TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Secret Agent

Skull Radio~!

WC is entitled to his opinion. That doesn't stop him from being wrong :P

In all seriousness though, i think that with the (largely) serious, down-to-earth nature of the majority of SWF characters, Landon's gimmick is refreshing. I can understand that some people might not like it, but it does us good to have an airhead character around once in a while. I mean, the whole HELL... in a CELL... LADDER MATCH! thing was awesome. Who else can do a bait-and-switch in three lines?

Yikes, I should have paid attention to this thread I guess.

I'm on dial-up so downloading this will probably be a bitch but I'll try and get 3 and 4 downloaded ASAP to see what all the fuss about me is. The odds of me getting to do a call-in aren't too hot, especially with time difference and all, but I'll argue whatever needs arguing for the sake of arguing. And to give people material I guess.

Okay, having listened to Episode 3 and 4, a rebuttal (seeing as I can't really get on air to say it).

Rando said I was like the SWF's Rock, but if anything I'd say Landon's the Mick Foley/Mankind of the SWF. The Galacticos are really on the Rock n' Sock Connection kinda of wavelength and Mike is The Rock to Landon's Mankind. He's a jerk towards Landon and gets away with it somehow. And where-as Mike is pretty self-assured and full of himself and seems to get away with it, Landon's different. I definately try to write him goofy when I can. As a heel he tends to be pretty serious. I like to think I can write a pretty good promo and when needed I can pull out something serious and deep meaning (as deep as a parody e-fed can get). But there's always SOMETHING there in every promo to make you think 'you know what, I don't care what he says, this guy doesn't have a clue.'

Edge is a decent comparison as well. Edge or Christian. I basically steal from everywhere.

I forget now who it came from, but there was something on here a few years ago and one of the vets was complaining or bemoaning the fact that characters were too bulletproof. People didn't write their characters with enough weaknesses, which made it harder to write against them. And I remember taking that to heart for some reason and piling up various weaknesses (the goofiness, the reliance on Megan, the lack of technical prowess, egomaniacal, arrogant, selfish). Which I personally prefer writing to an unstoppable monster or a Rock-type who's pretty faultless.

Skull Radio shall be LIVE in just under an hour now, and will feature talk about this week's Storm and, as Johnny puts it, the Ultimo Phantasmo Theory's greatest test yet -- FROM THE FIRE 2007~

I can only hope we can get more listeners this week than last week (about a third less overall). Shame Shame Shame.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theswf

Two hours? God. Much as I like this idea, I think two hours of talk about the SWF is REALLY pushing it. I don't know if I'm even going to be able to download that show, much less find time to listen to it.

I noticed at the end that there was some spillover into what appeared to be a Relationship show. is it possible that some of that was accidentally saved onto the Skull Radio archive, and if so, can someone download and cut the show to its relevant piece?

Hearulating it now as it wouldn't play during the live run for some reason.

Don't know why Clark was being secretive, so I'll just say this: Doomstroyer was Crimson Skull (As evidenced by our feud after Doom Skull turned), but I was such a shitty tag partner that Sly never got the matches in time to write anything. I suck. We only actually wrote one match together, the one against Kevin Coyote and Avery Duciel. lolzerz.

So, how'd Ultimo Pants do for the PPV?

Also: Clark-store, did you say that Jimmy the Doom was one of two people-stores you faced competitively and never won? Cause I don't remember fight-storing you. lolz-store.

I've also faced but never beaten.... Charlie Matthews, MVS, Todd Cortez, Sean Davis, and Tom Flesher. I'm sure I'm missing some. I might have beaten Janus...though I can't remember who the opponents were that one time me and Danny Williams tagged.

I'm sure I'm missing a few other people. And yes, I never technically have beat Landon competitively. Unless he was part of said earlier tag match ....unless they no-showed. Which I don't know.

Since you're being all "technical," I'm not sure that you've ever beaten me in a competitive match; the only two times I recall us being booked against each other were the WCC match in '04, which I was auto-jobbed in for being overly late (about three hours after my extension), and the WCC match this past January.

Hey Johnny, do you do that deadpan thing on purpose, or do you actually not get people's jokes?

EDIT - and yes, the Bird Dropping is essentially a "Whoopie Cushion." or, as I prefer to think of it (since I didn't like face Doink), an Earthquake splash done from the top rope. I didn't describe it because I felt as though I'd gone through enough trouble to describe it over the course of both of the Birdman periods that I don't feel as though I should have to describe the move exactly every time I write a match... I don't describe the Wild Ride every match either, as I figure that I've been around long enough and have written enough matches for other people to know what it is; it's not like we've got ten new writers that have never seen the move in use before...

Since I'm commenting on Skull Radio:

I don't think that Jimmy the Doom is all that hard to write. In the match that I actually showed against her/him, I feel like I had a good grasp of the character, writing purely based on what was in the stats. The only thing was that I completely and consciously no-sold the "sound effects." I think I maybe kinda-sorta understand why Drea does it (way to put myself out on a limb there), and it works for Drea, but it doesn't work for me, and when I get my rematch, I'm not putting any of those "sound effects" in that, either.

By the way (speaking of rematches), I believe you said something on last week's episode of Skull Radio about Drea's match being written in such a way that it left open the possibility of a rematch, which led me to ask myself: how could it have possibly been written to where I shouldn't have been entitled to a rematch?

"Every time I seem to write a submission or hold... Certain people like to like to jump on me... that move's not called that..."

Dude, you wanted to call a waistlock takedown a "reverse lateral toss."