TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO No Surrender PPV Thread - September/24th/2006.

top.gif

Card and predictions:

NWA World Tag Team Titles, Ultimate X Match

The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan) .VS. "The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles & "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels.

Winners: The LAX.

Non-Title, "Fan's Revenge" Lumberjack Match

NWA World Heavyweight Champion, "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett .VS. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe.

Winner: Samoa Joe.

Singles Match

Christian Cage .VS. "The War Machine" Rhino.

Winner: Christian Cage.

3-Way No DQ Match

Raven .VS. "The Monster" Abyss (with James Mitchell) .VS. Brother Runt.

Winner: Abyss.

TNA X-Division Title Match

Senshi .VS. Chris Sabin.

Winner: Chris Sabin.

No.1 Contender's Triple Chance Tag Team Battle Royal

America's Most Wanted .VS. The James Gang .VS. The Naturals .VS. The Paparazzi .VS. Matt Bentley & Frankie Kazarian .VS. The Diamonds In The Rough .VS. Ron "The Truth" Killings & Lance Hoyt .VS. Shark Boy & Norman Smiley.

Winners: Ron "The Truth" Killings & Lance Hoyt.

Singles Match

Petey Williams .VS. Jay Lethal.

Winner: Petey Williams.

Singles Match

Eric Young .VS. A1.

Winner: Eric Young.

Guest Connzilla
top.gif

Triple Chance Tag Team Battle Royal

America's Most Wanted .VS. The James Gang .VS. The Naturals .VS. The Paparazzi .VS. Matt Bentley & Frankie Kazarian .VS. The Diamonds In The Rough .VS. Ron "The Truth" Killings & Lance Hoyt .VS. Shark Boy & Norman Smiley.

I am predicting that Bagwell & Luger will take out Shark Boy & Norman Smiley Backstage and take thier spot in the battle royal. And then Luger & Bagwell will have a match agiasnt Sharkboy & Norman smiley on monday at the tapings.

The card looks so good, but I have no idea if I even want to order it now since I know who the head bookers are.

Styles/Daniels

Joe

Cage

Runt

Sabin

Naturals

Lethal

Young

I have no use for this card except for joe/jarrett and LAX/Staniels.

-The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan) vs "The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles & "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

I think that LAX is going to retain here. The only questin that I have is what is going to happen with the team of Styles/Daniels if they do lose? Are they going break up and move back into the X-Divsion? Do they get a push in the main event picture? Do they contine to battle in the Tag-Team division?

Winners: LAX

-NWA World Heavyweight Champion, "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett vs "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe

I have a feeling this is where the streak comes to an end. As we all know Jarrett likes to be the one in TNA to get things done. He was the first King of the Mountain, so why not be the first to end the streak. It gets the fans to hate him even more and have more people tune out of Impact! I think that Bagwell and Luger are going to come out during this match and help Jarrett take out Joe. This will lead to Joe/Rhino vs Luger/Bagwell at Bound for Glory.

Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Singles Match

-Christian Cage vs "The War Machine" Rhino

I think that Cage is going to win here with the help of Steiner. Jarrett's group is starting to grow and the members will be Cage/Steiner/Luger/Bagwell.

Winner: Christian Cage

3-Way No DQ Match

-Raven vs "The Monster" Abyss (with James Mitchell) vs Brother Runt

I have a feeling that Abyss is going to pull out the win here. No other reason besides the fact that he is getting the push out of the three of these guys

Winner: Abyss

-Senshi vs Chris Sabin

Part of me thinks that Senshi is going to retain, but it seems like they are pushing Sabin right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Senshi win, but I am going with Sabin here.

Winner: Chris Sabin

Triple Chance Tag Team Battle Royal

-America's Most Wanted vs The James Gang vs The Naturals vs The Paparazzi vs Matt Bentley & Frankie Kazarian vs The Diamonds In The Rough vs Ron "The Truth" Killings & Lance Hoyt vs Shark Boy & Norman Smiley

This is put together to make people think that The Naturals are going to be dropped by Shane Douglas. I think this match is more about putting the final touches on the break-up of America's Most Wanted. They will be eliminated and break-up setting up Harris vs Storm at Bound for Glory. I think The Naturals will be able to pull out the victory here setting up LAX vs The Naturals at BFG.

Winners: The Naturals

When someone gets eliminated they stay at ringside to see if their partner can make it to the final two. When it comes down to the final two, the final two are re-joined by their partners, and it becomes a regular 2 .VS. 2 tag team match. Winners are the No.1 Contenders.

I think the show looks pretty strong...which is amazing considering they are only promoting BFG.

Joe/JJ will be good. LAX/AJ&Daniels will be really good. I think Christian/Rhino will be really good as well.

It's important to remember that this show will (likely) be used to build to BFG.

LAX retains....so that Styles and Daniels can finally get the upper hand next month. Christian beats Rhino to set up an emotional victory for Rhino in his hometown. And...Joe kills JJ. Because...if nothing else...the news of Russo taking over...he'd be crucified if JJ ended that streak.

I think Jarrett should win that match. I'm too drunk to go into that now...but I swear it made sense to me when I was sober.

Guest Connzilla

The LAX (Homicide & Hernandez, with Konnan) .VS. "The Phenomenal One" AJ Styles & "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels.

Winners: The LAX.

NWA World Heavyweight Champion, "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett .VS. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe.

Winner: Samoa Joe.

Singles Match

Christian Cage .VS. "The War Machine" Rhino.

Winner: Christian Cage.

3-Way No DQ Match

Raven .VS. "The Monster" Abyss (with James Mitchell) .VS. Brother Runt.

Winner: Raven

Senshi .VS. Chris Sabin.

Winner: Senshi

No.1 Contender's Triple Chance Tag Team Battle Royal

Winners: Naturals

Singles Match

Petey Williams .VS. Jay Lethal.

Winner: Petey Williams.

Singles Match

Eric Young .VS. A1.

Winner: Eric Young.

The card looks so good, but I have no idea if I even want to order it now since I know who the head bookers are.

I don't want to pick on you personally but this quote is scary because now fans make their decisions based on the bookers. 10 years ago, nothing like this would even be a consideration.

I don't want to pick on you personally but this quote is scary because now fans make their decisions based on the bookers. 10 years ago, nothing like this would even be a consideration.

I'm sorry but I really don't like Vince Russo's booking.

Seeing how Russo is booking this entire show, it's gonna be a pretty good barometer of how his run as Head Booker is gonna go. I would buy this PPV if I had money and digital cable. That way I could look back at TNA's turning point, for better or worse.

Heh, if Joe jobs, it'd be kinda funny if everyone in the arena started chanting "Fuck you, Russo", then left before the end of the show.

Alrighty, I went ahead and just bought the PPV. I'm hoping the show turns out decent.

All the build up for his new manager and he is working the pre-show?

Gotta remember D'more isnt booking any more. It will be interesting how they handle Roode from here.

Guest Connzilla

I have a crazy out there not likely in the least bit prediction of Eric Bischoff debuting(but not the major announcement) as Bobby Roodes manager and they will put it on the preshow so people who have not ordered the PPV will order it to see what will happen next.

I'd be happy with any of the three people Roode has "interviewed" thus far, with preference lying in the exact order they were interviewed in.

That being said...

Hey, why wouldn't Roode announcing his selection be the big announcement? It's just enough of a "You call that a big announcement?" to be plausible.

I'd love to order the show, as the Ultimate X looks spectacular, Joe's promo sold me on Joe/Jarrett, Rhino/Cage shouldn't be too bad, Raven/Abyss/Runt should be my kind of bloody brawl, and Senshi/Sabin has the possibility to be the biggest sleeper X-Division title match yet. Unfortunately I'm broke :(

Guest Connzilla

Credit- http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=850

OFFICIAL TNA "NO SURRENDER" PAY-PER-VIEW RESULTS

Sunday, September 24, 2006 - Orlando, FL

By: Marcus Cygy

Quick Results:

- Jeremy Borash and Christy Hemme have opened the 30-Minute Preshow and are now running down tonights card for the Pay-Per-View.

- Fans were given the chance outside the iMPACT! Zone to test their strengths for tonight's Fan's Revenge Match.

- Bobby Roode defeated Bob Doring, in the Preshow.

- The paid portion of the Pay-Per-View has begun.

- Eric Young defeated A1. Eric had numerous fans join him ringside prior to the match with a gather of chants saying, "Don't fire Eric!" - obviously a ploy to prevent his potential firing tonight.

- Jim Cornette stated that TNA is "going straight to the top" tonight when a wrestler not even scheduled for tonight's event will be making the groundbreaking announcement!

Hopefully this will be a good opener. Love the interaction with Eric, he is gold. "Fire A1" chant is good. They should really push him harder.

The Eric Young "Don't Fire Eric" gimmick is gold. It has the crowd eating it up.

The only thing I want to know is, is he heel of face. One minute is the "Don't Fire Eric" gimmic and then the next he is JJ's lackey. I don't like that they are doing that.