TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Let go of your old prejudices.

I wouldn't call myself a Hanson fan either, but they were good at what they did. I tend to remember them mainly for the last months of sixth grade. There was this girl in my class who loved them and kept bringing in their cd to play whenever we had a free period. She went on to become all goth in high school, which amuses me to this day, but everytime I hear "mmmmBop" i think of that time period.

I thought the lead singer was a girl at first too. A lot of guys in my class did, I actually had to spend time arguing with some of them that all of them were boys.

"Penny and Me" was actually pretty good.

When they were first out, I was only in sixth grade and almost bought the cd. I ended up picking up "Disciplined Breakdown" by Collective Soul instead. While that purchase turned out to be rather unfortunate, at least I don't have to admit to having owned the Hanson cd to anyone :)

Embarrassing story about the first time I saw The MMBop video.... I was a ten year old boy and I saw the video and I was watching MTV one afternoon and was like "Man, that lead singer is kind of cute but the taller one looks cute." Then about ten minutes later, someone informed me they were teenage boys and a ten year old KKC became sexually confused for a second.

Rumor has it that Andrew W.K. is collaborating with Hanson for their new album.

I believe thats true. They are touring together I believe this year.

Rumor has it that Andrew W.K. is collaborating with Hanson for their new album.

I believe thats true. They are touring together I believe this year.

That's insane, but should make for a unique show.

There was this girl in my class who loved them and kept bringing in their cd to play whenever we had a free period. She went on to become all goth in high school

This exact thing was fairly common at my high school, for reasons I don't quite understand.

I'm still not sure about the song itself, but I do have a mildly soft spot in my heart as it's the song I most associate with HS graduation, since it came out the week before and it was so huge at the time

I posted their first single in CTDWAT and no one said anything! I'll probably see them on their tour in April if they come to Boston or Northampton. The song is growing me but honestly Taylor Hanson's voice isn't doing it for me. I grudgingly respect that group but his voice is not fit for this kind of music.

Don't forget that Bun E. Carlos is drumming for them!

The only thing I really remember about Hanson and Mmmbop was that shitty corny video. Mostly the part where I think they were in front of a green screen and they had flowers spinning behind them. I was in 6th or 7th grade at the time and that really pissed me off for some reason, SO corny!

The Jonas Brothers are basically today's Hanson, although I think they've become bigger than them.

I don't have a problem with pop music. I find it more admirable that someone can admit to liking it when everyone else and their dog lists ther favorite bands as Radiohead, The Pixies, Sonic Youth, and whatever else Rolling Stone gives a good review to. I understand that some people genuinely like that music, but some people claim to like it because it gives them a false sense of intelligence and therefore, hate on pop music because that's what the rest of the contemporary rock critics are doing.