TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Dexter

I knew Lila and Doakes were going, but I was kind of hoping for Doakes to make it, or for his death to be mysterious in the fact that they never found his body. You know just incase they came up with a comeback later on in the show, but I have to say the season had a slowspot at the around episode 2-3, but it's picked up big time. That was one hell of a season finale.

This whole season has been so tense that the tidy conclusion seemed pretty fitting, and most importantly, Dexter the character was heavily explored and developed even further while oddly leaving him where he began. I don't think I enjoyed this season as much as the first, but it was far more suspenseful and fluid.

Rest in pieces, Doakes.

Damn, I wanted to see Doakes pull through and have some kind of understanding with Dex, but I guess it couldn't happen, but damn, I didn't think he'd die in the first couple minutes of the episode.

I wasn't digging too much Lila stuff this season, but whatever, it worked.

Shame that the last two Dexter books sucked, I'm glad the TV series took a little from the book and ran with it.

Dexter, Brotherhood, The Tudors, Weeds... Showtime > HBO

I think I liked this season more than the first one, but I think I'm going to go back and watch season 1 again.

Lila was annoying, but 'pardon my tits' was a funny line.

I thought it was pretty good, and I was definetely happy that Lila took care of Doakes from the logistical standpoint of "no way in hell Dex can beat the feds out there".

I am not sure that Dexter character has evolved that much. Harry's code may be flawed, but I don't think Dexter will kill nuns and children in Season 3.

Anybody think LaGuerta is going to start looking for answers?

I could definitely see La Guerta picking up where Doakes left off, maybe discovering that Dexter was the murderer toward the end of season 3.

I'm late to the party but I finished watching both seasons. I’m not so sure that I am captivated by any other television show right now as I am for Dexter. I can’t say it’s a perfect show but its damn close. I really enjoyed Michael C. Hall in Six Feet Under but his portrayal of Dexter Morgan is riveting and brilliant as any television character has ever been. The supporting cast also plays such a crucial role to the quality of this show. The tension and build for the final stretch of episodes in the previous season was spine-tingling. I really wanted to see Doakes survive, just like everyone else here but it couldn’t happen. The exploration into Dexter’s mind and the measured precautions and reasoning for his actions blew me away with each passing episode. I’m not quite sure I can finger a “weak” episode. They all flowed so perfectly with very, very few hiccups. I’m very excited for Season 3.

Im probably gonna watch the sterilized episodes on CBS when they start in 2 weeks. I remember watching the first two eps of season 1 on Showtime and thats where CBS is starting off.

I could just easily rent them on DVD but Im lazy.

Well, that will make it work with the commercial breaks at least....

Just watched the Season 2 finale. Thought that the Season picked up a lot of steam halfway through and really took off.

The one open point that could potentially come back was what Lila did with Dexter's tools. I thought it was a good scene where she realized that he was planning on killing her that night, but then they never showed her disposing of the tools.

What did you guys think of the cbs episode this weekend. I thought it came off pretty well, and my girlfriend who had never seen the show didn't think the editing seemd out of place at all.

The violence wasn't really a big issue for Dexter as it was for language and content. You see more horrific images on CSI and Criminal Minds then Dexter typically showed.

The violence wasn't really a big issue for Dexter as it was for language and content. You see more horrific images on CSI and Criminal Minds then Dexter typically showed.

I thought the same thing. Haven't watched a bunch of CSI, and surely there's a more ominous feel with Dexter, but thats just part of the appeal IMO. Girlfriend (and some other friends who didnt have showtime) already looking forward to the next episode.

I have. It was fairly typical for a Dexter season premiere, kind of follows the pattern set in previous seasons.

What with the fakeout intro and the twist at the end. I'm not very impressed by Pregnant Rita, but I'm willing to give the show a chance and see what they do with it. Also, I'm pretty sure Deb is going lesbo with that Asian chick.

Yeah. Kinda interesting. They so far haven't gone with the type of massive plot developments which tossed Dexter's life around like the Ice Truck Killer or Bay Harbor Butcher stuff they immediately threw at us in the first two seasons' premieres. Not to say there aren't any new "oh shit" moments making Dex's life more complicated, of course there are, but it's not the same type of "his secret has been discovered!" kind of stuff like before. It's more kind of stuff which might cause an internal change in Dexter's personality, how he sees the world and his place in it. Jimmy Smitts of all people has a nice supporting role. And inevitably the homicide detective crew is back to squabbling with each other again. And if you watch the episode, see if you agree with me that Julie Benz must've absolutely demanded that no matter how many sex scenes she has, they're not allowed to actually show her naked. Overall, nothing blowaway, but is promising in some ways.