TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

TUF V: The Thread

Oh man, two episodes in and it is already the best TUF season ever. So far we've seen:

- BJ being a massive dick with the draft and the fight selection process.

- Crying over being a fatty.

- Teammates that hate each other after like three days together.

- The near death of a horse.

- The guys thinking throwing spears at each other is a good idea and someone throwing a ball into the groin of another as a result.

- A riot over the words "suck it" with what has to be a near record for the number of bleeps in a 10 minute span.

- Armenian singing.

- Nick Diaz being a Diaz.

- Corey and Manny showing their Guy Love.

- Dana White obviously loving every second of this.

And next week someone gets a COLONIC! What the hell ELSE can they do?

Edited by KingPK

This is quickly becoming my favorite season, especially with an episode like this. "I'd like to start by saying I'm really, really sorry..." I totally forgot about Gray's existence until Manny did the Half Baked "Fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, and I'm out!"

Edit: Oh yeah and "All I'm thinking is... imagine if that had been the jovelin."

So the main reason for the Ortiz/White special was so Dana could take off his shirt and say that he was in shape for a man his age?

Main Reason: "Oh man, we already spent a lot of money on this, we need to get some return"

Secondary Reason: "Dana White needs to be the biggest babyface on the planet... and heres a chance to put some of his friends and relatives on TV and show off his man-belly."

When I saw Emerson write the thing about Team Pulver on the wall, I thought to myself "Man, Nate isn't gonna take this well." Sure enough, right afterwards the shit hits the fan. Rudiger is a tool but the line about Nate passing the torch to Manny was perfect.

The horse incident was one of the more out-of-the-blue moments in recent reality tv history.

Manny is nuts and awesome and nuts. And Corey Hill using his name in third person was tremendous.

I saw him destroy Jorge Santiago before it started and I was like "yeap, this is gonna be the TUF 5 winner". Thing is, the results have already been leaked, but I don't wanna know them. I'm guessing Wiman or Maynard fights Manny in the final.

Manny "The Iron Sheik" Gamburyan. "I will prove he is the leakest wink". "It's been my dream to fight in the USC".

So the main reason for the Ortiz/White special was so Dana could take off his shirt and say that he was in shape for a man his age?

Main Reason: "Oh man, we already spent a lot of money on this, we need to get some return"

Secondary Reason: "Dana White needs to be the biggest babyface on the planet... and heres a chance to put some of his friends and relatives on TV and show off his man-belly."

And people thought wrestling and boxing promoters were bad only in America can a promoter make himself the face of the company all the while burying the top draws in the process.

When I saw Emerson write the thing about Team Pulver on the wall, I thought to myself "Man, Nate isn't gonna take this well." Sure enough, right afterwards the shit hits the fan. Rudiger is a tool but the line about Nate passing the torch to Manny was perfect.

The horse incident was one of the more out-of-the-blue moments in recent reality tv history.

Manny is nuts and awesome and nuts. And Corey Hill using his name in third person was tremendous.

Corey fucking Hill being the voice of reason was tremendous.

I think that the spear incident is one of those things that only happens on a reality show when people are incredibly bored. And remember, this is less than a week into the show (if the graffiti is any indication).

Manny's fucking insane, Nate's somewhere close to it, Corey's a master trash talker, and we have yet to really see Marlon, Wayne, Brian or Brandon. OK, we saw Brandon as a talking head. Yippee.

I love Penn's advice AFTER the fight: "Don't ever let your opponent pass your guard". Easy for Penn to say - he's got more flexibility than a Chinese acrobat.

Have to wait until tomorrow night to catch this as my DVR didn't record it but I really enjoyed the Dana/Tito special. I was bummed out by the end (because I hadn't heard about it in awhile - wasn't sure if it had happened or not).... but I didn't know a lot of the backstory. It was a good way to kill an hour or so.

I loved BJ being the mad authority figure by refusing to call Gamburyan 'Manny'.

"Manvel passed the guard. Manvel dominated the fight. Manvel secured a kimura."

"I think he prefers Manny."

"His parents named him Manvel, and that is what he shall be known as."