TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I can't wait. I've already re-read the first six books and reserved Deathly Hallows. I'll be there at midnight with the other losers.

I have a feeling I'm not going to have enough time to reread all 6 before DH comes out, but I read all of SS in the past two days and I plan to start CoS tonight. If I don't finish all 6 by the release of DH, idk what I'm going to do, as I don't want to wait too long to read it at the risk of having it spoiled.

Just avoid everything. Because if someone big dies, you know people will be talking.

It sucks because I HAVE to work the day the book comes out so if anyone comes in a spoils it, I'll be fuckin pissed. And I'll probably get fired from me telling the person off.

Mole, do you work at a bookstore? I do. We already have like 1200-something reserves, and we have all these games and costumes and shit for the first night when we'll probably be open until 1 or 1:30. Last time the store was so packed we could barely move, so a bunch of us just hid behind the info desk all night.

No, I don't. I work at an Ink and Toner store. But I'll be reading the book at work.

And I hope it comes on Friday night and not Saturday because I'll have to leave work to get it at home. I really can't fuckin wait.

I usually read the book over the few days that follow it's release. Never a straight read like I know some people do. My younger brother is the one who buys it so I have to wait until he tires himself out so I can take over.

Best thing to do is to get the book ASAP and shut everything down for the 2-3 days or however long it takes you to read the book. Don't risk going online those days.

Best thing to do is to get the book ASAP and shut everything down for the 2-3 days or however long it takes you to read the book. Don't risk going online those days.

Especially when there are writers online that hate Harry Potter and go out of their way to spoil it in their regular columns/blogs/whatever.

I have that Saturday completely blocked off. The last two books took me about 12 hours each to read, so I shouldn't need much more than that.

The thing is that I HAVE to go to work. I mean, I just sit around half of the time on the weekends. I'll bet any money that it will be one of the busiest days of the year.

Especially when there are writers online that hate Harry Potter and go out of their way to spoil it in their regular columns/blogs/whatever.

I have that Saturday completely blocked off. The last two books took me about 12 hours each to read, so I shouldn't need much more than that.

12 hours to read HBP? I read CoS yesterday in about 4 hours..but then again I'm a pretty fast reader.

Chamber of Secrets is easily 1/3 the size of the latter two books.

I would totally devote the next day to reading the book but I just don't know how or where I'll be getting the darn book...

Yep. Spoilers (aka, "people who spoil") should be placed on a list with folks like rapists and telemarketers as "human beings you can freely beat up without being arrested".

You KNOW there will be those people who are going to purposely drive around bookstores and spoil it. If anyone does that, I will chase them down. I don't care if they beat me up, as long as I get one good shot in.

And I guess a lot of retailers are losing money on the books. They are dropping the prices so low, they'll make about a dollar a book.

It's a risk, but a sensible one. That's $1 more than the store across the street that had higher prices and would've made $2, except the buyer went for the cheaper deal. When you've got a book that's guaranteed to sell out in massive numbers, in this rare case the quantity of books moved is more important than the profit per item sold.

And I guess a lot of retailers are losing money on the books. They are dropping the prices so low, they'll make about a dollar a book.

Why are the prices so low?

I'm worried about spoiling too. With the media coverage and blantant spoiling of the Sopranos finale (esp. in the days of tivo and dvr), I feel like you won't be able to look at ANY media outlet. Even then, people at work and at school (for the kids) are going to be casually talking about it. It's going to be difficult to remain in the dark esp., like someone already mentioned, if someone dies.

Are they not all going to sell out???

BTW I hope if anyone creates any spoiler topics here they get banned or something :angry:

Yes, they will get suspended. Power trip or not, don't ruin one of my favorite things.

I'm pretty sure I'll read the book in one sitting, so I'll just leave the TV off. I'm even afraid to put ESPN on because they even talked about the Sopranos.

Where did everyone pre-order the book? I pre-ordered it from Amazon and they are guaranteeing that it will get here on the 21st.

My local Stop and Shop is having a midnight selling of it. I might pre-order it there because there is no way the line for it is going to be huge.

But if I get it at midnight, I'll read it all night and not fall asleep. And work is going to suck.

Where did everyone pre-order the book? I pre-ordered it from Amazon and they are guaranteeing that it will get here on the 21st.

Same here. Hardcover is only 17 bucks.

I think i'll read the whole thing in one sleep less night.

Not that I would reveal it here or anything but the spoiler of what character dies at the end may now be floating around the Internet. Obviously it isn't confirmed at this point though.

Yeah, that is what I heard. Though Mugglenet says they think they are fake.

My niece texted me about it and wondered if it was safe to go onto the internet.