TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

Guest Felonies!
Lol, I was hopping for something more like LinuxBot.

I thought you were hopping for another banana!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I really hate doing the laundry. I could be a nudist based on that alone.

Canadians that bitch about how much they have to pay for gas. Dont all of you get free medical? Cry me a fucking river!

Doesn't help when you're not sick but still need to drive to work.

You can take an ambulance.

People who complain about my stores lack of organic produce. It's southern Utah, people are more worried about shooting a deer than they are about a little pesticide and aren't going to pay 3.99 for organic grapes when non-organic ones are 1.99, so why should we have a huge stock of organic stuff for you, Mr. Traveler?

WHY?

Also, people who go beyond complaining about lack of organic produce and proceed to lay out the virtues of organic produce, as if convincing me that organic produce is good will magically make said produce appear in the store.

People who complain about my stores lack of organic produce. It's southern Utah, people are more worried about shooting a deer than they are about a little pesticide and aren't going to pay 3.99 for organic grapes when non-organic ones are 1.99, so why should we have a huge stock of organic stuff for you, Mr. Traveler?

WHY?

Also, people who go beyond complaining about lack of organic produce and proceed to lay out the virtues of organic produce, as if convincing me that organic produce is good will magically make said produce appear in the store.

Your store should get Organic produce and then over price it!

Yeah not to mention if we went organic we wouldn't be able to grow enough food to feed the people we are feeding now. So there would be even more starving people in the world! Hit them with that.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the people that feel they have to get right up on your ass before passing you. I usually slam on my brakes when they do that and it causes them to wildly swerve into the next lane. I know one day they'll probably hit me but I need a new car anyway and I wonder if I can get away with "I saw a cat run out into the street!!! Did nobody else see that cat!?"

Oh and I hate it when I go to the counter at Gamestop and they try to offer me 100 different things.

I mean it's ok if that's what you're required to do but don't push me after I've said no. They do that a lot at Gamestop. Just keep going on and on.

I'd like to go up to the counter with a game and say "This is what I want. This is all I want. I don't want to buy or consider buying anything else. And I don't have a Gamestop card. And I don't want one."

Then if they proceed to offer me anything after my protest I'll say "nevermind" and leave.

Oh and I hate it when I go to the counter at Gamestop and they try to offer me 100 different things.

I mean it's ok if that's what you're required to do but don't push me after I've said no. They do that a lot at Gamestop. Just keep going on and on.

I'd like to go up to the counter with a game and say "This is what I want. This is all I want. I don't want to buy or consider buying anything else. And I don't have a Gamestop card. And I don't want one."

Then if they proceed to offer me anything after my protest I'll say "nevermind" and leave.

Seriously, if it bothers you to the point where you're going to say that, then stop shopping there. That is just flat out rude, and it is demoralizing for the employees. As annoying as you find the offers, the employees will find it 100x more irritating. You have to hear it on the occasion you go in there and buy something, they have to repeat it to every customer. I shop at Gamestop too, and "no thank you" has always worked.

Dama....LOLZ

what if they hit your car and the damage doesn't total it out? guess what? you're still stuck with your shitty car and now you have the headache of having to figure out a way around town while your car is in the body shop.

and like ErnieRowe said, is it THAT hard to simply tell the people at the counter "No thanks"? It's their job to hound you about stuff, it's called being a salesperson. Plus, you're going to just give up buying something simply because they're doing their job? Wow...

It's not that I have to say no thank you. It's that I have to say it about 5 times because they won't stop offering me things. And then even after I say no they continue to hammer it home and ask me to buy more things or try to keep selling me something I said no to.

I wasn't expecting it to total it out. I probably wouldn't get a new car but it'd make me feel good to get one of those fuckers. Maybe I can be involved in a road rage incident where he's pissed and comes after me and I whip his ass in traffic(or get mine whipped). Either way it's a good story.

Regarding purposely causing an accident to prove a point: People with that mentality crack me up. Yeah, they're really showing that evil tailgater by potentially causing a multi-car pile-up. And there's no chance that the insurance investigators will see through a "cat ran across my path" excuse ... no chance at all. And the potential for causing a fatality (no matter how slim) would be a small price to pay to prove a point! It's a foolproof plan!

Regarding the repeatedly saying no to a salesperson: Say it once, and then just stop responding. Or just say, "no" as soon as they open their mouths. It's not like the sales person likes having to ask the questions. Maybe just ask to see a manager as soon as you go up to pay, and inform them that you shop there regularly and it angers you that you're forced to endure their questions each time ... tell the manager you want to be rung up with no questions asked.

Guest Felonies!

I just stopped buying video games completely because the GameStop Interrogation Counter just took all the fun out of it. They are that bad.

Regarding purposely causing an accident to prove a point: People with that mentality crack me up. Yeah, they're really showing that evil tailgater by potentially causing a multi-car pile-up. And there's no chance that the insurance investigators will see through a "cat ran across my path" excuse ... no chance at all. And the potential for causing a fatality (no matter how slim) would be a small price to pay to prove a point! It's a foolproof plan!

Regarding the repeatedly saying no to a salesperson: Say it once, and then just stop responding. Or just say, "no" as soon as they open their mouths. It's not like the sales person likes having to ask the questions. Maybe just ask to see a manager as soon as you go up to pay, and inform them that you shop there regularly and it angers you that you're forced to endure their questions each time ... tell the manager you want to be rung up with no questions asked.

I probably wouldn't ever do it but it just annoys me that they can't fucking change lanes without getting on my ass and easing over nearly hitting me in the process!

Hmmm there's an idea. "Ring this up." *jedi wave of two fingers* "With no questions asked."

Guest Princess Leena
I just stopped buying video games completely because the GameStop Interrogation Counter just took all the fun out of it. They are that bad.

I concur with Czech and Dama here. Some stores have gotten too bad with this. The Gamestop close to me is worst, as they'll ask me numerous times if I have anything to trade in. I'm like "I've been looking around the store for 5 minutes, and I'm not carrying anything. Does it look I have anything to trade in? And do I really want to give you my working XBox for $30. And games for a quarter. No. Bye."

And it's worse being a female there... as I get the workers who think I'm clueless and will share their "knowledge" about every area I'm looking at, and the occasional hitting on me. I don't know how my female friend can work there. Although, she has tons of fun stories to share.

Exactly, if you're going to complain about it, complain to the manager because complaining to the cashier won't eve work. No matter how many times you complain to the cashier, they can't change a damn thing about it. It's also very likely that their manager won't be able to change it either, because the company is going to have expectations for the success of the offers.

And once again, if it's really that obnoxious, find places that don't have those types of offers.

I just don't respond to them. I just hand them the money for the total that comes up, say "thank you very much, have a good day" and leave. They can ask me til their blue in the face, I'm not responding. They don't want to say it, and I don't want to respond. I'll say thank you, smile and leave.

The only thing I hate right now are injuries that refuse to heal.

I quit shopping at my local GameStop because of one employee who annoyed me right out the door. I tried being kind to him, but he just kept going on and on with the questions. I was polite and respectful until I realized that he wasn't going to stop. The only solution is to shop online.

I'm not the type of customer to get into an argument with an employee or make a big fuss. I'm certainly not the type to care enough to write letters or talk to a manager. It's not worth my effort. Just go to another store or enjoy shopping online.

Guest Princess Leena

I miss shopping online for games. :(

ebgames.com used to be great, as you could save lots of money and be assured of getting full copies of games. Now, you never know, and purposely jack up the online prices.

I quit shopping at my local GameStop because of one employee who annoyed me right out the door. I tried being kind to him, but he just kept going on and on with the questions. I was polite and respectful until I realized that he wasn't going to stop. The only solution is to shop online.

I would have talked to his manager. I'm pretty nice to a fault, but when I get one of those morons, it's easiest to just talk to the manager.

I'm not the type of customer to get into an argument with an employee or make a big fuss. I'm certainly not the type to care enough to write letters or talk to a manager. It's not worth my effort. Just go to another store or enjoy shopping online.

I don't like making a fuss either, but there's a line between stamping your feet, raising your voice and making a complete fool out of yourself or politely talking to a manager.

I just don't respond to them. I just hand them the money for the total that comes up, say "thank you very much, have a good day" and leave. They can ask me til their blue in the face, I'm not responding. They don't want to say it, and I don't want to respond. I'll say thank you, smile and leave.

The only thing I hate right now are injuries that refuse to heal.

That is perhaps the worst route you could go. At least respond to the person with a "Hell no, stop asking me" and acknowledge their questions and their existence. But to simply not even answer them, treating them as if they're totally insignificant, is amazingly rude. Again, people don't want to ask these questions. They are forced upon them by the company they work for. They don't want to ask them. You don't want to answer them. If you can't cope with saying the words "No thanks" a few times before finishing your transaction and leaving the store, you're unquestionably socially retarded.

And yet, the guy worked there has since stopped asking me and we now talk about games when I make the trip. He actually got tired of hearing people tell him no all the god damn time. He honestly didn't give a crap if people responded or not, he just wanted to get through his day and usually breezed through anyway.

They don't want to say it and they get tired of being told, "no thanks" or getting some jerk giving them a speech. No response is the same as no, didn't hurt his feelings or make him think I was rude. He knew that just like him, it got old to even respond to the same stupid question. It's not like he works at an airline where the answer is important.

Guest Felonies!
Prices for food and beverages at a sports event.

Nothing says rape like $4.50 for a slice of pepperoni pizza.

That and rape.

Guest Smues

Count me in with Dama and Czech and Leena (wow that's a wierd trio) with the gamestop employee hatred. And that "talk to the manager" solution doesn't work when the manager is shilling the shit worse then anyone else. NO I DON'T WANT TO BUY FABLE YOU SON OF A BITCH LEAVE ME ALONE. And just because the employees are forced to ask their 700 questions of doom doesn't mean I'm not allowed to get angered by it. Plus there's the people who won't stop after you say no. "Want to spend $5 on our game insurance?" "No thank you." "But you'd be stupid not to buy it. Only a retard wouldn't pay to keep his game safe for a year! BUY IT BUY IT NOW!" I seem to get those people more often than not. Oh and the damn pre-order people who act like you can only get the game/system in their store. "Did you pre-order an xbox 360 yet?" "No" "THEN YOU WON'T GET IT ON LAUNCH DAY BECAUSE WE'RE SOLD OUT!"

Oh and back to the general topic of things that anger me, I hate when the cable company says they'll be at my place between 7am-6pm.