TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

Are they planning on going forward next year featuring the new interns and not the main cast? It seems like they're really building up the new characters a ton.

"My ABCs" seemed to me like it was supposed to air as the season premiere but had some clumsy ADR to place it later in the season (both times by Elliot). Maybe that's just me though.

Agreed! The transition from "Denise speaks like normal girl" to "Denise is insensitive and speaks with a kinda low voice" occurred during this episode, when she had already been behaving in an insensitive manner from the beginning of the season.

Yeah, it's weird. While the episode that did air first had signs that it was actually intended to be first (J.D. pointing at the ABC bug and declaring 'that's new', the Neilsen family bit at the end), this seemed to introduce the interns (with the "premiere" episode also introducing them... odd), introduced the reason for Elliot and Katie having that talk a few episodes ago (which I believe was one of the ADR lines - a shot where you couldn't see Elliot's face but heard her say "now that Katie not a jerk..." - the other line being a similar 'don't see her actually speak it' line about her and J.D. being together but it being a secret, which was completely invalidated by it not being a secret in the next episode).

Yeah, those lines definitely seemed to just be tossed in to cover up for the character changes. The episode read like an intro to the interns when it kind of ignored the development they had already had (Kellie "not being a jerk" anymore while being a jerk; Denise putting on the show for JD at the start and then him being surprised by her true self). They mocked JD's beard a couple of times like it was new when its been there for 4 episodes. JD explains why Kelso was hanging around even though we've established that already even in its own sub plot. And the "ABCs" title certainly seems like it fits.

My guess is not only did they add those Elliot lines to make this episode fit but they pulled that scene where JD points to the ABC watermark out and moved it to the new premiere. Going back and watching it its a stand alone scene that can easily be plugged in anywhere but fits only as the first scene of the season.

The whole thing seems to flow better in E5, E1, E2, E3, E4, E6 order. They cut down the time between Courtney Cox's firing and Dr. Cox's hiring, JD and Elliot getting together is followed by them getting back into the relationship groove, and the interns all develop much more naturally. The only things that end up looking out of place are the two off camera Elliot lines and the watermark joke, both which seem added in.

Probably just a case of them deciding the Courtney Cox episodes were a stronger start and adjusting.

Well, when you're coming back firing with special guest stars, the question should be who's bigger- Sesame Street or Courtney Cox? I would've gone Street.

I have an unreasonable love for Muppets for an adult but I was pretty iffy on the Sesame Street theme. I probably would have gone with Cox as the safer bet. At least until I heard Elmo say "What, she your woman?"

Just watched these last night- I thought there'd be a bit more build to the Cox/JD evolution. Glad to see at least a reference to Hooch on the list. Hooch is crazy!

I love this season so far, but having main characters missing for whole episodes is kind of frustrating. Also we need more Turk/Carla interaction.

Honestly I didn't find Gooch to be that pretty. She was oddly cute in a way, but that's about it.

I love this season so far, but having main characters missing for whole episodes is kind of frustrating. Also we need more Turk/Carla interaction.

I could happily go without Carla/Turk scenes. In fact I'd rather they hadn't paired Turk up with her at all.

Anyway, I liked that episode, if only for the Janitor/JD on/off team up, and "licked by Janitor" :D

Gooch is crazy.

Beyond her being quite hot, I'm really liking Jo. She seems more developed than any other new character in the past couple of years. I can almost see another season working with the interaction between her and Sunny Day. Almost.

I like Jo a lot too. Interesting character, and not too crazy far out there.

Also, I see ABC couldn't resist moving Scrubs time. Some things never change.

Wasn't the order only for 18 episodes? They've already burned through 10- I can't see the logic behind a time change with only a handful of episodes left.

The Interns webisodes have a couple of chuckles, including the return of Legal Custodians.

Doesn't that make them the lead-in for LOST? That may be a good thing. And Jo is definitely a great character.

"I keep thinking he's going to roll over and crush me. Oh God, I just turned myself on."

EDIT: I'm watching "My Comedy Show" again right now. Is Jimmy, The Overly Touchy Orderly a different actor than before or am I seeing things?

Kelso made me laugh a lot last night.

"I like her...she's got girl balls"

(Elliot says something about that being the chair J.D. sat in the 3rd time they kissed)

"Oh, how romantic...I'll try to stop drilling farts into it."