TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

I've liked everything that has come out about this movie so far, but I can't get over how awful the new batsuit looks.

And I'm not really sure how I feel about the fact that The Joker is just a guy in makeup instead of following the traditional Joker storyline.

And I'm not really sure how I feel about the fact that The Joker is just a guy in makeup instead of following the traditional Joker storyline.

I concur.

I concur.

There's never been a definitive recounting of the Joker's origin. The most accepted version is the chemical burn, but from Wikipedia:

No recounting of the Joker's origin has been definitive, however, as he has been portrayed as lying so often about his former life that he himself is confused as to what actually happened. As he says in The Killing Joke: "Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... if I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!" In Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth written by Grant Morrison, it is said that the Joker's insanity runs so deeply, that he recreates himself every day. He could have a different personality with different quirks and mannerisms whenever he sees fit.

Those pictures are fantastic. Apparently those were supposed to be used for various viral schemes, but someone leaked them all out beforehand. They are way way clear. Though I'm not crazy about Joker being all make-up he does look psycho. Love the scene where he's kicking Batman - they just need a POW!

apparently WB went apeshit, the photos are being yanked from SHH posts, AICN pulled them, etc. I think i'll save myself some copies for posterity just in case!

I have a bad feeling about this, but I'm trying to hold judgment until the film comes out. Maybe Nolan will actually go back to the beginning and Joker's origin won't be explained at all since he's just some crazy guy.

So it's official that it's all make up? It looks like he has the scars.

I see scars as well. No reason why it can't be a combo of both, IMO. He looks fine.

Love the look for the Joker, this movie is going to rock.

I like this evolution of the Batman suit too, it works for this world. The only thing I'm not fond of is the symbol on the chest seems too hidden.

Rumored info regarding the Joker and his face or whatever:

I read some rumor that the Joker has a permanent white face because of the chemicals, but then he puts on skin makeup, THEN he puts on white makeup to cover up the skin makeup so when the white makeup comes off they'd figure that he wasn't the real Joker. If they do this well, that could be pretty cool, showing how cerebral and insane he is.

That'd be cool. I still remember how they did that in the first Batman film.

Is there a link or something I'm suppose to click on, on the whysoserious.com site or am I suppose to stare at the pumpkin?

About the poster, there are two rumored posters:

1. Batman standing next to his Bat-pod thing, with Joker cards reigning down on him.

2. This one is pending MPAA approval: The Joker holding a crushed bat, and it is a very graphic image. It might just be a full picture of the Joker with the bat, or just his hands.

As for the footage, no word on what the 7 minute footage will be, theories range from the following:

1. A fluff making-of piece about how filming with IMAX cameras helped change the way the movie was filmed. Have something footage from the robbery, or the image of The Joker in-front of the blurry mirror.

2. The famous Wizard Wolrd footage, that Nolan didn't want getting out because it wasn't done editing or having effects being added.

3. The Comic Con stuff: The man delivering clues then killed, the scavanger hunt, and the Joker crime scene.

Those are most popular ideas going around the internet.

Ripper should look for the clue in Atlanta. I have a friend in Pittsburgh that may be able to find the clue there. Anyone here from DC, Albequrque, or Denver?

I thought everyone could tell what it said. I meant the clues in the cities where you had to take pictures. I was curious as to what the pictures were of and how deep this marketing campaign was.

Guest Tsukuyomi

Whoops. Sorry. If the letters do carry more meaning than just the phrase, I'll be surprised and a bit impressed.

Well, we got all the clues and we got a new picture of The Joker. I had the pic, but it doesn't work. The picture leads to a new site: rorysdeathkiss.com. From there, the new game is some picture thing. If anything, the camera looks like the same camera from the cover of The Killing Joke.