TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rex

Team EMF Debut

Guest Rex

"This Is Extreme" By Harry Slash and the Slashtones rocks the arena as Team EMF walks down the rampway. Rex leads the way, scanning the arena with a brooding stare. Beside him, Rad Hazard shines his EMF World Television Championship, showing off his gold to the fans in the aisle. Behind them is the tag team of Shigedy and Shwa, whom wave EMF flags as they smile and wave to the crowd.

While some fans whom know the EMF cheer, most have never seen them before and a low mumbling scours the crowd.

As Team EMF enter the ring, Rex grabs a microphone. As the music dies down, Rex addresses the crowd.

Rex : Ladies and Gentlemen. For those of you who do not know who we are, WE are Team E...M...F : The EXTREME MEASURES FEDERATION. The measuring stick of Wrestling!

A chorus of cheers and mostly boos fill the arena.

Rex : Now hold on. Allow us to fully introduce ourselves. We are the essence of the Extreme Measures Federation, coming from the four corners of our organization. First, to my right : The rookie, The young gun, The future, if you will : The EMF World Television Champion "The Truth" Rad Hazard!

Rad raises his belt proudly to another chorus of cheers and boos.

Rex : Behind me, the greatest international tag team in the world today. Coming all the way from Uzbekistan, the loveable cruiserweights Shigedy and Shwa, also known as "Wrestling Professionals For Tag Teams Wrestle"!

Shigedy and Shwa wave to the fans, yelling "I like you! Niiiice!" Before high-fiveing each other. "High Five! Yeees!"

The crowd eventually cheers for the overly excited team.

Rex now gives a dead stare at the camera, brooding with a sudden hint of rage in his voice.

Rex : And I represent the main eveners of the EMF. The elite of the Wrestling world. I am the leader of Team EMF : I am "The Hardcore Powerbomb Machine". I...am...REX.

The crowd gives a mix of cheers and boos. Rex is unfazed, continuing to sneer at the camera. Eventually, he snaps out of his trance and addresses the audience once more.

Rex : And I bet you're wondering why we're here. Well, let me ask you a question : Have you ever heard of Total Attitude Wrestling? Or Wrestling without a cause? Maybe you've heard of the Real Wrestling Alliance? No? Well, that is because they were deemed unfit to exist on the same planet as us. They were put to the test, They FAILED, and because of it, their events were cancelled, their eWrestlers were released and their Championships were absorbed by ours, leaving NOTHING left!

Rad Hazard grabs the microphone, leaving Rex to cool down for a moment.

Rad Hazard : Now, you had your fun. You collect yourself a roster, made some fancy belts and sold out some arenas, but truth is, there is a time in every organization's history when they are challenged to prove that without a shadow of a doubt that they DESERVE to exist. And, well, truth be told, for the Smarks Wrestling Federation, that time is NOW. The Gauntlet has been thrown down, and we . . . Are . . . It.

Shigedy and Shwa quickly grab the microphone and yell "We love America! I like you! U.S. and A! U.S. and A!". The crowd begins to chant with them. Rex comedically snatches the microphone away from them in annoyance. Shigedy and Shwa, unfazed, continue to yell and wave at the fans spastically. Rex continues.

Rex : We are not here for fame or fortune. We are not here to be "good guys"or "bad guys". We are here to judge you. The trial of The Smarks Wrestling federation will begin next week, at "From The Fire"...Prepare for Armageddon.

Rex throws down the microphone as "This Is Extreme" resumes across the arena. Rex gives a demonic smirk as he leads Team EMF to the back.

The crowd, still unsure of the new stable, continues a mix of cheers and boos.

Well, you've come in with your own angle and for that you are to be applauded. What I would say is that it would be better if you'd saved an in-ring promo to go into the next Storm (you can do this by PMing it to Ace309 and asking him to put it in the show) because board promos are generally saved for things that happen outside of wrestling events.

Also, whether or not the character exists in your federation, I'd stop using the name 'Spick' if I were you. Regardless of whether you intend it as such it's a word with unfortunate racial connotations, and I for one would like it if you didn't use it. Thank you.

One last thing - in the SWF canon we aren't an "e-fed". We're a wrestling federation, just like the WWE or TNA or whatever. No SWF character ever refers to the company as an e-fed. A minor point, but it's one of those 'suspension of disbelief' deals.

All that said, I'll be intrigued to see what you bring to the table.

Guest Rex

Ok, i changed the tag team to Shigedy and SHWA.

I've never had a problem with that name before and i didn't know it was a racial slur at all.

hm.

And i did talk to Ace309 and he TOLD me to put it here, saying that it would be for the next show, so this should be a part of that.

I don't think carrying around the belt of (or supporting) another wrestling federation would get any cheers at all, or make a wrestler a face. Even when the SWF had a sister federation, the SJL, when wrestlers from there would come here they would get booed damn near out of the building, regardless of their face or heel status in the SJL.

Even now, we have wrestlers from the OAOAST, one of them being a HUGE FACE there, being booed mercilessly here.

And -- may I ask -- since when is a TV champion a "main even[t]er" in any federation, ever?

Relax, guys. It takes everyone some time to get used to our style, just like there was some adjustment for Toxxic when he went over for his cup of coffee in Card's fed.

I'm always happy to have new writers, so fingers crossed this goes well.

Man. I don't remember the last time someone wrote an in-ring promo outside of a show. I know, back on IGN, it used to happen all the time, particularly in the JL/ML promo threads. In fact, the whole concept of promos happening outside of the ring/arena was completely foreign until several writers - I think Xstasy in particular - started to do it in earnest.

I love the "perpetual arena" concept anyway. It's a grand halmark of efeds, almost as much as black trenchcoats and teenage angst.

-Z

Guest Rex

Well, i see that everybody's confused about stuff so to clear everything up, read below.

i was TOLD to put the promo here. i did not know better.

The TV Title belt is a real title defended in the EMF and it's just a device to piss people off. kind of like kurt angle's medals and scorpio sky's plaques. It will probably never be used for anything else or be defended here.

Rad is not a main eventer, i was refering to Rex there. Rad is the young gun. This is actually Rad's first title and he insisted i put that in the sequence just because he's so damn happy to have a belt.

After reading the reviews, i can see how Team EMF will probably be seen as heels and that's fine. I just kept a mixed reaction for their Debut merely because the fans did not know who they were (most, atleast) and were unsure of what to do.

I hope that this will lead to some good matches and a nice little "Outsiders" Type storyline to boot.

Thanks for the creative criticism, nomatter how possitive or negative it is.

I think that a mixed reaction actually works, personally. We put the SWF over as THE biggest fed in the country, possibly the world in our own little writing universe, but that's no different to how WWF and WCW acted when they were both around despite the fact that their competitor was on pretty much the same footing. So there's no reason why a team of people coming in from a different fed wouldn't get a positive reaction from some fans who might have heard of them. I mean, CM Punk got a massive reaction in MSG for ECW not just because of who he was in ECW but because the crowd knew him well from ROH. Supposing there were some massive fans of EMF in the arena they might start cheering.

I think the thing for this will be how it works. You could pull a tweener reaction fairly easily depending on who you're facing (god knows me and Card managed that with TKO, and we were rudo Japanese heels who cheated constantly, for crying out loud), or you could just go for the "Grr! Heel! Destroy your federation!" approach. It's totally up to you.

*enjoys having a crowd where we can control their reactions 100%*

You're a whore, Landon. ;)

And KENTA still hates you.

Guest Rex

Hey, is this promo still going to be on the show?

I know i put it in the wrong area, but it would be cool if you could cut me some slack and put it on the show anyway.

Yeah, no problem.

Just for future reference, stuff that goes on the show gets PM'd to me by 10 PM on Wednesday every week, and stuff that goes on the boards goes up whenever you feel like it. Like I said, no big deal.

Guest Rex

Great. Thanks.

By the way, any idea who Rex and Rad Hazard will face?

Any challengers?

I'd like for us to go after a title or 2 but since we ARE new here, we will accept whatever you choose.

Guest Eagle Man
The crowd gives a mix of cheers and boos. Rex is unfazed, continuing to sneer at the camera.

rex_grossman_bears_top.jpg

i was hoping supes would come in with an "unbelievable" reference.

i'm sorely disappointed that i had to bring that up.

solid debut promo, though; certainly better than mine was.

The card for the PPV you'll debut on will be going up in the next day or so Rex, just keep your eyes open. Also, Rad really needs to post his own stats.

What I thought might be good if you wanted to be full heels is for Rad to make sure that after each match, win or lose, he is announced as "and STILL EMF Television Champion..." since as he'll never defend the belt in the fed it's kind of pointless and arrogant. Maybe even get the mic and do it himself, Mr. Kennedy style. Just an idea.

Guest Rex

You know, I really like that idea. It's funny.

I'll have to run it by Rad and see what he thinks.

I (Rex) would personally like to stay neutral but favored much like like "Taz" Used to be in ECW.

We are all faces in EMF so we are pretty clean when it comes to matches (Usually because most of my matches are hardcore) And as Rex usually says "All of that barbwire. All of those tables. All of those chairs. They aren't weapons, they're toys. I don't need a weapon. I AM the weapon!"

But I really do think that it will depend on who we face as of how popular or unpopular we are.

And as for Rad's stats, he promised me it would be up by tonight, and he's a trusting guy like me, so I believe him.

Well, Kylee Kross posted some naked pics, but otherwise, no.

Nope, go back to smoking up. I have sworn off the chiba so you can make up for me. Anyway, back to the actual promo. Like MVS said, this is better than my first promo too. As Stephens has shown though I think that the one thing you guys'll definitely get out of joining our fed is character depth. I'd like to see more about why Rex craves competition and you can probably steal a little from CM Punk's ECW run for example. Just a thought.

Don't tell him to smoke, i think he's marking. And then the show will be held up for ages while he tries to send it to Z, or Thoth or something.

Sign in to follow this