TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

Super Duper Major Announcement at No Surrender

Russo is a mixed bag. The good is that he pushes new faces and gives everyone on the card something to do; he'll start pushing guys like Joe, Abyss, and Homicide to the top. The bad stuff about Russo is that he overbooks everything, hates clean finishes, uses cliched shock tactics, and pushes himself as an on-air character. Okay, there's a few more bad things than good... But even with his good qualities, Russo can't help TNA. Nothing short of a complete overhaul can do that.

At this point, I don't think Russo is really going to hurt anything. The booking has sucked very hard with Jarrett being the only one who really has a strong push. Add that to a compete lack of focus and follow-through with the storylines, and I don't think adding Vince Russo to the mix is going to ruin anything. TNA will remain very shitty with small glimmers of hope, only now with Vince Russo on board.

Again, wow. Unlike many (most) I have always been a fan of Russo. I was just last week criticizing TNA’s writing, this can do nothing but help. I’d say at this point I’m cautiously optimistic. Though, I really want another hour of TNA.

I have no idea what to make of this. I don't want to say it'll be horrible and something tells me it won't be great either. Russo's booked a lot of bad, but he could do some good when it comes to the X-division lower midcarders who have ill defined characters. But then there's the whole "his storyline make no sense". I dunno, I'll just sit back and see what happens.

The McMahons are probably laughing their asses off right now.

When did Russo's WWF run end? '99 or 2000?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Making the best of a bad situation, they should have Cornette act pissed the whole PPV, about this "new guy" coming in that he "hates". Only for for Cornette and Russo to join together, and make Abyss their main man. Cornette, Russo, and Mitchell could be like a nWo group, only for managers, with making Abyss World Champion their main goal. They could use Zybysko as their lackey, too. And they should hate Jarrett. I'm just being optimistic, I was hoping for that 2 hour deal on Mondays.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

I'm sorry, but what the hell are they going to announce on the PPV? Are they actually going to say "Vince Russo is joining us as a writer"?

I'm sorry, but what the hell are they going to announce on the PPV? Are they actually going to say "Vince Russo is joining us as a writer"?

That tells me he's gonna work himself into storylines as the cocky asshole new yorker again. Which was never any good.

God this can't be happening. It's no so much that Russo is being put in charge of booking--it's that, apparently, D'Amore and Tenay have been REMOVED from the booking team. That means for the most part, it's Russo and his bum-buddy Jarrett booking the whole damn show. It'll be like 2000ish WCW all over again. My faith in TNA is going down the shitter :throwup:

That tells me he's gonna work himself into storylines as the cocky asshole new yorker again. Which was never any good.

Russo in WCW was a better on-screen character than Vince McMahon has ever been.

Russo in WCW was a better on-screen character than Vince McMahon has ever been.

I'm not Vince McMahon's biggest fan, but McMahon on-screen is worlds better than Russo ever was. He could at least get somebody over and would try to. Russo was only ever interested in trying to get himself over.

What a fucking letdown. Unless this is a swerve to legitimately surprise people with the two hour Monday night timeslot, this is nothing but a downer.

Worst thing is that I feel this is at the expense of a political pull by Jarrett to keep himself in the game, but I could be completely wrong. And Russo will definately keep pushing the guy, there is no doubt.

Has Vince Russo booked since he became a huge Christian?

Didn't he have his own "christian" fed? Ring of Glory?

Yes, and it lasted one show which few people liked.

The name of his (thankfully) short lived promotion, shows just how creative he is these days.

There are the usual suspects around here that still buy into Russo's spin and honestly believed that he was the driving force during the attitude era.

Someone made reference to Russo making more money in a year then Cornette did. Russo, didn't make that money. Besides, in that regard Chris Kreski made more money then Russo did in 7 months then Russo ever has.

Russo is a horrible character and personality in that he drives people away. He's an obsessed mark for himself. His creative ability is severely limited to anything other complete trash and he has no ability to book long-term.

There were probably 15-20 guys at least around the wrestling business that would serve better then Russo. I don't even count Cornette in that because I don't think his vision as a booker can adapt to the modern age.

Raven, has proven over the years to be a brilliant booker and mind. He was principle reason for ECW and ROH to have their first big storyline driven angles and they both succeeded in making money and putting other people over. He was so good at what he does, that Vince wanted him to write. Raven, is in the twilight of his career and since they fucked the Jarrett storyline up beyond repair, it was only appros for him to do a retirement program with a new star like Shelley and give him a big rub and let Raven use his creative juices.

That's just one option with greater potential that TNA has and it was in-house. Russo, is tight with Borash and Borash is Jarrett's manservant. Dixie, blindly buys everything Jarrett says and pays attention to skewed facts like Russo's involvment in the WWF attitude era and goes along with the move.

TNA could have been a true alternative but when you present a product designed half around aborted WCW storylines and characters and ROH storylines/characters that were done much more effectively already that those two target demos don't feel the need for a washed down version of it.

-Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell are both booked for the Monday television tapings.

This deal was done by Jeff Jarrett, and is likely unrelated to Vince Russo coming in. Neither Luger nor Bagwell knew anything about Russo coming in, and did not know what their role would be or if it would be a recurring role.

Spike and TNA are close on a new deal for a better time slot.

From Meltzer.

If the deal for the better timeslot isn't done, then TNA better hope it gets done before Sunday or the big announcement really will be Russo.

Russo returning to TNA is not going to re-write history guys. There's gotta be something more. I can see it being both (with the two hour monday timeslot).

From being quite excited about Monday nights, to utterly deflated about Russo I'm now more... well just interested rather than any thing anything emotional.

Two hours at all one would hope would be better in terms of them being able to focus more on what's going on. The worst thing about Impact is how quickly the attention changes so there's no chance to take in what you've just saw.

But of course, Russo is Russo and not really who I would want as the head writer, frankly.

And Luger and Buff won't draw a single fucking person outside of their own families.

I don't even think it makes sense to announce a new TV slot on PPV. Shouldn't that be done on, oh say, TV? If the thing for the PPV isn't a new guy coming in, or something like that, I'll be let down.