TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Scrubs

I'm a big Scrubs supporter, but I'm wondering how much life the show has left... Lawrence seemed to be well on his way to ending it, and with Braff ready to move on to bigger things, I'm a little hesitant to celebrate.

I thought NBC was bring back all new shows this thursday. I looked ahead on my TV schedule and for thursday night we get an hour of Earl and 3 episodes of "The Office". Where's my new episodes of Scrubs dammit!

The gist of the exchange: Turk points at JD and Elliot and says that he bets they'll be back together in two weeks. Carla responds that some people might not like that and Turk then shrugs.

Pretty good episode tonight. Cox with Sam and The Janitorial were solid.

I'll have a hard time buying the entire hospital rallying around Kelso considering he's evil to every single person there.

Anyone else getting a little bothered with the forward and backward references they've been making this season? They're just not subtle with the "Remember when this happened two weeks ago?" or the "This is going to happen next week" writing. It's a little annoying. Trust the audience to be smart enough to remember what happened and guess what's coming. The only people left watching are the die-hard fans anyway.

I have a question for the Scrubs fans here. I just started watching the show in the middle of last season and I really like it. I was just curious as to how much better (if at all) people think earlier seasons of the show are to these last few?

I still really like the show, but the earlier seasons compared to these last couple are night and day. The earlier seasons were some great television.

Not to say that today's episodes are horrible, because I still enjoy the show, but the earlier episodes are so much better. This current season and last season just has too much goofiness, mainly from JD.

I'm not a big fan of season 4 for some reason. Season 3 is easily my favorite. If I were to rank them this is how I'd rank.

Season 3

Season 2

Season 5

Season 4

Season 6

Season 1

Season 3 just felt different from the rest. I'm not sure how to put it, but it felt bigger than the previous seasons had felt. Maybe it was the whole play out of the JD/Elliot storyline and the Turk/Carla Marriage storyline that made it feel like a really important season. So much happened during that season. Some of the most solid writing on the show took place during it. I still like the show, but sometimes it feels like it's bordering on becoming a self parody. I'm sort of glad this is the last season as I'm not sure it can go much longer without jumping the shark all together.

Really? So that did go through. Well I have a bad feeling about it going another season, but I'll watch. It just feels like it's time for the show to end. I love it, don't get me wrong, but I can tell it's starting to wind down creatively.

It got picked up by ABC.

Not to sound like an jerk, but do you have a link for the news? I haven't seen any announcement yet.

Wasn't Braff demanding some high amounts of cash just to sign on to season 7? Something like $350,000 an episode? I can only imagine what it will cost to get him to do season 8, if he even signs on...

Spoiler previews for the next three episodes:

MY DUMB LUCK

NO MORE KELSO? – Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) gets a visit from one of his recurring patients. This patient is a little different since Dr. Cox cannot seem to diagnose his problem. J.D. (Zach Braff) and Turk (Donald Faison) see this as an opportunity to show up Dr. Cox and set out to find exactly what is hindering him. Meanwhile, after Elliott (Sarah Chalke) spilled the beans on exactly how old Dr. Kelso (Ken Jenkins) really is, she teams up with Carla (Judy Reyes) to try and convince the board to not force him into retirement. Dr. Kelso troubled by the news finds a young doctor and reflects on his time at the hospital. Will Elliott and Carla be able to convince the board to keep Dr. Kelso? Neil Flynn also stars.

MY WASTE OF TIME

THE ART OF COMPROMISE-- Elliott (Sarah Chalke) and J.D. (Zach Braff) seek out a former patient in order to give him compensation for prescribing a medication, which later proves to have several negative side effects. Through this experience, J.D. and Elliot realize there has been a major change in their relationship. Meanwhile, now that Dr. Kelso (Ken Jenkins) is no longer working at the hospital, Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) loves his new title, however, he is unsure if he wants all of the problems that come with it. Elsewhere, Carla (Judy Reyes) approaches Turk (Donald Faison) about the possibility of having another child. Neal Flynn also stars.

MY PRINCESS

A KNIGHT IN SHINING SCRUBS – DR.COX (JOHN C. MCGINLEY) WEAVES A BEDTIME FAIRY TALE FOR HIS SON STARRING THE STAFF OF SACRED HEART – Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) recounts his tough day at the hospital to his son through an imaginative fairy tale. When Princess Eliot’s (Sarah Chalke) handmaiden falls ill at the hands of an unknown monster the Village Idiot (Zach Braff) is summoned to help rescue her, but with the Dark Lord (Ken Jenkins) standing in their way, the duo can’t do it alone. The Giant (Neil Flynn) keeps an eye out for the heroes while the two-headed Turla (Judy Reyes, Donald Faison) lends some magic, but it’s the brave knight in shining armor -- storyteller -- Dr. Cox that lends them the knowledge that may save the day. However, with Dr. Kelso regulating shifts, the staff of Sacred Heart may not have time to figure out how to slay the monster. Will Eliot’s patient live happily ever after?

That last one looks especially fun, reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz parody.

I used to be a die hard Scrubs fan back in like 04/05, I still love the show of course but I think it needs to wind down now. I'm just not sure if they can keep the quality and take it anywhere it hasn't already been or needs to go.

That was a great episode. I was wondering how they were going to get Cox to support Kelso- interesting take. And the intern knowing what Kelso was really all about. Great mix of humor and the emotion was not over the top. This reminded me of some of the great episodes from season 5.

I kept expecting the intern to save a girl from the mistake Kelso made. That seemed like the Scrubs thing to do.

But overall, I really liked the episode. I'll miss Kelso. I always thought he was one of the best written characters on the show.

They're Legal Custodians (get it?)!

Does it bother anyone else that promos for the show air in HD widescreen but the show itself airs in 4:3? Maybe ABC will rectify this for the final season.

Yeah the 4:3 is annoying, Legal Custodians was awesome (especially when it came out like a new NBC show on the bottom of the screen).

"There's Cindy. Show me the new Ted in action!"

"Hey Cindy. I want to....make you...pregnant."