TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Grand Theft Auto IV

Bit late to the party, but I got the PC version from my brother for Christmas.

I have a decent computer so I can run it at 1920x1200 without much hassle. I'm glad I got the PC version, because I'm sure the shooting/driving would shit me on a console.

I was sad when I finished the last mission for Brucie, since he was one of my favourite characters. "THAT'S HOW I ROLL, BRO! ALPHA!"

Bit late to the party, but I got the PC version from my brother for Christmas.

I have a decent computer so I can run it at 1920x1200 without much hassle. I'm glad I got the PC version, because I'm sure the shooting/driving would shit me on a console.

I was sad when I finished the last mission for Brucie, since he was one of my favourite characters. "THAT'S HOW I ROLL, BRO! ALPHA!"

Back up, back up. You got the PC version, and installed it. You've played through to the end of Brucie's missions, so you've sunk some hours into it...

And it works?!

I've really enjoyed The Lost & Damned DLC so far. I think I'm about 3/4 through it with around 5 hours gameplay clocked up so far. The bikes play great now, and handle a lot better - though at times it feels like they artificially stick to the roads when you crash into some objects. The storyline interweaves nicely with the main story, with little nods and 'aah' moments to tie it in. At times its actually more enjoyable to be a Jewish Biker then it was to be a Baltic Bore.

Yeah, there's one called Clay who seems to be an old Vietnam War vet or something. You can phone him up and he'll come and drop a bike for you, which is a nice touch. Likewise there's a guy called Terry who'll drive a weapons van to where you are to buy weapons. Also during a tough mission you can call your biker mates for back up and they'll help you out during the mission.

They get tougher the more missions they do, upgrading their health and weapons along the way, so its worth while keeping them alive.

Sober edit:

It seems kind of lame that Rockstar would try to make the type of gang they've chosen to present more PC. For a game series where the main characters can kill just about any random bloke on the street just because the player feels like it, I don't see why they'd feel the need to make a rainbow coalition version of a biker gang so as to make them more likable.