, I hate him. Discard my opinion of him based on that if you want.

Maybe because he only needs those 2 punches to win the fight, did you ever think of that? I don't like either Klitschko, maybe you should learn to be unbiased. Wladimir is the #1 HW in the world, and you're problay the most biased poster when it comes to any boxer you dislike.

Maybe because he only needs those 2 punches to win the fight, did you ever think of that?

I never said different, but you aren't exactly providing anything to counteract my point that he, in fact, has not shown anything recently that tells you, wow, he has great technique and displays multiple punches. Actually you proved my point that he's shown nothing under Steward that lends to the theory that he's better technically.

and you're problay the most biased poster when it comes to any boxer you dislike.

Bull. How many fighters have I said I outright dislike? Wlad and....

the only other active fighters I have no love for are Ruiz, Vernon Forrest, Cory Spinks, Nikolai Valuev, and James Toney. Three of those six I just named are fucking boring, two of them are having a big part in continuing to drag down the heavyweight division, and the other I believe needs to retire. I like Floyd, so don't come at me with that shit. I know it's coming.

I dislike Wlad & Vitali, though I used to like Wlad until he became a total fucking bore in the ring and had a shitty excuse for every loss that he ever had. Vitali, despite the bitching over the Lewis fight, awkwardness in the ring and favoritism he's enjoyed from the WBC & Ring Magazine, has made the most of what he has, which is more than I can say for his brother right now.

I never said different, but you aren't exactly providing anything to counteract my point that he, in fact, has not shown anything recently that tells you, wow, he has great technique and displays multiple punches. Actually you proved my point that he's shown nothing under Steward that lends to the theory that he's better technically.

But he has shown in the past that he has great technique. What's the point to take risks instead of doing whats working for you, to prove you're a great techncial boxer? Everyone with half a brain already knows you can do more then what you are displaying, if you're winning the fight, why change it up? I hate using this arguement, but the fact that you problay have never boxed a round in your life, you will never understand.

Bull. How many fighters have I said I outright dislike? Wlad and....

the only other active fighters I have no love for are Ruiz, Vernon Forrest, Cory Spinks, Nikolai Valuev, and James Toney. Three of those six I just named are fucking boring, two of them are having a big part in continuing to drag down the heavyweight division, and the other I believe needs to retire. I like Floyd, so don't come at me with that shit. I know it's coming.

Fact you try to discredit Corey Spinks from being the #1 welterweight in the division at one point proves your bias. He was the undisputed champion and beat both Mayorga and Judah back to back. He might be boring as shit, and will never be a hall of famer, but I respect the fact he's accomplished quite a bit for not ever being the absolute best boxer out there. Champion in 2 divisions, beating very good fighters also losing a controversial desicion against Jermain Taylor. Dude has accomplished alot for not being "the best", the fact anyone trys to take away from what he has accomplished puzzles me.

I hope Chambers (somehow) flattens Peter tomorrow night. It doesn't appear as though he wants to remain a prizefighter much longer anyway. At least he hasn't behaved like Ike Ibeabuchi.

Ike Ibeabuchi had 100x more potential then Samuel Peter ever had. If there ever was going to be a threat to Lewis in his reign, it was going to be him.

Margarito's wraps tested positive for "elements of plaster of paris." That would be the end of his career I do believe.

The two judges who had that one close are out of their mind.

Apparently Andre Berto vs. Juan Urango and Kermit Cintron vs. Alfredo Angulo have been finalized for an HBO card on May 30th. I approve.