1) Hardy vs Nitro = ***1/4

2) Tag Team Gauntlet = *1/4

3) Dykstra vs Flair = **1/2

4) Mickie vs Victoria = **

5) DX vs Rated RKO = ***3/4

6) Masters vs Carlito = *1/2

7) Cena vs Umaga = ***

TV Ratings

Raw on 1/1 drew a 3.83 rating, even with K-Fed, with hour ratings of 3.83 and 3.83, and 5.06 million viewers. The K-Fed vs Cena match did a 4.1 rating, which is very good for an opening segment which viwers have been trained to expect will normally be a 20 minute promo. The ending with Cena giving K-Fed an FU did a 4.3.

ECW on 1/2 drew a 1.5 rating and 1.77 million viewers. This is much worse than it sounds as this was a live show which normally leads to a 15% increase in the rating and it also had a two week build for RVD's title shot. The show did a 1.19 with Males 18-34 and 0.97 with Males 35-49. ECW has lost 41% of males 35-49 viewers since week 15. The average age of a ECW viwers is roughly the same as all the other WWE shows at 35.

Smackdown on 1/5 drew a 3.01 rating and 4.67 million viwers, which is a season high.

News

HHH's torn tendon in his right quadriceps has changed all future plans. John Cena vs HHH was slated as the front runner for the WrestleMania main event but now that's out the window they are going to be brainstorming to try and come up with a whole new show. The tentative plan of Bobby Lashley vs The Great Khali for ECW title was changed and Khali was moved to Raw incase they need to build up a monster for Hogan to face should Big Show not make it. No matches are official for WM, but 'Taker vs Big Dave is still penciled in. The Donald Trump angle will now end at Mania which is the best plan for WWE as it hopefully will get mainstream publicity for their biggest - and highest-priced - show of the year.

HHH had surgury on 1/9 in Birmingham under Dr James Andrews and Andrews diagnosed the injury as a tendon rupture, with it tearing off the bone and thte kneecap. He should be able to walk again in about six weeks and will be out of action for between four and six months.

Steph totally freaked out backstage after the match. Nobody was allowed to approach her and one office employ who did got chewed out for doing so. Her reaction was described as being as if HHH had been killed in the ring rather than just torn a muscle.

The three title matches at the Royal Rumble are currently set to be Umaga vs Cena, Kennedy vs Big Dave and Test vs Lashley (possibly with RVD added for a three way). The deal is that the Rumble match itself is seen as the big draw and the show is a chance for the champ(s) to get a convincing win on the way to Wrestlemania which is why you get the likes of Mark Henry and Bob Holly getting title shots.

Untill HHH got injured the 30 guys slated to be involved were; HHH, HBK, Flair, Jeff Hardy, Carlito, Super Crazy, Khali, Edge, Orton, Masters, Eugene, Big Vis, Taker, Benoit, Kane, Matt Hardy, Booker, Finlay, Chavo, MVP, Tatanka, Helms, Van Dam, Sabu, Punk, Sandman, Dreamer, Holly, Thorn and Striker.

Although it's not the first time it's happened, Dave describes the TNA chants on Raw as being 'surreal'. WWE had hyped on its website all day that there would be an O'Donnell vs Trump match. Vince thought it was a comedic idea that would get the company some mainstream publicity and WWE even sent a media alert that morning to TV stations saying that they could get footage for their 11pm newscasts. Nobody bothered to request any. In normal circumstances it probably would have got some press, but as they've only just finished the Federline deal it was far too soon to try again. O'Donnell was played by Kelly Adkins, a woman wrestler who held the NWA Woman's Title in 2005 and has recently retired due to knee problems. Trump was played by Ace Steel, best know for his ROH work. The 'match' went 5:28 with fans booing at first and then chanting loudly "We Want Wrestling!" and "TNA". Vince, who loved the idea when it was proposed, was at ringside for the whole segment which ended up being a big mistake as the segment clearly bombed and they kept showing Vince at ringside no selling the reaction which made him look completely out of touch with what the fans want. However, even despite this, Vince still loved the segment afterwards.

Cyber Sunday back on 11/5 did a preliminary estimate of 233,000 buys (about 150,000 domestic). The 2005 Taboo Tuesday did 248,000.

Piper is said to have an 85% chance of survival.

1/1 was the end of the K-Fed angle. However if he ever wanted to return they'd be happy to have him back.

Vladimir Kozlov is going to introduced in the same manner as MVP was - being on TV for a couple of months watching matches and getting more and more involved with the show.

Lost more models are to be signed, with the thinking that they need nice looking people to get the ratings up. It's as if they've looking at what segments get low viewing figures and decided that's the way to go.

Diavari was not brought to Raw with Khali as they felt he was a 'distraction' when Khali was in the ring.

'The Marine' finished $18,748,516 domestic and $1,152,966. So that's less than half what was needed for the movie to be profitable.

Punk is currently in the doghouse, probably as he disagreed with the layout of the Elimination Chamber match with Arn Anderson and Michael Heyes who were the producers for it. For this weeks ECW TV Dave Lagana had written that Punk should get Holly in the vice and Holly should turn over, grab a rope and pin Punk. In the production meeting when the TV was being put together the whole room turned on Punk when Lagana told them his idea. Arn Anderson especially was against him, saying the Holly should make Punk pay his dues as he's just "Heyman' guy" and not any good so Holly shouldn't need to cheat to pin him. Anderson also said Punk was only over because Heyman fluked it and shouldn't be happening. Punk was personally told by Anderson that "after 14 years on being on WWE televison, Holly is the bigger star" as an explanation why the heel should pin the babyface clean. The actual finish was came up by Finlay.

Vince has also suggest Punk should turn heel, saying "This straight edge stuff shows me he thinks he's better than everyone else." The funny thing is Vince has no idea that Punk's catchphrase when he first came into ROH as a heel was "Straight edge means I'm better than you!".

Larry Zbyszko has contacted WWE trying to get himself signed onto a Legends deal and a commentry gig. No word as of yet if Vince is interested.

Monty Brown is pegged to be a heel when he debuts, which will be as soon as his knee heals up.

The company is working of a Wrestlings Famour Famillies DVD focusing on the Funks, Guerreros and the Harts.

Christopher DeJoseph (Big Dick Johnson) got some heat for getting himself booked on the Christmas house show run as those shows traditionally draw some of the biggest domestic houses of the year. Also several women involved in his skits aren't happy as they feel he comes across as a bigger star than they do.

They are looking at doing a new Hart Fountation with Harry Smith, Nattie Neidhart, Teddy Hart and possibly TJ Wilson. This depends on Hart signing and he's got an MTV deal till February and is often his own worst enemy when it comes to promotions who book him.

Mike DiBiase - Ted's son - is currently dating Bret Hart's daughter Jade.

Nobuyuki Sakakibara claimed that Pride meeting with WWE was about using the likes of Umage, Undertaker and Batista in Pride's proposed Super Heavyweight tournament in 2007. Dave estimates there's a slightly less than 0% change of that happening.

Kenny Bolin is back at OVW after his heart problems.

some good stuff in there...thanks as usual.

Monty Brown debuting soon...good

new Hart Foundation...sure why not

Daivari is a "distraction"...well yeah, anything that distracts from Khali's ringwork is probably for the best!

Is it me or does that tentative Rumble lineup feel a tad underwhelming? I mean, I guess I don't know what else they could do to change it, but it just feels weak compared to previous years.

Vince, who loved the idea when it was proposed, was at ringside for the whole segment which ended up being a big mistake as the segment clearly bombed and they kept showing Vince at ringside no selling the reaction which made him look completely out of touch with what the fans want. However, even despite this, Vince still loved the segment afterwards.

Anyone surprised? Yes? No? No. OK, just checking.

And Batista in a Pride tournament?

L

O

L

Who is this kozlov guy?

I know my g/f would be freaking out as if I did die if I tore my quad in the ring. Women can do that sort of thing.

I'm sick of WWE guys shitting all over punk. Just get rid of him. They don't need him (now) and he doesn't need them. The fact that the argument of "He's over, but he shouldn't be b/c heyman overexposed him, so let's not continue his push" is being used is the funniest/saddest thing I've heard in a long time about this company.

He reminds me of Michael Vick (except more talented). He's a very polarizing figure, but is very exciting to watch.

Arn Anderson especially was against him, saying the Holly should make Punk pay his dues as he's just "Heyman' guy" and not any good so Holly shouldn't need to cheat to pin him. Anderson also said Punk was only over because Heyman fluked it and shouldn't be happening. Punk was personally told by Anderson that "after 14 years on being on WWE televison, Holly is the bigger star" as an explanation why the heel should pin the babyface clean.

Oh, Arn Anderson. He's "Heyman's guy" so it's just a fluke? Who's "fluke" were you, then?

anybody know how long Punk's deal is for?

Plus it's real sad that Vince pretty much ignores the crowd reaction. He must just go backstage and say "they don't know what they're talking about." I think Vince thinks he knows what's best for us, regardless of how much we boo and chant for a rival promotion on live TV.

Why don't WWE go with the flow anymore, this depushing of naturally over stars is just a piss take tbh, if the fans want to cheer em, let them cheer em.

Glad the Brown's debuting soon, personally think he could be the man to turn things around in WWE if used correctly.

New Hart Foundation would be kinda cool too, they've certainly got all the talent there to do it., and if Bret's son turns out out to be any good you've got yourself a new little hitman... but maybes without the past.

Thanks for sharing this, as always its a good read.

Plus it's real sad that Vince pretty much ignores the crowd reaction. He must just go backstage and say "they don't know what they're talking about." I think Vince thinks he knows what's best for us, regardless of how much we boo and chant for a rival promotion on live TV.

Vince has ALWAYS thought that, despite what he's said publicly at times. He always books based on what he wants, rather than what the fans want. The sole exception being Austin in 1997, but it was either go with that or go belly-up.

Thanks for posting these.

Vince has ALWAYS thought that, despite what he's said publicly at times. He always books based on what he wants, rather than what the fans want. The sole exception being Austin in 1997, but it was either go with that or go belly-up.

Thanks for posting these.

So really, Vince is only going to do what the fans want if WWE have real competition. Even then, I think they'll need to be in some serious trouble... So we're talking years aren't we? we're talking a LONG time, if anything at all. Damn.

Vince has also suggest Punk should turn heel, saying "This straight edge stuff shows me he thinks he's better than everyone else." The funny thing is Vince has no idea that Punk's catchphrase when he first came into ROH as a heel was "Straight edge means I'm better than you!".

Mike DiBiase - Ted's son - is currently daying Bret Hart's daughter Jade.

Classic Vince.

Don't know if either Mike or Jade are interested in wrestling, but that would be an interesting couple as far as characters go. Two third generation personalities from two different wrestling families.

The new Hart Foundation is a great idea until you realize who will be booking it. I mean Holly is the 10 yr vet and the star, how do you expect Teddy Hart, Harry Smith and Nattie Neidhart to get any wins? They'll be jobbers to DX upon debut and will only be used for the anniversary of the MTL screwjob in MTL this fall. I'd love to see them no-show the event or do something crazy during the show and quit. They'll never get a fair shake with HHH, HBK and Steph having so much power and VKM being a delusional twat.

If I ever win the powerball Lottery, I'm becoming a silent partner for ROH, bankrolling the roster so we don't have to see CM Punk job to Thurman Sparky Plugg because out-of-touch bookers think he's the star. Who wants to bet Punk gets the Tazz treatment in the Rumble.

Why do even seemingly intelligent people like Arn Anderson buy into the whole "paying your dues" thing? It's like a company hiring a whizz kid executive and making them work cleaning toilets for three years before they get their shot in the boardroom.

I know thats just how it is, but every now and again it just makes me shake my head and wonder how any money gets made.

Teddy Hart will not work in the wwe because he doesn't look like a Hart (looks like his father, not his Hart-bloodline mother) and he is a crusierweight. Wait 5-6 years when you have a 27 yr old Harry, a 26 yr old Nattie and would have a couple Bret Hart sons being 24ish and 21ish.

Who is this kozlov guy?

I know my g/f would be freaking out as if I did die if I tore my quad in the ring. Women can do that sort of thing.

I'm sick of WWE guys shitting all over punk. Just get rid of him. They don't need him (now) and he doesn't need them. The fact that the argument of "He's over, but he shouldn't be b/c heyman overexposed him, so let's not continue his push" is being used is the funniest/saddest thing I've heard in a long time about this company.

He reminds me of Michael Vick (except more talented). He's a very polarizing figure, but is very exciting to watch.

Kozlov is a big talentless Russian guy named Oleg Prudius who's been appearing on RAW and Smackdown doing a Borat gimmick. Supposedly he's horrible in the ring, but then, that's never stopped WWE before.

from everything I keep hearing about Teddy, he'll slit his own throat anyway. Harry will make it because of his size. Nattie will probably have to get a tit job, but she should make it.

I'm not straight edge, but anyone who looks at straight edge and thinks, "What, you think you're better than me???" has self-esteem issues. Which is weird because a 55 year old man who juices, has other men kiss his ass, and gets oiled up and wrestles once or twice a year is obviously completely at peace with himself.

Nattie will probably have to get a tit job, but she should make it.

Hope not, if you can kinda fool yourself she's not actually Niedhart's daughter and doesn't look a little like him in the chin area, then she's kinda hot as she is.

Last I had seen, it didn't really look like she was in need of one...

Aye thought the same thing, but if we're going off WWE standards... bigger the bust, bigger the push.

Nobuyuki Sakakibara claimed that Pride meeting with WWE was about using the likes of Umage, Undertaker and Batista in Pride's proposed Super Heavyweight tournament in 2007. Dave estimates there's a slightly less than 0% change of that happening.

I'll predict Mark Hunt, Giant Silva, Bob Sapp, Fedor as the Final Conflict 2007 card thrown in a few big stiffs like Gan McGee, Akebono, Umaga, Great Khali for the undercard.

Looks like a dude, perfect for WWE.

"The funny thing is Vince has no idea that Punk's catchphrase when he first came into ROH as a heel was "Straight edge means I'm better than you!". "

Why would Vince care about an ROH angle? He's in the business of making money, not watching indies. Punk in WWE is 100% different than his ROH character.

Looks like a dude, perfect for WWE.

"The funny thing is Vince has no idea that Punk's catchphrase when he first came into ROH as a heel was "Straight edge means I'm better than you!". "

Why would Vince care about an ROH angle? He's in the business of making money, not watching indies. Punk in WWE is 100% different than his ROH character.

I'm fully convinced that if any woman is in shape at all some guy will find a way to say she looks like a dude....my god muscle definition it's a man.

I can't even count the number of guys that said Trish Stratus looks like a guy......which to me means alot of wrestling fans have never been laid in their life or they're gay.