TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

Guest Vitamin X

Erm...... I don't think I want to see this episode..

Not that I have anything against musicals, but both previews of it have just really not been funny in the slightest.

MY FRIEND WITH MONEY

9pm 2007-01-11 ALL NEW!

ELLIOT BECOMES J.D.'S SUGAR MAMA - Elliot enjoys pimping out the apartment with the extra money from her new private practice gig and J.D. is enjoying the spoils, but when his jealousy surfaces he loses his new 60-inch plasma TV privileges. Elsewhere, Dr. Cox, in an attempt to hide from Jordan, bunks with the Janitor in one of the hospital's luxury suits - but the happy roommates soon turn on one another and their rivalry escalates until only Dr. Kelso can save them. Meanwhile, Carla is still struggling to admit that she may have postpartum depression and Turk encourages her to seek help.

I love Janitor/Cox interaction, so I'm looking forward to this.

I've noticed there hasn't been a lot of Cox/JD interaction much these past few episodes. Other than Cox pointing out how a female successfully reproduced with another female (after hearing that Kim was pregnant with JD's kid) and the House moment last week I can't recall anything else between them. Quite the contrast to the earlier seasons.

Yeah, and assuming this is the last season, they'll have to end with Cox giving J.D. a hug or admitting he was his mentor/proud of him for the feel goodery.

I'm curious as to who's going to die. Bill said it wasn't one of the main characters, but someone who's been on the show for all six seasons. That leaves, who, Todd, Doug, Ted, Nurse Roberts, and Jordan. The last two are the only two that make sense if they're going for drama. Unless they want a comedic moment where Ted finally gets the death he's always wanted. Still sounds weird either way.

I agree. The only thing close to being funny in that song was the "I got shot!" bit, and who didn't see that (well, something like that) coming a mile away?

I'm curious as to who's going to die. Bill said it wasn't one of the main characters, but someone who's been on the show for all six seasons. That leaves, who, Todd, Doug, Ted, Nurse Roberts, and Jordan. The last two are the only two that make sense if they're going for drama. Unless they want a comedic moment where Ted finally gets the death he's always wanted. Still sounds weird either way.

When did he say this?

Boon: http://www.tmz.com/2006/10/28/scrubs-nbcs-savior/

TMZ: Anything else you can tell us about this season?

BL: There's going to be a character on the show, not one of our main ones, but someone who dies who has been on the show for six years.

And there's another interview I can't find right now where he says something along the lines of "I haven't told the person yet, would you mind telling him or her for me?" which leads me to believe it's someone who in character is a hard-ass, like Nurse Roberts or Jordan. Or Jordan because Christa Miller is his wife and he wouldn't want to tell her.

Is anybody else getting sick of all the gay stuff JD does? I mean, he's in love with his pregnant girlfriend, but he's taking pictures of naked Keith in a gas station...

I'm used to it by now.

Tonight's episode wasn't especially great, but I did love

"There's only one way to settle this."

"We both ingest these cyanide tablets."

"Yes. Wait, what?"

"Mine was a skittle."

And Todd's "I can't see the nipple!"

I thought it was an okay episode, but they shot between comedy and serious things with Carla a little to abruptly for my liking. I know that the show mixes those two things, but usually there is a smoother transition, or they go from one to the other. Last night it jumped back and forth too much to really get either right.

I'm still not sure how much I'm going to enjoy the musical tonight. I'm hoping the shit song isn't totally indicative of the other songs that will be in, but for some reason I doubt that.

Mr. Braff:

The Scrubs Musical:

I am not bullshitting you when I tell you this might be the best ½ hour of television you will see this year. I know it's weird for me to say that, since I'm in it, but I am just one part of it. The music, the dancing, the comedy writing, the emotion and drama at the end.. it's really good. Please watch TONIGHT: Thursday, January 18th at 9pm eastern/pacific. Call the neighbors, call your lover, put the dog on your lap, grab some chips, put the Jenga game on hold and enjoy.

He also said this:

Scrubs Coming Back?

Not sure yet. I would do another year if all the right pieces fall into place. For example: Bill Lawrence staying on as the creator/head writer, some scheduling tweaks, etc.. We will know more in the next month.

Every preview I've seen makes it look terrible. Unless they're holding out on us, I'm not going to be impressed, and it certainly won't be the best half hour of television I will see this year.

I re-he-heally don't think that's a problem, Katie.

The thing is, what else could they possibly do in a seventh season without repeating scenarios or really stretching things? Season six sees all the characters being as "grown up" as they're probably going to be without losing interest.

And if you gauge seasons based on Turk/Carla's relationship:

Season 1: start dating/fall in love

Season 2: get engaged

Season 3: get married

Season 4: first-year marriage problems

Season 5: have a baby

Season 6: deal with parenthood

Then where? And I fucking hate babies as characters. Jack has managed to have a few funny lines, but usually not. And pretty much every relationship between the characters has been exhausted, so it'd be best to end it unless they come up with something new and refreshing.

Guest Vitamin X
Okay, this is really cool: a full-length table read of My Coffee.

One thing that stood out the most, though. Johnny C.'s hair. What IS that? Does that mean he wears a piece on the show or what? He looks 80% bald.

Oh my GOD! Apparently he does. And he doesn't read his lines all that well in that situation, though I do remember he once said that his secret to his acting is to know his lines forwards and backwards, utterly and thoroughly, before he has to perform so he can have more room for creativity in his acting. He stuttered and repeats his lines in the reading. Just strange to see a guy who normally spits out his lines so easily and so well have trouble with them there.

Turk and Carla's song kicked ass.

It was better than I thought it would be. Could've done w/o the poo song, but all in all, I liked it.

It wasn't great, but it was no pile of suck that was That 70s Show's musical episode.

It definitely seems like they are writing this as the last season. I almost just want them to wrap it up this year and not even try to do another season.