TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

What did you eat today?

Breakfast/Lunch (Woke up late today): Two slices of leftover Buffalo Chicken pizza and a big glass of water

Dinner: Fried egg sandwich with ham and cheese, Utz Sour Cream and Onion ruffle chips and an Arizona Ice Tea RX Energy Drink

Guest Vitamin X

I miss this thread. Could be more interesting now that I'm do the pescatarian thing.

Breakfast: fruit and nut cookie + iced green tea

Lunch: Salmon Sub at Subway (it's seriously good!!) w/ spinach, cucumber, olives, monterey cheddar cheese, and oil/vinegar + water.

Dinner: homemade fish tacos! + michelob ultra, bro.

Breakfast: Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and a glass of Pink Lemonade

Lunch: Some Lays Sour Cream and Onion Chips and an RX Energy Drink (Real healthy....)

Dinner: Two burgers with a salad and water

Snack: Nachos and a cup of Cherry Coke

Its 2:05 PM EST and I have ate only for breakfast, a cup (not a bowl, but an actual cup) of fruit loops with some 2 percent lowfat milk, and two strawberry pop tarts.

man Im hungry but theres like no food in the house and I got to go to work in 3 hours

Yeah it's about 4 o'clock and I woke up at around 10 and all I've had is a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, some Utz Honey BBQ chips, a glass of Cherry Coke and 3 or 4 glasses of water.

Yet, I'm not all that hungry. For some reason, I think overall I eat less during the summer.

Tonight I'll probably hit up Amato's (Sandwich shop chain based here in Maine. Think it has places in Massachusetts and Vermont now too. Good stuff) for supper.

Breakfast: Onion Bagel with horseradish and bacon cream cheese (Surprisingly good), water

Lunch: Two slices of leftover pizza and a glass of Coke

Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatballs, more water

Evening snack: Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge ice cream (It had some sort of zany name that I forgot), some more water.

Bowl of raisin bran and a peach yogurt. I really want pizza, but I just put my last nickel into my paypal account.

Guest Vitamin X

No breakfast, since I got up about a half hour before Rugby practice. I guess I had OJ though, so maybe that counts?

Lunch: Veggie Pita- It was pretty good, had it at the farmer's market. It had tahini sauce, hummus, a bunch of these pea things, and fresh baby greens. Drank some wine with it.

Dinner: Sauteed Chard Ribs in a Cream Sauce on top of organic rotelli- Fucking delicious. I almost considered adding shrimp to this, but it was fine the way it was due to the texture of the ribs. Oh, + a glass of 2004 shiraz from the Columbia Gorge. Anyways, the recipe:

1 lb swiss chard, yielding 2 cups of chopped ribs

1/4 cup (half a stick) butter

3/4 to 1 cup heavy cream

Enough dry pasta to make about one quart of cooked pasta (use rice pasta if gluten-free is required)

Salt and pepper

1. Separate the ribs from the greens. Cut the ribs into 1/2-inch to 1-inch pieces. Blanch the ribs in lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes.

2. Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the drained, blanched ribs and simmer for 4 minutes. Add heavy cream and cook until cream reduces by two-thirds.

3. While the cream is reducing, cook up your pasta according to the pasta's package directions.

4. Mix creamed chard with pasta. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Spaghetti with pasta sauce experiment #34763. Can of crushed tomatoes, olive oil, can of lump crab meat, leftover shrimp, parmesean. Good.

I had a bowl of Cheerios before I went to work, and I will probably have a Big Bacon Classic at Wendy's in about an hour during my lunch break....can't wait

Guest Vitamin X

I had a falafel sandwich for lunch yesterday, dinner yesterday, and breakfast/lunch today. From three different places. I keep trying out different places with different recipes and seeing which one I like best. The food cart at my school apparently has the best one, by far. Aside from the falafelness I've had:

dinner: spaghetti with olive oil and chopped garlic with veggie meatballs on top- I've extolled the "hey it's not so bad as you may think" virtues of meat-based alternatives before, but this one was the first I've encountered that tasted absolutely disgusting, and not at all like the real thing. I have a plate of leftovers, but I will not eat them happily.

I figure I'll eat a tuna sandwich + apple juice later on tonight if I get hungry

EDIT: Update on the veggie meatballs. I didn't think anything of having to go to the bathroom immediately after eating last night, but the fact that I had the leftovers today and also IMMEDIATELY had to go to the bathroom made me wonder. A quick whiff made me realize something absolutely terrible: The veggie meatballs somehow survived their journey through my digestive tract entirely intact, and had forced everything out along the way! They even smelled exactly the same as they did when I ate them. YUCK!

Suffice to say, I'm never eating that again. The top three ingredients are soy protein, carrots, and wheat protein. I'm blaming the carrots as I've had other products with the other two ingredients that taste and go down just fine.

Guest Vitamin X

breakfast: breakfast wrap from safeway + o.j.. It was alright.

lunch: salmon sub (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion w/ Monterey cheddar) + black iced tea, unsweetened

dinner: vegetable stir-fry (red bell pepper, garlic, summer squash, carrot, zucchini, spring onions) + white basmani rice + thai shrimp grilled in spicy peanut sauce + homemade iced green tea with organic lemon wedge to drink.

Fuckin rocked. The dinner I made had some leftovers, too. It was a hell of a lot of food. Pretty healthy stuff, though, for the most part.

Guest Vitamin X

Chong: I became pescatarian (vegetarian that still eats seafood) a few weeks ago, so turkey and beef is a no go. I tried to start a thread for suggestions for non-meat food, but it turned into an argument regarding vegatarianism and veganism (both of which I consider to be fairly impractical diets btw) instead.

Oh man, I also came back from the bars and had some calamari. When I ordered it, I expected to get like just the strips, but nooo.. it was like a bunch of tiny whole grilled squids (with fried rings as well) without the beak and gladius here and there. It was just so awkward, the first one I ate I had to close my eyes to eat it before I realized it was pretty good. Still a bit intimidating when confronted with a larger one. I half expected one to wake up and squirt ink at me. To appease them, I set one up as king and had them set up a small society for a while, eating a few of them at a time. It was like reverse Cthulhu.

Yes, I play with my food when I'm bored and/or drinking.

Breakfast: Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and a glass of water

Lunch: Leftover Kielbasa and a glass of Sierra Mist

Afternoon snack: Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips, fresh strawberries, and another glass of water (Sort of odd combo looking back)

Dinner: Pasta with stir fry, can of Sprite

Evening Snack: Bowl of Lays BBQ chips and a glass of Pink Lemonade.

god for someone trying to lose weight, I did horrible...

Breakfast: nothing, woke up too late

Lunch: 1/4 of Monty Cristo Sandwich at Bennigans and a cup of baked potato soup with 2 glasses of Sierra Mist

Dinner: water with probably about 1 cup of Lasagna Hamburger Helper

Guest Vitamin X

Today wasn't exactly my healthiest day, but I did okay.

breakfast: clif bar + water

lunch: leftovers from yesterday's dinner (the shrimp, veggies and rice) + iced green tea

dinner: breaded fried fish + grilled zucchini and carrots + water

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Being in the process of moving, I've been eating everything perishable in the kitchen so I don't have to waste or move food. I'm now reduced to canned foods and a bag of onions. Tomorrow it'll probably be french onion soup.

Yesterday I had...

Breakfast: Apple Turnover with a bottle of water

Lunch: Two turkey hot dogs with mustard and sauerkraut and some Sunkist Orange Soda.

Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie with oven fries.

Snack: Nachos with some water.

breakfast: carnation instant breakfast shake

lunch: 6in ham and turkey sub with light mayo and lettuce with water

dinner: probably something light but filling like a salad

i so cheated on the weekend so i need to get back into the swing of things :)

breakfast - bowl of frosted flakes, then an asiago bagel from panera

lunch - 2 mini pita pizzas (2 mini pitas, spaghetti sauce, pepperoni & cheese, broiled in the toaster oven)

dinner - 3 turkey soft tacos, tortilla chips

and somewhere in there i had half a box of cheez-its.

Sort of skipped breakfast today due to waking up at 11

Late morning snack: Utz Baked BBQ chips and water.

Lunch: Ham and swiss sandwich on oat nut bread with a glass of Ice Tea

Dinner: Two beef hot dogs on wheat bread (out of buns! I hate when that happens), white macaroni and cheese, glass of ice tea

Evening Snack: Two Garlic Breadsticks and water.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't know if godthedog is still at school (I think he graduated?), but he certainly still eats like he is!

Breakfast: Cup of coffee. Just by itself. This caused a tremendous amount of pain for a few hours when I didn't eat anything for a couple hours.

Lunch: veg. burrito- black beans, rice, guac, spinach, yogurt, chipotle on a whole wheat tortilla + water. I was still recuperating from the straight black coffee with no breakfast earlier, so I was dizzier and I had to eat this in like 10 minutes before class. I stood in front of my school's building for like another 10 minutes just trying to get my bearings. Horrible morning.

Dinner: white rice with pan fried shrimp in butter/olive oil and cocktail sauce + last bit of iced green tea I had. Good dinner, especially filling after rugby practice.

post-dinner!: Since I had my dinner relatively early for me, and I hadn't eaten much, I had gone out to this swanky bar I like going to (Cassidy's! if anyone is in Portland, on SW 13th and Washington) and had some grilled prawns (with salsa verde, on roasted potatoes- SO fucking good) + a porter, I believe it was a Laurelwood Tree Hugger Porter.

Breakfast: Plain Bager with butter and Mango juice.

Lunch: nothing

Supper: Leftovers. Spaghetti and Breaded Chicken Thighs.

breakfast: bagel with peanut butter

lunch: nothing

dinner: spicy orange chicken (marinated in curry, ground pepper, ground mustard & orange juice, then baked), roasted carrots & asparagus