TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Seasonal Music Associations

The intention behind the writing of a song becomes entirely irrelevant if the song is good.

Also, no one's hating the Eagles because they get played a lot on the radio; they're being hated for being absolutely fucking awful. And that Hinder comparison is really, really stupid and inaccurate.

When they're absolutely fucking awful, getting a large amount of airtime just exacerbates the situation

Guest Richard McBeef
A lot of stuff from Ronnie James DIO when summer is right around the corner.

LIKE A RAINBOW IN THE DARK

The intention behind the writing of a song becomes entirely irrelevant if the song is good.

Also, no one's hating the Eagles because they get played a lot on the radio; they're being hated for being absolutely fucking awful. And that Hinder comparison is really, really stupid and inaccurate.

I thought their singles were great but for the most part their albums as a whole, with exception of Hotel California, were pretty bland.

Garth Brooks and Kenny Chesney for me banky, is only good listening in the summer time. I mean songs like Fishing in the Dark, or Guitars and Tiki Bars are great driving songs on a sunny sunday afternoon.

I personally love Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'. Even though that's one of their worst songs. It's just Steve Perry hits these unimaginably high notes towards the end that I didn't think were humanly possible.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Don't fuck around. Dio's awesome. I've done a total 180 on the guy in the past two years.

Guest Richard McBeef

Don't fuck around. Dio's awesome. I've done a total 180 on the guy in the past two years.

I'm not fuckin' around. I just wanted to type in a rainbow. The part where he goes "you know it aalllways brings me dooooown" at 2.48 is awesome.

Nope. Pretty much dead on. Two pretty-boy bands writing songs for girls and twits.

RainbowintheDarkSingle.jpg

:headbang:

it looks like they were struck with rocking inspiration from watching the "night on bald mountain" segment of fantasia.

Nope. Pretty much dead on. Two pretty-boy bands writing songs for girls and twits.

"Pretty-boy"? Really?

StreetlightPeople.jpg

They're even worse in motion.

I'd also debate calling The Eagles pretty boys but then again- we are talking about pretty boys circa 1977 or so...

Summer is usually when I listen to bands I loved in middle school (AC/DC, KISS, ZZ Top, Led Zeppelin, Ted Nugent).

Three great summer albums, or at least I think so

Michael Jackson-Off the Wall

The Slits-Cut

Scientist-Heavyweight Dub Champion

Not-quite-spring is my favorite time for Wilco, the Smiths, and the Replacements.

"Alex Chilton" is my favorite 'Mats song because I'm an unoriginal shlub, but it's #1 for a reason, so I can't feel too bad about it. I'm extremely fond of "Androgynous" and "Here Comes a Regular," which is the only track I really really love off Tim.