TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

American Idol

Not interested until they put up the betting lines. Then only to leech off of other people's analysis. I can't stand watching the show.

I know its good for ratings but it's usually obvious who isn't good and is just looking to get on TV but they shouldn't let those people perform. The people watch for Simon, Paula and Randy until the competition actually start and attach themselves to someone. It'd save alot of time by just sending the crap home right away. Most aren't even funny or cute anymore.

Guest Princess Leena

Agreed. These aren't as funny when there's people who are purposely bad and know it.

The kid with the juggling sticks was a highlight. I enjoyed how his mom comforted him with "Don't worry, you'll be famous someday." The hissy fit he threw alone should be enough for his fifteen minutes.

crap, i can't remember her name...she was on in the first half hour...she bombed at first, but they told her to sing a Shakira song and she did a dead on impression so they let her through.

I missed the blonde girl they kept showing on the previews going "I'm going to Holllllyyywooood!!!". At least, I thought I saw them show her tonight but missed the audition.

Guest Princess Leena

I barely remember anything that happened. It was Minnesota. Everyone is ugly there.

There were only 2 good singers in that whole 2 hours. The brunette with the curly hair (last name was Krieger or Krueger I think) who sang "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" and Crackie.

Guest Princess Leena

Yeah, the only decent singer I recall was that kinda cute brunette in the 2nd hour, and they showed her for like a total of 30 seconds while doing the long storylines with all the crap.

I think the first few episodes where they have all the shit people on is kind of humorous. Of course after that when it becomes a "serious" contest to see who will be the next generic pop star, I tune out.

Discuss.

There's nobody cute yet.

Jewel was looking pretty fine.

What the fuck is wrong with Paula Abdul? She must have some disease or be SEVERELY drugged up.

I only watch the early eps when they're getting through the really bad singers

What YNA said.

I'm pretty much the opposite. I'd rather watch the performance shows than watch people vastly overrate themselves because producers decided to put them through to the Judges stage of initial auditions.

I didn't think that they showed enough people getting through last night. At the end they just did a quick fly-by of like 10 people. I'd rather at least see a little of the "good" singers.

I didn't think that they showed enough people getting through last night. At the end they just did a quick fly-by of like 10 people. I'd rather at least see a little of the "good" singers.

I think that they don't want to pre-bias you towards any of the "Semi-Finalists" yet.

But I think that they do by not showing everyone the same amount.

Can't really disagree with you there. I guess we just need to torture a producer to find out what's up...

crap, i can't remember her name...she was on in the first half hour...she bombed at first, but they told her to sing a Shakira song and she did a dead on impression so they let her through.

Yeah, what a great message to send to viewers. She sang normally, and bombed. Then she sang Shakira and shook her ass; of course she got through. Randy's eyes weren't on her voice.

It sucked that the one rocker, who went around and learned the ABBA song, didn't get in. Sure he might not have had range, but neither did the rocker last year. He showed dedication and diligence towards the career. More than others.

The way they deal with contestants is also annoying. Spend an hour and 58 minutes on all the bad and horrid singers (did we really need to see that horrid girl and her "impersonation" of the Cowardly Lion THREE TIMES??) but only do 30 seconds on those that actually got through. It's just stupid. They're only encouraging the people who watch for the bad singers.