TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Gas Price Check...

I was reading some old gas threads just now from '04 and and one from around Hurricane Katrina. It was strange to see people upset about $1.90 gas. It seems to be going down quite a bit recently. In my area, the average has gone from about $2.85 to $2.65 in the last 2-3 weeks. I was curious to know about other areas. How are the prices in the south? The west coast?

Also, I thought I heard on the news this week that the prices may do down to $2.00 this fall. Can anyone verify this? This happened last year I remember, before they shot way the hell up again in the spring.

Go.

Guest Smues

Prices seem to be going up in Anchorage, but that's probably because of the pipeline corrosion. Damn pipes.

I think I paid $2.91 a gallon last night.

The many places around here average 2.79-2.86 right now.

I have a diesel work truck, and diesel has come down to about 2.90 recently. It was up around 3.10 a few weeks ago.

2.31 most places today, me an Hawk got it made, Southern Ohio is lucky

Here in SC it's anywhere from $2.34 - $2.43 for 87 grade. It's definitely a welcome change. The strange part is, not even 15 minutes away in Georgia, you still see 87 grade for $2.75-$2.90 depending on the location.

Here in SC it's anywhere from $2.34 - $2.43 for 87 grade. It's definitely a welcome change. The strange part is, not even 15 minutes away in Georgia, you still see 87 grade for $2.75-$2.90 depending on the location.

Its like that here vs Delaware because for some reason Delaware has stricter air quality rules and has to use a special blend of gas.

So people in Delaware drive into Maryland for gas and people from Maryland drive into delaware for no sales tax and slots...I suppose its a fair compromise.

Guest JustPassinBy
Also, I thought I heard on the news this week that the prices may do down to $2.00 this fall.

They'll go lower than that.

Last September 1st, unleaded gas was selling at 2.40/gal on the NYMEX.

This September 1st, unleaded gas is selling at 1.73/gal on the NYMEX.

Last year, unleaded gas fell to around 1.40/gal (was its low point) on trading in the NYMEX. This occurred in December, and later in February. The reason for this was mostly natural bc gas prices always fall as people drive less in the winter months.

If gas naturally falls this year like it did last, you could possibly see unleaded gas trading at around 1.00/gal on the NYMEX by the winter time. This would translate into unleaded gas prices at the pump of around 1.60-1.80 depending where you live. Its definitely probable.

1.60-1.80 gas would be back to 2004 levels.

Its like that here vs Delaware because for some reason Delaware has stricter air quality rules and has to use a special blend of gas.

So people in Delaware drive into Maryland for gas and people from Maryland drive into delaware for no sales tax and slots...I suppose its a fair compromise.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Its 2.84 where I live but about 20 miles up the road, it's down to 2.39 because of a pricing war. And we are usually considerably higher than Maryland because of our environment laws. About 20-40 cents most of the time.

But you guys have a mall. Sussex County has to go to either Salisbury (33 miles) or Dover (40 miles), Salisbury ends up being closer so we have to drive in to get CDs that aren't edited to hell.

Guest Felonies!

You don't live in a society where the automobile is absolutely crucial for travel, so you shut the fuck up.

Oh, and it's like $2.98 at the British Petroleum down the street from my house, but I saw $2.81 around Vernon Hills/Lincolnshire/Mundelein yesterday.

Guest Felonies!

Public transportation is severely lacking here compared to overseas, and we have more area to cover. Americans are doing considerably more driving than Britons.

Even though there hasn't been any major variation on oil prices, gaz went from $96.9/L to $102.4/L for the weekend. So that means the equivalent of $3.84 per gallon. The situation isn't as crazy as it was last year, but it's still royal thievery.

2.70-2.80 here in Nashville TN. The difference depends on daily fluctuations and prices vary from area to area. It's really weird: in one part of town, the gas is twenty cents more expensive than in another, at every gas station regardless of company. That means that Exxon, Shell, BP, and Texaco in Town A all charge more than their sister stores in Town B just a few miles away.

I think the reason why we have higher prices than most other Southern states is due to Tennessee's ridiculously high gas tax. It's basically one big pork barrell scheme for the Department of Transportation and its various subcontractors, as they get damn near every cent of tax from damn near every gallon of gas that's pumped in this state. It all adds up to an annual budget which is in the Billion dollar range. Just about every major road and interstate is constantly undergoing some kind of construction, yet, oddly enough, every tiniest construction project seems to take years to finish...

I just payed 3.11 last night for 87. But CT should be one of the higher ones thanks to the rise in gas tax this fiscal year. Would be under 3.xx right now if it wasn't for that rise.