TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Since we're using this thread to bitch about our jobs, here some more to add to the list concerning Gamestop:

Being required to ask each and every customer that walks in the door, if they brought any trade-ins. Even if they obviously have NOTHING, its on the mystery shopper report, and we HAVE to ask.

Believe me, we dont like having to ask you to reserve something anymore than you like hearing it everytime you buy something. Once again, its on the mystery shopper report, and we HAVE to do it.

God help you if the manager hears you (the employee) either not use the 'trade-in greeting', ask you to reserve something, offer you a magazine subscription, offer you a 1 year extended warranty on your game, and/or tell you to make sure to bring your trade-ins next time you come in. Its a pain in the fucking ass.

My store averages 80 hours a week. 25-30 goes to the ASSISTANT MANAGER (who is supposed to be full-time), 25-30 for me (being senior game advisor, its what I'm supposed to get), then the rest (usually no more than 20-25 additional hours) are divided amond my store's 3 part-timers. With that being said, an email was sent to all the stores in our district saying that if we want more hours, we have to take more trade-ins. If the customers aren't bringing any trades (because most people have discovered this little thing called eBay), how are we supposed to get more hours? To top it all off, the DM sent my boss an email earlier this week telling him he had to immediately hire 5 more people. How the hell are they supposed to get paid?

Guest BOOT

Just got back from playing some 5 a side football. For some reason I was shit and had no energy. Even missed a penalty. These things fucking piss me right off.

Guys who claim to be in love with their girl, and constantly cheat on her. Worse when they don't tell her about it. The same guys who will say anything to get layed and not worry about what people they might be fucking over in the process. It's just so childish.

If you aren't a one lady man, and like to sleep around, that's fine. No need to be a total dick about it.

The most inept people bringing a full shopping cart to the self-service checkout lane.

The "God Hates Gay People" type of sign holders than come onto my college's campus every so often.

The people foolish enough to get into shouting matches with said people.

Picketers, protesters and attention whores in general.

Any semi-truck driving in the fast lane should be shot on general principle. That shit angers me.

Others?

Replace "semi-truck" with "old people"

Hoff, is that you?

Anyways, the neighbors above me piss me off. 4:30 AM, and they are making a racket. Come on people, some of us have class in the morning.

The Head On commercials.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
What a bunch of trouserstains who are way too invested in their own little worlds.

Well I'm not gonna be invested in someone else's little world. Fuck them. I got enough shit to worry and bitch about in my little world.

Anyways, the neighbors above me piss me off. 4:30 AM, and they are making a racket. Come on people, some of us have class in the morning.

The Head On commercials.

Do they have full-on commercials? I've only ever seen the one "closed captioning paid for" spot at the end of Jeopardy. And yeah, that's awful.

"People get mad when they can't find something they want to buy! FUCKING COCKSUCKERS! TRY ANOTHER STORE? TRY DYING!"

It's not so much that they get mad when they can't find something, it's when they take it as a personal insult and decide they need to cope with it by saying something snide to the employee, who has zero authority over what products get sold in the store.

Bicyclists that butter their bread on both sides, and want to be treated like a vehicle when it comes to yielding the right of way & whatnot, but want to be treated like a pedestrian when it comes to red lights & stopping at stop signs.

Either you're a real vehicle or a pedestrian on wheels ... not both.

Oh, and people that say "butter their bread on both sides".

"People get mad when they can't find something they want to buy! FUCKING COCKSUCKERS! TRY ANOTHER STORE? TRY DYING!"

It's not so much that they get mad when they can't find something, it's when they take it as a personal insult and decide they need to cope with it by saying something snide to the employee, who has zero authority over what products get sold in the store.

That's precisely it.

Yes, I did mean pedestrian.

I don't know how or why I used "passenger" there ... other than starting with the same letter, there's really no reason to get the two words confused.

I wish someone else had made that mistake, so I could mock them for their confusion.

Regardless, I've corrected my mistake-laden post.

Canadians that bitch about how much they have to pay for gas. Dont all of you get free medical? Cry me a fucking river!

Doesn't help when you're not sick but still need to drive to work.

Get sick and don't go to work while receiving free healthcare.