TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Gas Price Check...

Guest Vitamin X

Last time I filled up it was at $2.95 for unleaded. Still expensive here, but I've seen it go down a bit.

If it can go down to $1.50-$1.80, I can live with that. When I started driving, and this was in California mind you, the average for me was $1.20-something to $1.50-something for premium. Just as long as it's around and preferably lower than $2/gal.

Guest Princess Leena

Exactly. There's no reason to drop it that low. We're just getting used to thinking $2.50 isn't that bad. Then, when an average hurricane hits... back to $3+. Because we didn't listen.

Its funny to see in Toronto that at the wee hours of night its like 68-72 cents a litre then at peak traffic its up too 87-93 cents a litre.

I'm paying $2.39/gallon Saturday.

So...what's everbody think...Is the drop in prices because of lowered demand, increased production, or an OMG CONSPIRACY~!!!!!111?

It's between 2.39-2.45 here.

It's just irritating because a year or two ago we would've been freaking out about 2.40 a gallon. Now we're welcoming it. It sucks because they can charge us whatever the fuck they want to and we just have to sit there and take it.

Its just the summer rates going away.

Labor day weekend is the end of the summer and vacation season.

Everyone knows prices go up in the summer, everyone should know they'll likely fall again in autumn.

I would be surprised if prices went below $2 where I live, but perhaps it will in the boonies. Who can tell?

But I doubt it.

Guest wildpegasus
1.19/L (canadian) the last time I got gas. Which translates to 4.07 per gallon (US).

Yeah, that's what it's about here as well.

Guest JustPassinBy
So...what's everbody think...Is the drop in prices because of lowered demand, increased production, or an OMG CONSPIRACY~!!!!!111?

Its only a conspiracy to the ultra left that believe supply/demand problems can be cured by price ceilings.

Anyone that can suggest that the president of the United States has any power on setting the price of oil and dictating production levels of OPEC, and demand levels of the consumer, is nuts.

Insane.

Bush and the Reps in congress could have done work in 6 years to severely alleviate the effect of the oil market on the U.S.A.

We decided not to.

Definitively.

Gas is still dropping around here, it was 2.21 this morning. I did ask the guy while I was getting a couple drinks and he said that as far as he knows, it'll keep going down.

Gas store owners really have no idea where the prices will go.

I don't think he was the owner, he was white. If anything, he's just keeping customers spirits up.

Some Virginia prices for 87:

Charlottesville - $2.65

Random places up and down US-29 - $2.55

Gainesville - $2.41

Arlington - $2.77

All this within 100 miles. Lovely.

2.49-2.58 in Hampton.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

It's 2.58 up here, and Ft. Wayne is supposed to have the worst gas prices in the state. I should take a trip down to Brown County this fall.