TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

American Idol

Bah, I did a DVR of the show and FFed through 2 hours of filler crap and then found that the winner wasn't even announced until AFTER the 10:00 listing and so I didn't even get to see that.

Anyway it looks like Jordin won as everyone expected.

And yes, I second the Lushus post above.

the performances were rather crappy:

Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood mailed their performances in. Basically, they were performing like two grammy award winning, multi-platinum album selling divas that had better things to do and were "gracing us with their presence".

Ruben sounded like he hadn't picked up a mic in years....which is probably true.

Sanjaya was horrible as ever...I don't think he got one note right. He's what would have happened had they let William Hung go through to the top 12.

Blake's beatboxing battle with Doug E. Fresh was a jumbled mess...it was all over the damn place and sounded like total garbage.

Jordin's just not good...Melinda was the best singer, but the Quasimodo look did her in. Perhaps in a few years, Jordin will develop her skills, but right now, no way. She IS better than Blake, though, so the right person won.

Bette Midler struggled through her song, it was rather torturous.

Green Party Day was there, as mentioned earlier...singing some depressing, sloooooow, boooooooring song...and they looked as thrilled as Kelly and Carrie did to be there.

Scary thought - I have a class on Wednesdays from 6-9. I manage to catch a bus that gets me to my station at 9:40, go to the gas station to get hosed on gas prices ($1.049/L [about 3.75L per gal]), do some cleanup outside the house, get in at 10:01 and they're juuuuuust doing the results. (Lost? Yeah, I gave up on that show)

I'm sorry I missed Kelly's ass - didn't know it was back. I'd love a screen shot though.

A couple of women here at the office were just talking about last night and commenting on how bad Kelly looked because "she's got too much junk in the trunk."

I told them they were crazy.

smart move picking Doug E Fresh for the beatboxing thing, as they could've gotten someone that'd completely show Blake up and make him look horrible.

A couple of women here at the office were just talking about last night and commenting on how bad Kelly looked because "she's got too much junk in the trunk."

I told them they were crazy.

They probably think Rachael Ray has a big ass as well.

She was looking like the third Olsen sister at one point - they should be glad Kelly's eating again. Speaking of which I saw some pictures (from the Ellen show), and yep, the ass is definitely back.

Green Party Day was there, as mentioned earlier...singing some depressing, sloooooow, boooooooring song...

that was "working class hero", one of john lennon's best songs, which makes it by default one of the best songs ever written. it's an awesomely angry and chilling song if you're sitting down, actively listening to it, and paying attention to the lyrics. the problem was the context. i don't know who thought it was a good idea to try to fit six repetitive verses on the government fucking you in the middle of a night full of songs that are basically required to change key every 30 seconds. total buzzkill.

i don't know if it was a tired voice or the cumulative effects of time, but kelly had a bit of a bonnie tyler "throat on sandpaper" thing going on with the vocals last night, which was sexy.

Tossing 'Working Class Hero' in to American Idol was really jarring, I dug it.

And Kelly Clarkson got fat. I don't know where you guys are getting 'ZOMG she's gots a gr8 asssss!!1!1' from. She's great though.

I don't see any fat. She was on TRL about a week ago hyping the new single and looked phenomenal, all of my bias aside.

Her ass is a thing of beauty, though. Lushus just wants to steal my schtick ;). Seriously though, I've always found her hot. I'd take her over the Hollywood brat pack fakes and flakes any day of the week.

Hey, Malibu, hey...

The only time Clarkson and fat should appear in a sentence together would be something like "Kelly has got a fat ass". And it should be meant as a compliment.

Another time they could be used together would be "Kelly is not fat."

Hey, Malibu, hey...

The only time Clarkson and fat should appear in a sentence together would be something like "Kelly has got a fat ass". And it should be meant as a compliment.

Another time they could be used together would be "Kelly is not fat."

QFT

Apparently some batshit organization against obesity is calling the selection of Jordin as the winner of American Idol as a step in the wrong direction against the war on obesity.

Yeah, I don't get it and I'm not even going to bother. The women was out of her mind and made it sound like Jordin should have been pointed at and received nothing but laughs for being fat. Poor girl, finally gets her moment in the limelight and someone tries to hit her with a pie.

Apparently some batshit organization against obesity is calling the selection of Jordin as the winner of American Idol as a step in the wrong direction against the war on obesity.

There's always some batshit organization ranting about something. I guess we should be surprised that the Fraternal Order of Beatboxers weren't all up in arms about Blake losing?