TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 71

I don't know if its me, but it looks like Rampage Jackson just threw that right hook outta nowhere

It's called counter punching, and taking advantage of Liddell's mistake/miscalculation. On sherdog.com they have an interview with Chuck's trainer, and he was hesitant to say it, but he went ahead and said that he specifically told Chuck not to go to the body from the outside, because it left him wide open for a counter punch. Well Chuck did it anyway and paid the price...

I don't know if its me, but it looks like Rampage Jackson just threw that right hook outta nowhere

It's called counter punching, and taking advantage of Liddell's mistake/miscalculation. On sherdog.com they have an interview with Chuck's trainer, and he was hesitant to say it, but he went ahead and said that he specifically told Chuck not to go to the body from the outside, because it left him wide open for a counter punch. Well Chuck did it anyway and paid the price...

Excatly, anyone who knows basic boxing knows that was a counter punch, not a punch out of no where.

Does anybody have a clip/GIF of Keith Jardine getting mauled by Houston Alexander?

That was one of the most brutal series of punches and one knee I've seen. I thought Jardine was going to fall dead after the first uppercut, but he somehow got back to his feet and kept getting punished. The way he fell with the mouthpiece falling out...man...

Props to Alexander though. Aside from getting rocked fist, that was one hell of a way to make a UFC debut.

Too bad he's 36. He could easily be marketed to high heaven if he backed it up.

He's about as solid physically as you can get at 205 and he has a quiet, confident thug persona that could translate very well.

But he's too old for a rookie.

Too bad he's 36. He could easily be marketed to high heaven if he backed it up.

He's about as solid physically as you can get at 205 and he has a quiet, confident thug persona that could translate very well.

But he's too old for a rookie.

He can easily pass for in his late 20's, he looks in freak physical shape, he is jacked the fuck up. If he stays in shape and doesn't run into injurys he can have a pretty long MMA career, despite his age. And he isn't a rookie, he's been in MMA since 2001 despite his lack of MMA fights. He looks like he can go for a good 7 years.

Does anybody have a clip/GIF of Keith Jardine getting mauled by Houston Alexander?

That was one of the most brutal series of punches and one knee I've seen. I thought Jardine was going to fall dead after the first uppercut, but he somehow got back to his feet and kept getting punished. The way he fell with the mouthpiece falling out...man...

Props to Alexander though. Aside from getting rocked fist, that was one hell of a way to make a UFC debut.

Ya, that was brutal. I'll see if i can find it.

edit: Nothin yet.

Over the weekend I went to a friend's place for Memorial Day and interacted with Joe Average American instead of my normal nerd crowd. It was strange, all the guys there were talking about the UFC. It was pretty clear that most of them were very recent fans, Liddel was basically the only guy they'd ever heard of. I've been reading about how UFC is becoming mainstream but this was the first evidence of it I've seen personally.

I was watching the press conference the other day and Chuck mentioned he has a 45 day suspension. Anyone know what that's about?

SOP - there's a mandatory suspension if you get KO'ed or submitted. I think Chuck was declared fine medically, otherwise his suspension would be longer.

NSAC info is here

There should be extra time added on for "Ass-Whopped by a Black Man". Speaking of, it was a good night for the brothas. Thomas, Martin, Alexander and Rampage all take down whitey.

There should be extra time added on for "Ass-Whopped by a Black Man".

Well, if that gets passed, there should also be compensation for having to watch Lyoto Machida fight.

So, nobody else but me caught Goldberg calling Houston Alexander a "great natural athlete"? Comedy moment of the night.

He looks like a gym beast, but I haven't heard shit about his athletic background. I'm guessing he has some sort of boxing background, because he calls himself a boxer.

So, nobody else but me caught Goldberg calling Houston Alexander a "great natural athlete"? Comedy moment of the night.

"Athletic" has become MMA slang for "black."

Jason MacDonald laughs at you!

In Canadian terms, "athletic" means "roided." Ask Kang.

In Canadian terms, "athletic" means "roided." Ask Kang.

Nigga please, Jason Mac-Daddy's volleyball skills are amazing.

(Is not joking, before MMA, J-Mac use to be a volleyball player, but my friend use to train with him before he went to Greg Jacksons camp).