TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Comments that don't warrant a thread.

So I was on my computer and all of the sudden the Screen goes into a static type state and the computer goes off. The Power is still on. I unplug it and turn it back on and it beeps 3 times. I unplug it again and leave it for 20 minutes before I plug it back in. I turn it on and it works fine. What's up with that?

I tried to load up skysports.com and I got this message.

Access Denied (policy_denied)

Your system policy has denied access to the requested URL.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Know why?

God I need a new computer. I'm using a mac G4 (15", 1GHz, 256MB, 32MB of memory on the graphics card) and the screen is totally giving out. The technology in here is like 4 years old. I have another screen hooked up, but its quality is less than good. Besides, both of the monitors are sharing the paperweight of a graphics card. Shit runs as slowly as humanly possible. It's a nice computer and i like the lampshade monitor design, but I need to upgrade. I'm doing heavy photoshop/bridge/lightroom workflow and it may be the most frustrating thing ever. I'm looking at the new upgrade of the G5. It's a pretty good deal, and looks really nice. I'm sure that it will run hundreds of times faster than my G4 right now.

So I was on my computer and all of the sudden the Screen goes into a static type state and the computer goes off. The Power is still on. I unplug it and turn it back on and it beeps 3 times. I unplug it again and leave it for 20 minutes before I plug it back in. I turn it on and it works fine. What's up with that?

What's the make and model of your computer? The three beeps have a meaning.

Is there a definitive way of finding out which format of blank disc I need for burning? Mine, for example, is imprinted on the disc tray, but I get a lot of customers who aren't sure which to use, and I'm sure not every tray has it written.

Is there a definitive way of finding out which format of blank disc I need for burning? Mine, for example, is imprinted on the disc tray, but I get a lot of customers who aren't sure which to use, and I'm sure not every tray has it written.

Depends on what you're burning, doesn't it?

You can always use a CD-R in any burner, though.

Good call, I shoulda clarified that. There's usually mild confusion between R and RW amongst my customers, but it's an easy one to explain. I should have explained, in more detail, how many times there's confusion over DVD +/-, which is what I meant.

Good call, I shoulda clarified that. There's usually mild confusion between R and RW amongst my customers, but it's an easy one to explain. I should have explained, in more detail, how many times there's confusion over DVD +/-, which is what I meant.

I hate to do this, but I'm gonna bump this. Anyone have anything to offer?

I hate to do this, but I'm gonna bump this. Anyone have anything to offer?

I don't think there's any way to tell unless you know exactly what type of drive it is. I would usually default to DVD-R on older machines and DVD+R on newer ones. If you're lucky, they've got a hybrid DVD±R (sometimes labelled "super-multi", like mine is), and then you can say they should buy DVD+R because it's more likely to produce an accurate recording.

Alright, so my C drive keeps losing disk space and it's getting worse and worse. I tried to defrag the drive but I'm told that I should have at least 200 MB before I defrag it. I tried to do a system restore but it's suspended. Can anyone help me here?

Quick question, I have a standard tv that's probably about 10-15 years old. I'm wondering since I can't plug my hdmi cable that I ordered with my PS3 if Blu-Ray dvds will still look any better on it since the tv is so old.

If its not a HDTV then you really wont get the effect of the Blu-Rays. Until you get a HDTV then I would hold off on getting Blu-Rays as you aren't going to really see much of a difference.

Guest tonyjaymzretro

Is anyone else impressed with the XO Laptop/One Laptop Per Child? The actual laptop looks pretty good and practical, and I think I'm going to do the get one, give on program.

Anyone else heard about this?

Tivos are coming to Canada....I didn't know the on-screen guide required internet/phone connection, and I certainly didn't realise there was a monthly subscription fee.

Even before reading that, I was going to ask to be sold on what made the Tivo better than any other PVR.

Tivos are coming to Canada....I didn't know the on-screen guide required internet/phone connection, and I certainly didn't realise there was a monthly subscription fee.

Even before reading that, I was going to ask to be sold on what made the Tivo better than any other PVR.

They also can't record HD. That make them useless to me.

They also can't record HD. That make them useless to me.

Ditto. I've lamented about how spoiled HD has made me, but, well....yeah. Way better.

Is anyone else impressed with the XO Laptop/One Laptop Per Child? The actual laptop looks pretty good and practical, and I think I'm going to do the get one, give on program.

Anyone else heard about this?

i saw it, it's pretty neat. But I don't actually want one, i'd have no use for it. But its a nice project and the laptops are kinda cool.

The +/- thing on blank DVD really has nothing to do with today's technology, especially if you bought a computer in the last two years. When DVD burning first came out, some drives can only use plus or minus. That was a main reason. There's another reason if a person is being real geeky.

Anyways this is the laptop I bought today.

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku....;affixedcode=WW

The +/- thing on blank DVD really has nothing to do with today's technology, especially if you bought a computer in the last two years. When DVD burning first came out, some drives can only use plus or minus. That was a main reason. There's another reason if a person is being real geeky.

Anyways this is the laptop I bought today.

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku....;affixedcode=WW

Enter canadian postal code.

Toshiba Satellite A2OO-TJ9 Series.

Features:

1.5GHz Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo T5250

2GB DDR2 SDRAM

200GB Hard Drive

HD DVD-ROM / Super-Multi Drive

15.4" WXGA TFT LCD

ATI Radeon HD2400, 128MB video RAM

Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n LAN

Bluetooth

Integrated Webcam

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Bilingual

Weight: 5.98 lb.

Toshiba Satellite A2OO-TJ9 Series.

Features:

1.5GHz Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo T5250

2GB DDR2 SDRAM

200GB Hard Drive

HD DVD-ROM / Super-Multi Drive

15.4" WXGA TFT LCD

ATI Radeon HD2400, 128MB video RAM

Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n LAN

Bluetooth

Integrated Webcam

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Bilingual

Weight: 5.98 lb.

Not bad, coulda used a better graphics card, but good overall.

How much did you get it for?

I'm getting a laser printer during the holiday and I want to wirelessly network it to my laptop, any suggestions?

How much printing are you going to do? If you aren't printing more than 30 pages a week on average i'd say its a waste of money. However I don't thinkthere are wireless laser printers out on the market yet. (Avoid HP and Lexmark)