TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GODSON

Bound For GLory

Then why not beat the James Gang instead? It makes more sense to beat a team who aren't heading into a tag title shot than a team that are. At least give the illusion that the team getting a tag title shot aren't losers.

But they ARE losers. They're gonna get beat by LAX...a disappointed Shane Douglas comes in and slaps the Nats around AGAIN...The Nats have had enough and turn on Douglas. It's been building and I thought that would've happened last night but I guess they saved it for the title shot, which is much better.

Then why not beat the James Gang instead? It makes more sense to beat a team who aren't heading into a tag title shot than a team that are. At least give the illusion that the team getting a tag title shot aren't losers.

But they ARE losers. They're gonna get beat by LAX...a disappointed Shane Douglas comes in and slaps the Nats around AGAIN...The Nats have had enough and turn on Douglas. It's been building and I thought that would've happened last night but I guess they saved it for the title shot, which is much better.

Then why not have The Naturals win, Shane Douglas gets all jazzed up, tells the Naturals he knew they could do it, and then when The Naturals lose against LAX have their split? I know the Naturals are meant to be losers, but what does it say about the tag titles that confirmed losers are getting a title shot? At least make the challengers, and by proxy the title belts, look strong going into their title match.

Then why not have The Naturals win, Shane Douglas gets all jazzed up, tells the Naturals he knew they could do it, and then when The Naturals lose against LAX have their split? I know the Naturals are meant to be losers, but what does it say about the tag titles that confirmed losers are getting a title shot? At least make the challengers, and by proxy the title belts, look strong going into their title match.

Either way is good but for one I prefer the way TNA is doing it.

Just like the last time The Naturals won a title shot, they start losing subsequent matches cause, unless a pissed off Douglas is on their asses, they just don't have the drive that got them that shot anymore.

Although I see your point, HTQ...I guess it just doesn't bother me how this angle is unfolding. I'm just happy TNA remembered it's continuity that The Nats won a GUARANTEED tag title shot...no matter how many other matches they lose.

Although I see your point, HTQ...I guess it just doesn't bother me how this angle is unfolding. I'm just happy TNA remembered it's continuity that The Nats won a GUARANTEED tag title shot...no matter how many other matches they lose.

Now if only Abyss would get at least 4 title shots.

Now if only Abyss would get at least 4 title shots.

I thought that he used up at least 2 of them fighting Christian Cage.

Or at least one in the King of the Mountain match.

Excited, perhaps? At least, that's the context I thought you were trying to say it in... Seriously, I know Mike Skinner says you guys invented the language... but you sure can butcher the shit out of it, too.

Yeah that would have done. I just didnt realise that you guys didnt use the word "arsed" and "fussed". Damn my bristishness. And your right, we have butched the fuck out of this great language. But the internet hasnt helped, LOL.

As for the Naturals, Ive really enjoyed this Douglas angle and i think a heel turn for them would be great, it would be a great end to the story and would leave Douglas to bring in a new team to take them out. I think TNA have done a great job with this angle.

Agree on the Naturals. They don't interest me one bit as babyfaces. They need to be cocky MNM style heels, because they've got the look for it. The only babyface heat they probably* get is the Hardy-Taking-Off-His-Shirt-Girls-Scream-Now kind.

*I say probably because I haven't actually seen them in a match in quite some time (I keep missing Impact, etc).

As for the Naturals, Ive really enjoyed this Douglas angle and i think a heel turn for them would be great, it would be a great end to the story and would leave Douglas to bring in a new team to take them out. I think TNA have done a great job with this angle.

Or once they turn on him, they start to beat lower teams, and you can throw in a James Gang in there to lose to the Naturals. Then Douglas says he's proud that their intensity is back and he comes back to them. He then says it was all part of his plan to get them back to the winning side. They can stay heel since Douglas can play the heel well.

Mike Johnson says the show was a sellout. Here's what he reported:

The attendance being bounced around internally for the Bound for Glory PPV IS 4,400. The actual number may be a little smaller then that, but the show was a legitimate sellout, which TNA should be extremely proud of given the timing of the World Series taking place simultaneously.

I think wrestling exposed claimed it was around 3,700.

I just finished watching it, overall it was a good show. Personally, i thought the monsters ball match sucked, the 4 way tag seemed rushed and the EY/Zbysko match was always going to suck.

The x divison battle royal was great, i marked out for D-Ray and Shark Boy teaming again, was slightly ruined by Slick being a Dick.

The X title match was fucking great.

The Tag title match was fucking great.

The main event was good. Not great, but good. But my friend who was watching it (who is an old school wrestling fan) thought it was fucking great.

Oh, and the Joe/Angle segment was fucking great.

I've just about finished re-watching the show (I'm up to the ME)and even the second time, I really enjoyed it. The tag match was short, but fun, the Monster's Ball wasn't as good as last year's, but better than the one at Victory Road in 2004 and last half of the show was suberb. Sabin and Senshi was a great back and forth contest and Rhino and Christian had an intense brawl that played into their existing storyline. The cage match wasn't as good as the AMW/XXX one from 2004, but it was a well-worked match. And the main event wasn't spectacular, but it felt like a big deal.

Yeah thats true, althought it wasnt the most physical or entertaining match, it felt like it was the biggest match of the year. And the crowds reaction to Sting no-selling the guitar shot was superb.

I'm making my way through the PPV now, and it's great fun. Senshi/Sabin especially. Incredible match with great heat. My favorite spot was probably the Sabin top rope hurracanrana reversed into a sunset flip/leaping double stomp. So good.

Like most, I thought the ppv was pretty strong and overall a great one. From top to bottom it's easily in the top 5 of their best ppvs ever, and undoubtably their most significant so far.

One thing that stood out to me more than anything was how good it was to see them out of Orlando finally. It gave a breath of fresh air into the product and workers for me. The production was still very strong, the set looked great, and needless to say they need to really think about doing all, if not most, of the ppvs out of Orlando. Have they officially announced Genesis is going to be there? If so, that damn stupidity to not go with that ppv somewhere else, Pittsburgh perhaps, just because Angle/Joe is a ticket seller.

Yes, Genesis is in Orlando.

Fuckin TNA - they could use the Philly house show as a strong ticket seller for Genesis in Pittsburgh the next week.

Fuckin TNA - they could use the Philly house show as a strong ticket seller for Genesis in Pittsburgh the next week.

I doubt they'd run a PPV in a market they've never run before, even if the ME is Angle and Joe. They'd wanna be sure they could draw a respectable crowd without having to paper it, because of the cost involved with setting up the arena and all that. I doubt if they hadn't draw 3,700 people in Detroit in March they'd have run BFG there. The problem with this is, of course, is that the next best gate they did was Philly and they can't very well run a PPV from the ECW Arena. It'll be interesting to see what they do in Mexico in a few weeks though. i think that could be a test for a future PPV prominently featuring LAX. LockDown maybe?

I heard the show at VCU was a ppv test run and they only drew a 1000 in arena that can hold up to 6000 people?

I remember reading that too, so i'm pretty sure we won't be seeing any PPVs from Richmond any time soon.