TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Guest Vitamin X
I mean, who the hell is that Raiders safety?

Just someone who you'll know a lot about within 3 seasons.

Suppose that's true, but then that stands to reason more about why he would be included in the NFL's top 50 players overall, regardless of position, now.

And I don't know if you were including Gore in the "quality dropoff" backs, but Gore is already a huge factor in any success that the 49ers will potentially have, and have had already.

No, I didn't include him, as I feel you were right there- Gore is a big reason Alex Smith will have any kind of future success with the Niners, and I dare say in due time the Niners will end up much like the NFC's version of the Chargers if Gore keeps on improving, particularly if Vernon Davis develops the way they expect. I think I was mainly talking about guys like Willie Parker and Chester Taylor, just take a look:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycatego...;conference=NFL

While I mean no disrespect to either Parker or Taylor, they were far from top tier backs up until last season, when it seemed that they were a major part of their teams' limited success. I still can't really think of them as elite backs, either- I think last year was just a really bad season overall for running backs unless you're LaDanian Tomlinson.

Although I've gotta say, I think Maurice Jones is going to really explode next season, too. Go (former) Bruin!

You kinda aren't correct there. He is facing felony charges in the fight that came before the shooting which means that ths shooting won't have anything to do with it. It is probably something like endangerment or inciting a riot, or even assault. But the shooting won't factor in here.

Guest George's Box

The Bears just cut Tank Johnson. Hey, they tried, and he failed. These things happen, I guess.

Guest George's Box

He doesn't. Goodell and Angelo both instructed him to stay out of any sort of trouble with the law, which he failed to do. I think the whole thing where you can get punished without any conviction is stupid, but them's the rules. I think the Bears feel like they got played.

He doesn't. Goodell and Angelo both instructed him to stay out of any sort of trouble with the law, which he failed to do. I think the whole thing where you can get punished without any conviction is stupid, but them's the rules. I think the Bears feel like they got played.

Yeah, I know, but if he wasn't drunk, he just got cut for speeding. Which means Tank will be with the suing someone. I think he will sue the neighborhood for having a 25 MPH speed limit.

Oh and as for the Bears depth at the position, they should have been building it anyway seeing as the guy was going to miss 8 games anyway. They should have just cut him from the jump and used the roster space to find his replacement. No need to hang on to a guy who was basically lost for next season anyway.

Oh and as for the Bears depth at the position, they should have been building it anyway seeing as the guy was going to miss 8 games anyway. They should have just cut him from the jump and used the roster space to find his replacement. No need to hang on to a guy who was basically lost for next season anyway.

If anyone has followed the Bears draft the past few years, they have drafted a boatload of tackles and ends, so they are pretty deep there.

So...how about Jon Kitna spouting off at the mouth about the Lions getting MORE than 10 wins this season? If I'm not mistaken, he said the same thing last year. I guess if you keep saying it, maybe one day it'll come true. I do think Detroit's much improved this year though. If the D steps up, they could go 7-9 and set a record for the Millen era.

I do think the combination of Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams will be unfuckwitable.

But then there is still that pesky o-line and defense.

If they were going to win more than 10, this would be a good year as they have a pretty nice looking schedule.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Sunday, September 9 at Oakland W

Sunday, September 16 MINNESOTA VIKINGS W

Sunday, September 23 at Philadelphia Eagles L

Sunday, September 30 CHICAGO BEARS L

Sunday, October 7 at Washington Redskins W

Sunday, October 14 *** BYE WEEK ***

Sunday, October 21 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS W

Sunday, October 28 at Chicago Bears L

Sunday, November 4 DENVER BRONCOS L

Sunday, November 11 at Arizona Cardinals W

Sunday, November 18 NEW YORK GIANTS L

Thursday, November 22 GREEN BAY PACKERS W

Sunday, December 2 at Minnesota Vikings L

Sunday, December 9 DALLAS COWBOYS L

Sunday, December 16 at San Diego Chargers L

Sunday, December 23 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS W

Sunday, December 30 at Green Bay Packers W

I put my best-case scenario predictions in bold. As in, godly generous, they catch every break kinda best-case-scenario. 8-8. Where's Kitna getting at least another three wins? Splitting the Bears, and beating Dallas and New York?

I am pointing my finger at the Broncos, Giants, early season Eagles, and Cowboys as the "it wouldn't be a longshot" wins.

Not that I think they will win more than 10 games mind you. Just sayin.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The Broncos are my "watch your ass, these guys are going to be really good" team for next season. Bold prediction: They win their division..

Edit-I'll save the prediction thread for later.

Yeah, I know, but if he wasn't drunk, he just got cut for speeding. Which means Tank will be with the suing someone. I think he will sue the neighborhood for having a 25 MPH speed limit.

are they only checking for alcohol in his system? when i saw the espn report they said he was driving "impaired", not "intoxicated", so i assumed they found/were looking for at least a lil' bit of that weed in his blood.

I am pointing my finger at the Broncos, Giants, early season Eagles, and Cowboys as the "it wouldn't be a longshot" wins.

Not that I think they will win more than 10 games mind you. Just sayin.

The Broncos? The team with Champ Bailey and Dre Bly at corner, the same Dre Bly who knows a ton about the Martz offense and Detroit's personnel? The Broncos are going to destroy the Lions. I know, it's early and things can change between now and then. It should actually be a really fun game, seeing Martz try and gameplan around Bly and Bailey. But I still think that's a huge longshot for a Lions.

As long as they have LT and Merriman, the Chargers should still be the team to beat in the West.

Norv Turner would like to try and disprove your theory.

I know Norv Turner is a terrible head coach, but San Diego does need a quarterback-oriented coach to guide Rivers along. Only a complete idiot could screw up the Chargers. We shall see if Norv is such a man.

Guest Vitamin X

It's not just Turner, though. It's that whole San Diego coaching staff. I find it hard to believe, even with LT, Gates, and Merriman, that San Diego will match their record of previous years, especially with a starting QB being in only his second season as a starter. Wade Phillips was a huge benefactor for that defense.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Still, huge coaching changes don't always gel their first year, and I'm expecting Rivers to come down to earth a bit. Cutler is going to have a whole offseason under center, and shouldn't have a rookie dear-in-headlights look this season. A lot of people underestimate Travis Henry, too. Denver is going to be good.

Guest Vitamin X

I think I agree with Agent there. Denver is, after all, only a season removed from an AFC Title Game appearance. I think it's the Chiefs that'll make the drastic plummet this season, especially with LJ holding out and/or broken down from doing that 400+ carry season last year.

Either way, the West should be fun to watch, just for San Diego/Denver rivalry and seeing what Oakland does with the new players and coach and Kansas City... well they're going to be boring, but they will still win around 6-8 games.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

KC is going to be really middling. That division plays the NFC north this year, so they should pick up a win or two there, and they'll beat Oakland twice (probably) and split either Denver or SD, just because that's how that division is. They start the season pretty tough though, going on the road to Houston and Chicago (ouch), as well as Indy on the road, and The Jets the last week of the season.