TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Rock Band!

Is that a temporary or permanent price?

I am not sure, but I'd snatch up the one or ones you want if you dont wanna take that risk

Bumping this...just because.

Downloaded a few more songs, all of which I enjoyed. "Gimme Three Steps" (Lynyrd Skynyrd), "Hard to Handle" (Black Crows) and "Interstate Love song" (STP). A few more songs are going up tomorrow, namely:

"All the Small Things" - Blink-182

"Action" - Sweet

"Last Train to Clarksville" - The Muthafuckin' MONKEES! (it's a cover though, so "Boo" to that)

When I was home over the holidays, we played this on two occasions. Both times 9 hours had gone by before anyone even fucking noticed. Great game and a great idea.

Just as an FYI, "All the Small Things" is pretty easy (5* on Hard and Expert on first runthroughs) but "Last Train to Clarksville" is a bitch. Took me 4 shots to 4* it on Hard, and got 30% through on my only run on Expert (just to see what it's like). Lots of HO/POs and some quick hand movements are necessary.

One of my friends got the game Christmas and has already snapped the kicker for his drum set. Said he wasn't wailing away at it, just playing normally and it snapped in half. Said it looked like it was made of cheap plastic

My bass pedal also broke under completely normal use. I got a new one a few days ago. It was different from the old pedal. There were more reinforcements and the spring was closer to the heel.

So my brother got the game yesterday, and I've sunk my teeth into it myself. I've been playing the drums, and can play on medium pretty well, so I'm happy about that.

I also love that when you do vocals for Don't Fear the Reaper, the microphone acts as a cowbell.

I'm going to give up on Suffragrate City, its kicking my ass right now.

Ya I'm pretty sure the developers decided to up the tempo for this song.

Fuck em.

My friends dloaded the NIN pack for rock band... and a different set of friends got the Grateful Dead pack. Both are RETARDEDLY hard, especially Perfect Drug. We're rocking out and then we hit a slow bit and somehow still fuck up and get killed. This was our fourth try through at this time and the farthest we had gotten... we figured we were damn near the end and we're all revved to give it another shot... until the fail screen hits and says "59% complete"

.... FIFTY NINE PERCENT????

Yeah, we just chose a different song at that point. Christ.

-Annie

I've really been hoping they throw up some more Smashing Pumpkins. Today, Zero and Bullet With Butterfly Wings would be fun songs.

How would you feel about Bush- "Machinehead"? I also second Bullet With ButterFly Wings

I'd like to see some Jimi Hendrix as well

Machine Head would be a nice addition

Also, I would like to see some AC/DC on here just from a pure, party, good time, everyone knows the song stand point

There's a game update available now for Xbox 360, and possibly PS3 (if not, then coming soon). Includes some gameplay fixes and changes, and an in-game downloadable song store.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36811

There's some pictures of the Music Store at IGN, among other places, and a short video of the interface at RockBand.com's front page.

So it seems to have taken FOREVER for this game to come over here in the UK, its loosely been billed as 'May', still not certain date, just sometime in May, which suggests it might be put back AGAIN.

However, since its been out over in the US for a while now, how is holding up compared to GuitarHero? I mean, I get bored of the GH games pretty quickly, is this game much different and worth the spending of £150?

Since it's basically three games in one (guitar, drums, singing) and you can download new songs (of which there are nearly 100 available already), yeah, I think it's worth it. I'm picking it up in a few weeks since I have a 15% off coupon at Toys R Us (where I work) to go along with my employee discount, so I'll save a good $40 on it.

Guest Beastalentier

Sometimes I hear people blasting "Gimme Shelter" and somebody seems to be banging out continuous eighth notes along to the music on what sounds like a large upturned bucket. If this is Rock Band, this is pretty much the worst thing ever invented.

You must hate all of the enjoyable things in life.

Rock Band is the best group/party game I've ever played. It has a lot more staying power than Guitar Hero.

Next week we're getting a Boston song pack for download. The update was much needed since it added an area for full albums and it fixed some of the microphone issues with the PS3. We should be getting Who's Next and Nevermind pretty soon I'd think.

So it seems to have taken FOREVER for this game to come over here in the UK, its loosely been billed as 'May', still not certain date, just sometime in May, which suggests it might be put back AGAIN.

However, since its been out over in the US for a while now, how is holding up compared to GuitarHero? I mean, I get bored of the GH games pretty quickly, is this game much different and worth the spending of £150?

The main reason I like Rock band over Guitar Hero is that there are many more enjoyable songs to play on Rock band instead of Guitar Hero. I love playing Orange Crush, Epic, Highway Star and Foreplay/Longtime.