TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

I've been working in a grocery store for a few years now..

- I usually work the dairy section in my store. People who will literally take every last milk jug/carton off the shelf to get a 1 or 2 day difference. This one is especially annoying when I'm in the cooler filling (and watching them) take apart the entire shelf. It wouldn't be so annoying if people would just fix it once they took it apart.

- Rotating. Jesus f'n Christ. I realize the importance of rotating, but it is a MASSIVE pain in the ass.

- If we are out of stock on any item(s) customers usually like to use two main lines: "Pff! I'm going to (insert local competitor here)!" or "This is much cheaper at Wal-Mart!"

- People that come up to me and ask "Do you work here?" No, I'm just wearing the company uniform for fun.

- Receiving orders in minus 35.

- Can't remember where in the thread I read this or who said it, but I couldn't agree more with the hatred for shelf stuffing. Without question one of my biggest annoyances.

I'm sure I'm leaving a few out, but once I go to work tonight I'll remember them.

- People that come up to me and ask "Do you work here?" No, I'm just wearing the company uniform for fun.

---

Oh I hear that.

I worked at JJB Sports over Christmas, we wear very obvious clothes, all black with huge 'STAFF' in white writing on our backs, and a white and blue JJB logo that stands out a million miles away.

'Do you work here mate'?

The opposite of that is if for whatever reason I have to go into work in my street clothes I have to remind myself not to ask customers if they need help for fear of getting looked at like I'm insane.

More from working for that satellite TV company:

Some guy threatened to call the FCC on us because we didn't inform him when we'd start charging for the protection he received free for 12 months...even though the bill was clearly marked "DHPP Credit 12 of 12" on his final month.

Somehow it's our fault that he didn't read his bill.

Sadly, I probably would have worked with him had he not waited four months to call in and bitch.

The funny part of the conversation:

Him: "Do you read every bill you get line by line?"

Me: "Yes, sir, I do, especially if I notice an increase in my bill so I can figure out why it's higher and call immediately if need be."

Him: "Bullshit. Like I'm supposed to believe you."

Me: "I'm very sorry, sir."

Him: "So who do I call, the FTC or the FCC?"

Me: "Sir, I'm not sure you can call the FCC and the FTC because you didn't read your bill thoroughly."

Him: "So now you're insulting me. I want your supervisor."

You call me a liar, but I'm insulting you? Nice.

Sadly, if the call gets graded I'll get written up for it, but fuck it, I'm getting tired of having to deal with the morons.

---

Oh I hear that.

I worked at JJB Sports over Christmas, we wear very obvious clothes, all black with huge 'STAFF' in white writing on our backs, and a white and blue JJB logo that stands out a million miles away.

'Do you work here mate'?

This is in line with people calling the store/workplace, you answering and getting a response of "Hi, are you guys open today?"

"No, I'm sitting around in my uniform on my day off, answering the phone to tell people we're not open."

One of my co-workers back in the video store days actually said "Absolutely not" when somebody asked that and they paused before saying "Oh, okay" and hung up.

Guest Smues

Mail delivery has been awful up here for the last month or so. In state stuff seems to be just fine, but anything coming from the lower 48 is taking a ridiculously long time. I was seriously thinking someone was stealing my mail until some stuff I ordered with 3-5 day delivery that was physically shipped in December finally showed up last week. For one of my wife's classes the bookstore ordered the wrong book, so the day her professor told them they had the wrong book I went online and ordered the correct ones, which was the only option available since they weren't to be found in state, and paid for expediated shipping. This was three weeks ago and the books still aren't here.

Christ Brody, what happened? What'd you fuck up to get a $4,000 damage estimate?

I have the 2 side doors indented in the middle together a bit, and possible some frame damage. I took it to a different mechanic (non insurance approved) and he gave me a 1500 estimate. 450 for a new door, etc....

Tomorrow I go to war with the Insurance bitch

WHAT HAPPENED BRODY? I want to hear about this war.

So, I'm driving to my girlfriend's Friday night and again, NJ drivers suck a dick. This lady slowly pulls out of a store right into my lane when I'm right fucking there. I don't understand. When I started driving seven years ago, drivers were not this bad. I almost was the victim of three car accidents this weekend because of fucking dumbasses on the road. I'm laid back so I won't beep my horn because then I'd feel bad about scaring the other drivers, but this is a place I can vent, and it really fucking pisses me off that people suck at driving here.

- If we are out of stock on any item(s) customers usually like to use two main lines: "Pff! I'm going to (insert local competitor here)!" or "This is much cheaper at Wal-Mart!"

I love that. Like you, random worker can do something to fix the prices or magically make the stock appear.

I was always afraid of losing my minimum wage jobs back in high school. Looking back, those jobs were a dime a dozen so I don't know what I was afraid of. I wish I would've said something like "Go ahead. Ask them if they're hiring. I'm looking for a new job." or just simply tell them "I don't fuck care, whether you shop here or not doesn't affect my paycheck at all."

Fuckin' bitch that's now sitting in the office across the hall from me. She's a loud-talker as it is, but she has to have EVERY goddamn phone call she makes/gets on the speakerphone with the volume maxed out. Plus, she's one of those social people that's more concerned with gossiping than working, so there are always a bunch of people loitering in her office...who are also talking.

I gotta ask to move to the other end of the hall.

Our heat has been out for a MONTH. Can't bitch at the landlord because he's actually been hoofing trying to get it done, but the dude he hired has been dicking around while my wife and I stay with friends when it dips into the 20's.

We came home one morning to find the water in the toilet bowl frozen solid.

In a job market like this, why the FUCK would you not get right on every job that came your way? And why fuck around with people when its cold?

The job market in Michigan is a serious cunt right now

Isn't it one of the worst in the nation, if not the worst?

oh yeah, #1 easy. I believe I read that 2 and 3 were South Carolina and Rhode Island

Ice.

Granted it was probably not a great idea to go for a walk today knowing what the weather's been like. And even less of a great idea to go in trainers with little grip to them. And yes, I managed to stay upright, more or less. But creeping across an icy bridge clinging on for dear life was hardly the most dignified 30 seconds of my life.

You know what bothers me? The overuse of the expression "going forward." Just fucking say "from now on" like everyone used to. It's just because athletes and politicians used the expression, we've all got to use it. Now everytime I hear it, I feel like whoever says it is giving a press conference.

Sportscenter showed Knicks vs Cavs highlights...but not really.

All they showed were Lebron James highlights, and it went on forever. It was like a 1 or 2 point game the entire game, but all they would show was Lebron. ESPN is shit

Sportscenter showed Knicks vs Cavs highlights...but not really.

All they showed were Lebron James highlights, and it went on forever. It was like a 1 or 2 point game the entire game, but all they would show was Lebron. ESPN is shit

I usually hate over-hyped players (as documented in the sports folder) and Lebron has been no exception to that rule. But, I thought maybe this season I was feeling better about it. I didn't hate it everytime they mentioned him.

Then Stuart Scott said "Bron Bron" and all that hatred filled my gut again.

Hate Stuart Scott then not LeBron.

You wonder what the athletes really think about Scott. I would think 75% hate him.

The way I work is to not only hate the person that's overhyping them, but the person that's being overhyped. Because if it wasn't for the person who was being overhyped then we wouldn't have to listen to the person overhyping them.

Much like why I hate black people. I mean I hate the KKK with a passion, but if it wasn't for black people I wouldn't have to deal with the KKK in the first place. ;)

-People who fuck up then blame everyone else because of it.

Someone recently said some stuff "drunkenly" and it cost him a chance to do something and of course it's not his fault that he lost what he was gonna do, it's the people who took it from him fault. (I have to leave out details)

-People who are ungrateful bastards when you're giving them a ride somewhere.

I was recently going out of my way for someone and picking them up and giving them rides to shows and rehearsals so she could participate in the shows and one night I picked her up to bring her to a show so she could perform in it and on the way she goes "oh by the way, I can't help you out with a dress change because I'm gonna be in the bar.". She couldn't take 3 minutes to help me out with something, because she wanted to drink, even though the bar is closed by that time. So I decided I'm not gonna help her get to these shows now. Fuckin, bitch.

Guest Vitamin X

This would've normally gone in the "Things That Bother You" thread, but it's getting to the part now where it's just really annoying.. having EVERYONE and their mother use the phrase, "Well, in this/considering the economy.." for pretty much everything wrong in life today.

Guest Vitamin X

Well, in this economy, it's difficult to come up with different things to blame stuff on.

Guest Marneywasmurdered

I went to go see The Wrestler last night at the Colossus. Traffic was brutal and by the time I found parking there was 5 minutes before the movie started. I go to get in line and there's literally 200 people ahead of me, most of them screaming pushing teenagers. After 10 minutes with the line not moving at all, I gave up and went home.