TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Rock Band!

I hate video game scalpers...

As opposed to scalpers of anything else?

well if we were in the music or sports folders I would say I hate scalpers of those tickets as well.

Ced, that sucks about the drum layout...I haven't played it yet, but I'm used to Konami's set up. I haven't played Guitar Heroes either, is it also different?

I hate video game scalpers...

As opposed to scalpers of anything else?

well if we were in the music or sports folders I would say I hate scalpers of those tickets as well.

Ced, that sucks about the drum layout...I haven't played it yet, but I'm used to Konami's set up. I haven't played Guitar Heroes either, is it also different?

I don't want the thread to turn into a scalping is/isn't right debate, but thought I would throw in my two cents. It wouldn't really be scalping if he just places the auction without a high reserve price and/or some ridiculous buy-it-now price, and just takes whatever it will sell for. If he did that, then it's the eBay buyers that determine how much they want to pay for the item, and not the seller. Now ticket scalpers are a pain. You should be around Augusta, Ga when its time for The Masters Golf Tournament. You'll see all sorts of people whoring off their passes and such for huge $$$. Though the same could be said for any sporting event, especially the big ones.

On topic though, I was able to play Rock Band at a kiosk in Wal-Mart the other day. I don't know if it was just the particular guitar I was using, but the fret keys and strum bar felt kind of "gummy". Still though, it was fun to destroy Black Hole Sun on hard difficulty (first time playing the song too, it seemed fairly easy on Hard for some reason) to the amazement of a couple kids standing nearby. I know that's no big achievement really, but for a guy that's only been able to play Guitar Hero I-III on medium, it was an accomplishment for me.

don't mind me, Haws...I'm jut a bitter guy that failed at getting a Wii when it came out.

Hey its cool. Truth be told, I lucked upon a Wii, Zelda and Red Steel on launch day, decided the system wasn't for me, put it on eBay the same day just hoping to get my money back, and it sold for over $500. I even payed out of pocket for overnight shipping to the guy that won, just to make myself feel better about the deal. It sold for over $200 more than I paid, so helping the guy with overnight wasn't going to kill me all that much.

I've put in a number of hours with Rock Band, only solo for now, but yes, the game is indeed godly. Guitar Hero doesn't exist in my world anymore.

Even the singing aspect is awesome, and I expected that to be pretty weak. Doing the vocals for "My Sharona" and "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" (hitting the mic to simulate the cow bell!!!) are two of my favorite video game experiences in a while - almost totally flawless in my first attempts on medium. Trying to do the vocals for "Roxanne" however, well, I wasn't so lucky to be quite honest. :lol:

The drums are amazing, just amazing. I love that they force the pedal on you even on easy, just to get you over that hump right away. I first started playing on medium, and I just couldn't wrap my head around the pedal, but after being slowly introduced to it in easy, I am really starting to get the hang of it.

The guitar parts are just what you expect, and I also love every second of that as well.

How do the drums feel? Solid? How much of a shot do they need to register; am I going to be lightly tapping pads and bouncing my knee or am I going to be wailing drum sticks and stomping a pedal through the carpeting?

And out of curiosity, what's the warranty in the package say about the peripherals?

The drums are very solid. You can hit the pads as light as you like, and they also can take a pounding much like a "real" drum set like this. The pedal is solid as well, but I wouldn't be slamming my foot down on it, just to be on the safe side.

They are great at replacing anything that you have problems with. You just go to the following site:

https://ea.riverstarsoftware.com/ea_inventory/rockband.php

You have two options if you have a problem - 1) Go through the process on the site, wait for them to send you a "coffin" for the faulty item you need replaced, wait to receive it, send it back to them, and wait for them to send you a new one or 2) Go through the process on the site, give them your credit card number, and they'll go ahead and send you a replacement, then once you receive it you mail the faulty item back to them. You only get charged if you fail to return the faulty item.

I played this game at a birthday party on Friday. Really fun stuff. I hate it when you get people as the singer who just go with the words and don't put energy into it. I BELTED out Enter Sandman.

Buddy Holly, My Iron Lung, Brass in Pocket - Tuesday.

Oh yes indeed.

I'm shocked that more of you aren't talking about this game, it's fucking great.

Buddy Holly, My Iron Lung, Brass in Pocket - Tuesday.

Oh yes indeed.

I'm shocked that more of you aren't talking about this game, it's fucking great.

I would be if I had the game. I'll finally get to play it today, though.

Marvin the hater....

I wish I was playing this game right now. I knocked it for not being Guitar Hero and thus not being an established franchise when my friend set it up at someone's house last week, and proven wrong I was.

Marvin the hater....

Downhomes post about the Bundle being very limited and hard to find for the Holidays must be Gamestop trying to hype the game "no more bundles to sell until after Christmas, so if you didn't preorder no ROCKBAND FOR YOU!!" because I can go into 2 Wal Marts, 1 Best Buy, 1 Circuit City and 1 Target locally and they all have a pile of them just sitting there waiting to be purchased. Wal Mart even has the demo units up and I've seen people playing but no one is buying them.

Which has nothing to do with my comment. I read your tone of "I'm surprised anyone is talking about this game" as "I don't care for the idea of such an expensive game and fail to believe anyone else would buy it, play it, and talk about it". Hey, I kind of agree, I would probably just stick with FH if I had a 360, but since a friend of mine did buy it (and it's not even out in Canada!) and I played it, I have to admit it's awesome. Is Downhome supposed to be some sort of GameStop hype guy and I don't know it? I only that he's a mod and thinks about deceased people when he hears certain songs.

The whole "OH NOZ! WERE NOT GETTIN NEMORE..BUY NOW!" thing is because initially, we were told that EA wasn't going to be shipping out a ton of units and that there might be a few that get sent after its initial shipping but it wasn't for certain.

To our surprise, we've gotten more and more in...which is nice because people keep snatching up at my store.

Seriously, I can understand some of the hate for Gamestop, but some of that shit is out of our hands.

The game sounds fun, I am just afraid to spend $200 on the set and then end up playing it by myself after my wife gets bored of it after a day or so. To me a game like this is a waste of money unless you have a couple other people playing along side you.

Next year you'll be able to buy the different instruments seperately...at which point I will get just the drum set, I already have the guitar that came with GH2. Before then, I'll find the game itself used somewhere.

Guest Smues

After having seen piles of Rock Band at multiple stores over multiple days in both Anchorage and Spokane, I now get to look back and laugh at the people I saw at Best Buy the day they first got them talking about how much they were going to make for them on Ebay. Losers.

After having seen piles of Rock Band at multiple stores over multiple days in both Anchorage and Spokane, I now get to look back and laugh at the people I saw at Best Buy the day they first got them talking about how much they were going to make for them on Ebay. Losers.

I think shipping cost passed on to consumers would probably keep prices deflated somewhat anyway..I cant imagine what it would cost to ship that huge box.

This game has got me sold on it because of one song.

FOREPLAY/LONGTIME

That song took me a while to 5* simply because of the weird chord changes during Foreplay. Although it's not as bad as "Suffragette City". I find that song annoying.

here's the new DLC that will go up tommorow for a discounted price of 99 cents (or about 80 Microsoft Points)

"Attack" - 30 Seconds To Mars (from 2005's A Beautiful Lie)

"The Kill" - 30 Seconds To Mars (from 2005's A Beautiful Lie)

"Dirty Little Secret" - All-American Rejects (from 2005's Move Along)

"Move Along" - All-American Rejects (from 2005's Move Along)

"Song With A Mission" - The Sounds (from 2006's Dying To Say This To

You)