TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Grand Theft Auto IV

Nice rendering on the environments. I've been so over-saturated with the GTA series, though, that I can't get excited about a new game unless it's really going to offer a different experience. :(

Jesus, teaser being the optimum word there.

But yeah it looks pretty, but its going to be the same old GTA. Im really not fussed on the games and can't see why people like them so much.

I think the big draw for me was being able to free roam and pretty much do anything you wanted (aside from actually enter ANY building) in such a HUGE env't. It was kind of like the SIMS but with guns and cars. But after a while it just gets boring and really repetitive.

I think the big draw for me was being able to free roam and pretty much do anything you wanted (aside from actually enter ANY building) in such a HUGE env't. It was kind of like the SIMS but with guns and cars. But after a while it just gets boring and really repetitive.

Well, the 80's version was fun if you hated the 80's and everything they stood for. Then you had the free reign to take out a decade of anger on idiots in pink suits.

Best part for me? Going into the nightclub and setting everyone on fire. That was a blast.

Guess im just not a violent person.

Yet i love Mega Lo Mania, isn't it ironic?

Ignoring god awful ending, it would have a tough time outdoing Saints Row which just plain kicked ass even though it knew full well it was a GTA clone.

Well, the 80's version was fun if you hated the 80's and everything they stood for. Then you had the free reign to take out a decade of anger on idiots in pink suits.

Best part for me? Going into the nightclub and setting everyone on fire. That was a blast.

The 80's one is easily my favourite just due to the soundtrack alone. ;)

Slayer > every rap group ever

well, certainly an arguement for another thread, but only "Reign in Blood" is represented, and though it is a fantastic song, rap is up 2-1 in this case!

While Vice City had only a few good stations, San Andreas music was solid all through out. Rap/classic rock/alt rock/country.

Solid through and through.

what's the time period for this one? Present day again? Wonder if we'll see the guy from GTA3 somewhere in there (forget his name). Wonder if we'll see any other old faces as well?

I like to see Tempeny to be like the Commish or something.

you mean Tenpenny? He was killed at the end of San Andreas, no?

Since I've never beat San Andreas, thanks.

I'd actually would like to hunt down the previous main characters from the other games. I think that would be a nice little twist having to find and kill the guys you essentially helped rise to power. And to this day I still haven't purchased San Andreas for any reason other than every time I had the money for it, it wasn't available.

Meh, San Andreas' story is moot to me now. I gave up on missions in that game when I hit the awful flying lessons mission.

Meh, San Andreas' story is moot to me now. I gave up on missions in that game when I hit the awful flying lessons mission.

no doubt, vivi, I damn near gave up on it completely once I got to that part!

and sorry redbaron, there's certain things I guess I never know if I should spoiler out...

I loved the GTA games, I'm going to miss out on GTAIV just because it'll be long time before I even consider getting an Xbox360. It makes me sad, but I hope Rockstar eventually makes a spin off series for the Wii if Scarface and Manhunt 2 are successful. The system deserves it majorly, and if they put effort into it and not just port the PSP games, the spinoffs could potentially be bigger than the 'main' series.

and sorry redbaron, there's certain things I guess I never know if I should spoiler out...

No worries. The game is two years old, and I had it for almost a year. I just got lazy and really haven't finished the game thats all.

I loved the GTA games, I'm going to miss out on GTAIV just because it'll be long time before I even consider getting an Xbox360. It makes me sad, but I hope Rockstar eventually makes a spin off series for the Wii if Scarface and Manhunt 2 are successful. The system deserves it majorly, and if they put effort into it and not just port the PSP games, the spinoffs could potentially be bigger than the 'main' series.

Wait, are they actually making a second Manhunt?

Wait, are they actually making a second Manhunt?

Manhunt 2 is being made for the Wii, PS2, and PSP. As much as I want to support Rockstar making games for the Wii, I'd sit out on Manhunt due to it not being my type of game. I'm most definately getting Scarface for the Wii though.

No worries. The game is two years old, and I had it for almost a year. I just got lazy and really haven't finished the game thats all.

You should finish it. The ending is funny.

weird to see Liberty City with next-gen graphics like that. Im so used to the old ps2 stuff I guess. So that is the new main charcater? is he like russian or something?>

There's speculation that the main character is a member of the Russian Mob. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Also, I'm getting kinda tired of Liberty City. Hopefully, this is a state like San Andreas.

no doubt, vivi, I damn near gave up on it completely once I got to that part!

The flying missions are NOT that hard, people. Just lay off the X button once you are airborne (only when you are flying straight to make up a little time) and use the rudders to help stabilize your turns.

too bad I dont own a 360, maybe its time to get one ( I mean I could, but I dont even play my ps2 much anymore despite buying a bunch of games for it recently, hell I only played bully once since I got it at thanksgiving time, or the gta: vcs (but then again I have not finished LCS yet) or godfather or the new mlb 2k7 much,