#12 The Max vs. #4 Ripper

#3 Kingofthe909 vs. #11 TheManInBlak

#7 Vitamin X vs. #2 LordOfTheCurry

The Awesomely Mediocre and/or Unknown bracket:

#16 Muggy Bogues vs. #9 DrVenkman

#12 AndrewTS vs. #4 redbaron51

#3 CanadianChris vs. #6 Hawk52

#7 HuntersTornQuad vs. #2 gary floyd

But the whole point of having a mediocre, elite, and two "middle" brackets is that more posters have an equal chance, so it's more exciting that way. It's not about having a stronger overall tournament, not until you get to the semis and the finals themselves. And if a mediocre poster somehow gets voted there, well, then more props to them.

And my point re: Niskie, carnival, kkk, and Zack being in the 8 last year isn't based on their merits, but more on the merits of their opponents which greatly outweighs their strengths you just listed. In other words, someone is more likely to vote for Zack Malibu over geniusMoment because they don't give a flying fuck or know who geniusMoment is, whereas they see Zack's name and say "Hey! I know that guy, sorta" even if they don't really KNOW him. They're more voting for some sort of familiarity or voting AGAINST another poster (much like how niskie got past Rudo, or even moreso, how Rudo got past Dama).

I don't see how the seeding is done wrong here. The NCAA March Madness tournament is the most exciting playoff in sports, and this is the most fun a lot of the lesser known posters could have in one of these things. Hell, we've had some weird shit happen already, like Muggy freakin' Bogues, the 16 seed in the Mediocre bracket, upsetting ADMIN. And blowing him out, too. A lot of these guys wouldn't have had a chance in the other brackets, yet, they still probably won't win the tournament because they do eventually have to go up against the champions from a very strong bracket. Everyone wins. Seeding it 1-64 just makes things uneven and messy for each next round.

So the arguements for it are:

1) It's like some sports thing, and as we all know popularity on the net = sporting unpredictability

2) It allows posters who normally wouldn't be voted for to have some e-pleasure (like yourself)

3) It doesn't give a stronger overall tournament

I'm not aware of the NCAA system, and as I'm just arguing against your point of view as opposed to you, I'll drop it, as it has no real relevance to anything.

Finally, I fail to see how Muggs beating Admin is a shock. I'd have bet on that all the way.

I fail to see how Muggs beating Admin is a shock. I'd have bet on that all the way.

Yeah, really.

Guest Queen Leelee

Did I lose yet.

This thread interferes with my daily searching of my name.

Guest Queen Leelee

Black, you don't have the reputation as THE poster at forums.thesmartmarks.com.

When people come here, they want me. They want the best.

You just don't understand...

I was kinda surprised to even get the 16 seed. I figured ya'll would've put admin there just to mess around with him. But hindsight 50/50 yada yada, it's working out for me. Just 3 votes behind Dr. V.

you guys are arguing over the merits of a poster tournament...I just want to make sure I'm understanding the last page of this thread.

VX was arguing.

I was right.

Czech had a gimmick as a self-obsessed prick?

No.

He was the first I noticed (but probably not the actual originator) to stop using question marks, Leena picked that up within a day or 2. Czech, I believe, popularized the forums. thing (again, the poster I first noticed doing it on a semi-regular basis anyway) and now leena is using that in about half of all her posts.

No.

He was the first I noticed (but probably not the actual originator) to stop using question marks, Leena picked that up within a day or 2. Czech, I believe, popularized the forums. thing (again, the poster I first noticed doing it on a semi-regular basis anyway) and now leena is running it into the ground.

QFA

you guys are arguing over the merits of a poster tournament

*polishes trophy*

Hey, that aint no trophy wise guy.

Guest Vitamin X
2) It allows posters who normally wouldn't be voted for to have some e-pleasure (like yourself)

You might want to get this little disillusion out of your head. The reference I'm making is to people in the 4th bracket, and maybe a couple in the sports. But me? Please. I had plenty support last year, and BL is tough to go against, hell he just beat freakin' Edwin. And I still almost won. I've had two fairly decent opponents this year also. I'm still winning. Also..

VX was arguing.

I was right.

3) It doesn't give a stronger overall tournament

I'm not aware of the NCAA system, and as I'm just arguing against your point of view as opposed to you, I'll drop it, as it has no real relevance to anything.

self-contradiction.

Finally,

Things I've learned today: there's nothing that you guys won't find a way to bitch about.

Things I've learned today: there's nothing that you guys won't find a way to bitch about.

I disagree.

Guest Eagle Man

Chave,

Shut the fuck up. Shut the fuck up. SHUT THE FUCK UP. SHUT THE FUCK UP. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I can't believe I actually voted for Chave in the first round. Though to be fair, I forgot a lot about him at the time...

That's just one thing.

Guest Queen Leelee

No.

He was the first I noticed (but probably not the actual originator) to stop using question marks, Leena picked that up within a day or 2. Czech, I believe, popularized the forums. thing (again, the poster I first noticed doing it on a semi-regular basis anyway) and now leena is using that in about half of all her posts.

I've always typed like that. Long before I came here.

I guess I copied the forums.thesmartmarks.com thing. But, saying the name of a site isn't really a copyrightable object.