TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

Carbonated drinks.

Guest Vitamin X
I don't know if this makes me ghetto or what, but I've succumbed to the idea that Shasta makes the best cola out there now. Particularly since I'm a big fan of diet drinks (yeah there are health risks involved, but nowhere near as bad as drinking the loads of high fructose corn venom and junk in the other drinks) and they use sucralose instead of aspartame and well- Diet Shasta is the best diet drink out there. I haven't had regular Shasta in a long time either, but I bet it's pretty awesome as well. And, at $2 for a 12-pack box at Winco (another recent discovery of mine here in the Pacific NW) it's REALLY worth the price, especially when the big guys like Coke charge nearly twice as much for the same thing.

I'm definitely not a fan of Pepsi. I don't know if I mentioned it before either, but I've come around on iced tea and pretty much drink that now instead of soda since it's healthier for you and your teeth, and you get basically the same amount of caffeine anyways.

You never went to Winco in California? That's where all my grocery shopping gets done. Low prices and open 24 hours? Fuck yeah.

On the rare occasion that I drink liquor, I will buy a 2 liter of Shasta. It's about 57 cents and makes an excellent chaser for brown rum.

Nope, Winco's locations in California are pretty damn limited. They're only in really rural areas or in Central CA- which is mostly rural anyways, I suppose. That's not really the case here, there's at least two Wincos within driving/transit distance from my house here, and they're just nestled away in the suburbs. `Course, I usually go in the middle of the night, but yeah, it's a great place if I need to get some quick cheap shopping done. They're also big on supporting local business, and they're employee-owned, technically nearly a co-op if only they didn't go public with their company. Pretty awesome.

I just tried Mountain Dew Revolution. It's surprisingly good. Not on the level of Live Wire or game Fuel, but much better than Pitch Black and Code Red. I haven't tried either of the other 2 new flavors yet.

I had the Raspberry Citrus MD the other day. It wasn't very good. I can't imagine the other two flavors being better.

I was wrong about this. Both of the other ones were way better. Overall, I'm partial to SuperNova.

I had this A&W concoction that was advertised as root beer/ice cream drink but completely lacked the fizz of a normal creme soda. It just didn't taste right to me.

Yeah, I had that too and it did taste kinda odd. They have a Sunkist version as well.

Guest Epic Narcissism

Yep, that's gonna be my new "sit in the fridge unopned for years and years" drink, sort of liek theold Dr Pepper Red Fusion.

There's new MD Amp energy drinks too. A grape one and a berry one, that I saw. Both pretty good.

Whoo, they've got an orange one too (called Relaunch). You know how Livewire was like an orange soda with too much syrup in it? Well this is like a Livewire with too much syrup in it. What an awesome summer time drink for caffeine addicts like me.

I think Pitch Black is going to be there "Fall Flavor" as a tie into Halloween, like Livewire is/was a Summer Only.

I try to avoid drinking diet sodas (as well as normal sodas) because I still have some inclination that they are "bad" for me. Is this true or just an unsubstantiated theory?

Combined with joining the wrestling team, and working out, my brother stopped drinking soda since September or so, and has dropped like 50 pounds. Soda has a lot of sugar, and calories without nutrients. I don't think it's bad for you if you drink moderately, but it's not "good" for you.

BTW, I love this one:

223117883_ab7f708948.jpg

It looks even better in glass bottles.

I had this A&W concoction that was advertised as root beer/ice cream drink but completely lacked the fizz of a normal creme soda. It just didn't taste right to me.

The Root Beer Float drink?

Yeah, that is pure shit. Nothing redeeming about it at all. Every three swigs, it tasted all right, everything else sucked.

Crystal Pepsi was one of my favorite drinks of all time. My grandpa worked at a Pepsi plant, and would bring home pick up truck bed's full of 'damaged' cases of Pepsi products. When they started phasing out the Crystal Pepsi, he brought their entire stock of it home for me. I had a couple hundred cases of the shit in my grandparents' basement. Good times, good times.