TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

SWF Storm card for January 10, 2007

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Tom Flesher presents....
SWF
STORM

Live, Wednesday, January 10, from MADISON SQUARE GARDEN in NEW YORK, NEW YORK!
(7pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)
(Send all promos/marked matches to Ace309)

msg_night_lg.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

THE MAIN EVENT – CLUSTERTEASE BATTLE ROYAL
Michael Stephens © vs. Nighthawk vs. Zyon vs. Akira Kaibatsu vs. Michael Cross

-> The Clusterfuck is just around the corner, with the winner of the progressive battle royal winning a shot at the SWF World Champion, whoever he may be, at From the First in late March! This is just a tuneup for Michael Stephens, who's sure to have his sights set on the big one, but the other competitors are all looking to make a name and collect the surprise offered for the win by Commissioner Tom Flesher.
Rules: Standard battle royal – everyone starts in the ring, and you're eliminated when you get thrown over the top rope and both feet touch the floor. The winner will receive a surprise from the good Commissioner.
Word Limit: 7000
Send to: Ace309

NON-TITLE MATCH
"The Beast" Gabriel Drake © vs. the Insane Luchador

-> When we asked who was interested in facing Gabriel Drake, it seemed like no one was willing... except, of course, the Insane Luchador, who's always willing to take on anyone under any circumstances. Can the former Cruiserweight Champion earn a notch in his belt over the reigning World Champion?
Rules: Standard.
Word Limit: 4500
Send to: Chuck Woolery

SINGLES MATCH
Mr. Cold Front Classic JJ Johnson vs. “The Dean of Professional Wrestling” Jay Hawke

-> The last man to receive a midterm title shot takes on the next man to face off with Gabriel Drake on pay-per-vie! It's a striker extraordinaire versus mat wrestler nonpareil on Storm!
Rules: Standard
Word Limit: 5000
Send to: Muzz

CRUISERWEIGHT EXHIBITION
Wildchild vs. Landon “La Cucaracha” Maddix ©

-> Wildchild is the current number-one contender for the Cruiserweight Championship, and he'll collect his shot on the next edition of Storm. Maddix has one-half of the Tag Team Championships, but who's to say he's not interested in throwing his name in for the Cruiser title? Beating the number-one contender sends a message.
Rules: Standard with cruiserweight addenda
Word Limit: 4500
Send to: Chuck Woolery

TAG TEAM CONTEST
Calvin Szechstein and a Mystery Partner vs. The Happiest Man On Earth Alan Clark ©© and Ricky Barbosa

-> I don't know who Calvin Szechstein is or why he's bringing a mystery parter in, but I sure don't like all his endorsement deals.
-> I don't know who Ricky Barbosa is or why he likes Alan Clark so much, but I sure didn't like Pirates of the Caribbean 2.
Rules: Standard. Use the tag ropes.
Word Limit: 6000

SPECIAL ATTRACTION
Ghost Machine 3.0 vs. Matt "Insert Gimmick Here" Myers

-> It's a reboot of Ghost Machine 3.0 (whose form factor bore a striking resemblance to Bruce Blank).
Rules: Standard.
Word Limit: 4000

OPENING MATCH – BOILER ROOM BRAWL
“Mister Swiss” Victor Herzog vs. MANSON

-> Gentlemen, I suggest eyebeams.
Rules: Standard. Lead aprons will be available for spectators.
Word Limit: 4000

Opening Promo: Unclaimed

As always, request a match and find an opponent!
Edited by Ace309
Added descriptions and markers

I'm sure ole Ricky will have stats up soon enough (if he hasn't already...i don't know because i haven't looked at the stats thread)

My apologizes but I'm having some difficulties with my PC which my stats are on, so I'll get those up tomorrow.

Nice card, btw.

:huh:

:: re-reads Dates thread ::

Wait a minute... that's not a typo? EVERY show is Storm now?

Yeah... that's kind of what we came up with, since Storm is the oldest show and it seemed a little odd to change show names. Does this bother anyone?

TNA name every show iMPACT... but then again, if we modelled ourselves after TNA every time someone left the OAOAST in a huff they'd come to us and get massively outsized pushes, holding down the home-grown talent. Also, Jayson Grant would still be around and would be called the King of the Mountain.

So in conclusion... I don't really have a point. Some things never change.

If it's on the same day of the week, changing the name is silly. For the longest time, the WWF had RAW and WCW had Nitro, and they were RAW and Nitro every week, and it wasn't a big deal at all. And TNA calls every show Impact, as has been established. Why change the name if you don't change the date?