TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

Wrestling Society X (WSX)

Damn I was looking forward to New Jack throwing people off the balcony on to tables. Oh well at least I get to see what all the hype about Teddy Hart is now. So is this what every other generic Death Match indy promotion looks like in America?

That was werid. I had no idea XPW was still around. Good to see Kriss Kloss still sucks. Bro.

With that said, the show was 10 times better than TNA.

Am I the only one having trouble finding WSXtra on the web site? How do you watch it - where's the link?

The WSX producers didn't know MTV would air the episode ahead of the scheduled premiere date.

I'm guessing WSXtra content will be available Tuesday night.

What an awesome show, I was entertained all the way which you could hardly say for TNA. WWe isn't even in question.

Airdates - the show will air in Canada on CFTO:

MTV Fri 1/26 11:00 PM

MTV Sun 1/28 12:00 AM

MTV Tue 1/30 10:30 PM

MTV Wed 1/31 1:30 AM

MTV Thu 2/1 12:30 AM

MTV Thu 2/1 9:30 PM

MTV2 Fri 2/2 9:30 PM

MTV Fri 2/2 11:00 PM

MTV Sat 2/3 2:30 PM

MTV Sat 2/3 11:30 PM

MTV2 Sun 2/4 12:00 AM

CFTO Sun 2/4 1:35 AM

MTV Sun 2/4 11:30 PM

MTV2 Mon 2/5 2:30 AM

MTV2 Mon 2/5 11:00 PM

MTV Tue 2/6 3:30 AM

MTV Tue 2/6 10:30 PM

MTV2 Wed 2/7 1:30 AM

MTV Wed 2/7 6:30 PM

Here's an idea! Instead of replaying Wrestling Society X and other MTV shows a billion times throughout the week - why don't they play those music video thingees! I mean, it's music television, right? And then when they do air their "MTV Original Series" in their prime time schedule maybe they will actually pop a rating because people will think that they "HAVE TO WATCH". Oh well. I'm just an old man bitter at MTV.

I liked tonight's show. It's a trainwreck in so many ways but it's designed for people with short attention spans so the action has to be fast paced with a ton of gimmicks and pyro to keep the Jackass/Bam audience interested. Maybe they won't like wrestling but they will like seeing entertaining characters - those online trading card videos were genius - flip around real fast, dive off balconies, get electrocuted and fed to sharks. If WWE or TNA tried this stuff it would just come off as lame but with WSX it fits, I don't know how to explain it. There will be little for purists to latch on to here. No psychology or four star classics but it's a tv show that could find an audience with workers with characters that stand out. They should also air two half hour shows back to back on Tuesdays only - just to dip into ECW's number. Wrestling fans will feel like they are getting an hour of wrestling and MTV gets their important thirty minute mindless fart.

Also, I think Vince and WWE will step in and try to stop their announcers from referring to stuff like DX and WWE/WCW/ECW title runs.

MTV has three networks of non-stop music. At least MTV still is about Music from time to time. VH1 has been all pop culture and nothing more. Yoi can change the purpose of the network. Discovery Channel and others changed the formats, why should MTV be forced to not adapt and change.

I was out tonight, so I missed the first airing but I'm hearing good things and will catch another replay.

MTV has three networks of non-stop music. At least MTV still is about Music from time to time. VH1 has been all pop culture and nothing more. Yoi can change the purpose of the network. Discovery Channel and others changed the formats, why should MTV be forced to not adapt and change.

I was out tonight, so I missed the first airing but I'm hearing good things and will catch another replay.

MTV has a hip hop channel, teenybopper/hits channel and a Latin channel on my digital package. Besides Subteranean and Headbangers Ball on MTV2 they really have nothing geared towards indie, rock or metal. MTV2 at one point was marketed as the 'music channel' but they are now constant replays of other MTV programming.

MTV is more responsible for killing the music business than file sharing or anything. When MTV stopped being geared towards music so did the opportunity for bands to use the vehicle to break into the mainstream and sell records. I'm in my early 30's and when I was young they had shows like Remote Control, John Stewart, Julie Brown on in the evening hours and prime time productions like Sex in the 90's or the Real World in primetime. The rest of the programming slots were dedicated to music videos or shows related to music. You're more likely to hear Cat Power, TV on the Radio or whoever in a car commercial than see their video on MTV. Does anyone really get their video on MTV anymore besides a hip hop artist or Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, etc.?

Also, VH-1 has VH1 Classics - which is probably the best music video station out there and I believe they also have a channel devoted to black music.

Let us know your thoughts on the show when you get to see a viewing. My friend just IM'd saying he liked it better than TNA and I think we may be hearing that some more if this thing finds an audience. I'm still confused as to why Viacom, knowing TNA were on Spike, wanted another wrestling company on another one of their channels?

It was fun, i don't know if you could call it wrestling but it was fun. It's like a live version of Def Jam Vendetta

That's actually a great, accurate description. The announcers (and the ring announcer guy) were way over the top on everything and sucked, of course. Not that this show is to be taken seriously, but the announcers make sure you wouldn't.

Some of the spots were stupid (live wires and explosions) but overall it kept my interest. I could never watch 1 or 2 hors of this. It'ss nice to see some of these guys getting regular paychecks.

It was fun, i don't know if you could call it wrestling but it was fun. It's like a live version of Def Jam Vendetta

That's exactly how I feel about this.

It's also another wrestling company giving even more guys national exposure, and that's always a good thing. This could lead to a lot more for some of these guys. Heck, it's also great that it's getting the word out on all of the other groups that they mention. And come on:

wsxdangerfishor7.gif

How can anyone not love the stupidity of that? :lol:

I wouldn't say Discovery necessarily changed it's format as it still primarily deals with science/nature/educational stuff.

However, TLC ( THE LEARNING CHANNEL~!!!!!) is completely fucked up from what it used to be.

Watched the premiere, I really liked it. Noticeable flaws, but also a lot of smart things. Love the music and little wrestler bios. Credible coming out to "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck" on TV is a markout moment for any ECW fan. Good shit, can't wait for more to come.

I'm guessing WSXtra content will be available Tuesday night.

But there have been recaps of it already (see WrestlingObserver.com).

The WSX website now has a note saying WSXtra will be up on Tuesday.

wow this was like watching a wrestling show made by mtv

Thank god the WWE hired Joey Styles, otherwise he'd be dead from several strokes commentating this.

and there goes the apple juice on the laptop

Guest DogOn

My first thought when I saw this was Shannon Moore, he'd fit nicely with this promotion. But despite that, I still enjoyed it.

That was werid. I had no idea XPW was still around. Good to see Kriss Kloss still sucks. Bro.

Is Kriss Kloss the announcer from XPW who would always say things like "WHY THE HELL AM I CALLING YOU MARTINEZ" to the color commentator?

Is Kriss Kloss the announcer from XPW who would always say things like "WHY THE HELL AM I CALLING YOU MARTINEZ" to the color commentator?

Yep. Too bad they couldn't get Larry Rivera to join him.

I DOAN LIKE DIS VI-A-LENT STUFF. EES TOO BLOODY CHICO etc etc

Yeah...

...the fuck is with the explosions and electrocutions?

I'm sure watching it on TV and not YouTube would probably enhance the viewing of it.. but fuck.. I'd like some semblance of selling going on.

Meh.. I'll check it out.. might entertain me more than ECW could at this point

well I missed it so far cuz I hadnt been online since like tuesday so I had no idea, guess Ill catch one of the million reruns

so kloss is their announcer? crap wish they had rivera too.

Ill weigh in with my opinions when I catch the show

The explosions is what make the show special. You can say it corny and what not but nobody said this show was suppose to be traditional wrestling. Instead of stupid storylines like Abyss/Sting, they have explosions and crazy sh!t the average audience has not seen before to make up for the "sports entertainment" side of things.

Sydal and Evans manage to show more character and charisma in one match than most of the X division showed in a year. Not only that, but they had 12 minutes of wrestling out of 20 minutes while Impact only had 9 minutes out of 40 minutes this week.

The announcing fits the show. Putting a JR/Tenay type on the show would look odd.