TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Well, Morency and Herron aren't the worst backs in the world. Both of them looked reaaly good at time last year. Those two in spots with Jackson rotating in should be alright but why they didn't pick someone like Brian Leonard as well is a bit frustrating. It almost seemed like Thompson was intent on not picking any of the 'names' out of fear of having any notorious busts. It's not a terrible strategy but when you pass up on guys that are falling into the 3rd, 4th rounds it's getting kinda lame.

I don't really mind the Herrel pick either. At the time it was a "wtf?" moment but after looking into him he seems like he could be a great DL anchor of the future.

The NFL Network is going to be airing "NFL Classics" the next four Thursday's which will be four original broadcast games. Of course the first game they picked is from just last year but they will show progressively older games as the month goes on and here are the four games on the schedule with a real treat at the end of the month:

May 10th: Chicago at Arizona, 10/16/06

May 17th: Indianapolis at Tampa Bay, 10/6/03

May 24th: Miami at N.Y. Jets, 10/23/00

May 31st: Houston at Buffalo, 1/3/93, AFC Wild Card

From what I can tell this will only be this month they will be airing original "classic" games but like when they showed a handful of original Super Bowl broadcasts in January at least it's a start.

How is Chicago/Arizona a classic? It was a horribly played game by both sides (Chicago overall in the first half, the offense in 2nd half and Arizona overall in the 2nd half) with the only memorable part being the comeback.

Guest Richard McBeef

You answered your own question. In spite of the sloppy execution by all parties involved, it was memorable as hell to watch the Bears come back and win. Screw style points; it was an unforgettable game.

Lets see how big of a deal this ends up being.

Steve McNair was arrested for owning a vehicle used in a drunk driving incident...He was a passenger in the car that was pulled over for speeding and his Brother in Law was the one driving (and the one Im presuming was drunk). McNair wasn't drunk but Tennessee law has the owner of the car arrested..

Guest George's Box

I laughed at the last two posts. Oh, McNair. And I sorta like him, too, insofar as I like any out-of-town football players.

Why should he care? He's going to end up missing them by five feet and getting picked more often than not anyway.

Favre's probably trying to figure out how to pull of a Clemensesque "I wanna play, but just the 8 home games and for a whole shitload of money" deal right now.

Guest George's Box

He's not going to go to the Browns, because he got pissed when someone suggested he help Rodgers out. He'll just stay in Green Bay.

I dunno, but they better do something fast! This is Brett's last year!

No really. It seriously is this time. Totally completely definitely his last year in the league.

Maybe.

Favre: Packers wouldn't pay Moss

Press-Gazette

Veteran quarterback Brett Favre isn’t happy that the Green Bay Packers didn’t trade for Oakland receiver Randy Moss, and he bluntly said so on Saturday.

“It is disappointing,” Favre told Al Jones of the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun Herald during his annual celebrity golf tournament in Tunica, Miss. “It was a done deal and the stories of how we lost him because he didn’t want to restructure his contract were not true.

“He was going to wipe his contract clean and sign for $3 million guaranteed, plus a fourth-round draft pick. That would have been a steal. But we were not willing to guarantee part of that $3 million. I even had (agent) Bus (Cook) call up there and tell them I would give up part of my salary to guarantee that part of the money. Apparently that wasn’t enough, either.”

Favre conceded he knew his comments would raise eyebrows.

“This is a first-class organization that wants to win. I want to win now,” he told Jones.

“I just want to win; maybe I see things the wrong way. I don’t want to ruffle any feathers and I want people to respect me. Sometimes I think it’s hard for them to let Brett go. They might think that we pay him a lot of money, but he still gives us the best chance to win. I’ve never been told that, but there are times when I wonder if I’m the odd man out here and they just don’t know how to tell me."

Favre, 37, knows time in running out on his NFL career.

“Our offense struggled last season. If it were not for our defense, we would not have won eight games. Right now, it’s hard to be optimistic," he told Jones.

"I’m not getting any younger and I think everyone knows that. I don’t have five years to rebuild. No one in Green Bay is saying rebuild, but it’s hard to look at where we are going and say, ‘How can they not be rebuilding?’

“I don’t know if I’ve lost faith, and I think everyone in the organization wants to win. I just don’t know if it includes me. If it’s going to be five years from now, I’m not going to be here. This is 17 years for me and I want to win.”

Guest George's Box

Whatcha gonna do when you get out of jail?

Tank-mug.jpg

I'm gonna have some fun!

I hope Favre ends up in Chicago. Favre would rip it up with the Bears, and they could easily make it back to the Super Bowl.

Now that would be pulling a Clemens

Guest George's Box

But as soon as Favre would throw an interception, the meatballs would say to bench him for Kyle Orton.

He's not going anywhere. He is rightfully annoyed at Thompson's adament refusal to help the offense in any. He offered to take a paycut to sign Randy Moss (who had, in fact, said he would re-structure his contract to play in Green Bay).

Amazingly, Boon becomes a bigger twit with each post he makes.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, Favre isn't going anywhere. Fox Sports and their "anonymous sources" were the only people reporting that he demanded a trade. Favre, Thompson, and McCarthy all denied it afterwards, but mentioned that he was pissed (and rightfully so- he was pissed about the same thing last year, that it feels like they're just building up the team with no consideration that he's at the end of his career and wants to try to make one last run before hanging it up) and now he's cooled down some.

He's not going anywhere. He is rightfully annoyed at Thompson's adament refusal to help the offense in any. He offered to take a paycut to sign Randy Moss (who had, in fact, said he would re-structure his contract to play in Green Bay).

Amazingly, Boon becomes a bigger twit with each post he makes.

I have doubts if Moss is telling the truth.

He DID restructure his contract. The guranteed part was why he didn't go to Green Bay. Favre said he would take a cut to get the gurantee worked out. Thompson, unfortunately, was too busy drawing zoo animals in crayon on his office wall.