TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 72: Victory

As Sherdog's own Jordan Breen has said, Nate has the style to basically tool Silva. Then again, he wasn't nicknamed "Narco Nate" for no reason, so I wouldn't be totally suprised to see Franklin get his rematch.

I'm picking Nate, but like I said I'm unsure about his cardio. After seeing the Doerksen fight though I think he should be okay. I'd argue that Doerksen has a more active guard and better wrestling than Silva, and while Nate struggled he still came out on top. I was surprised at how big he was too, but Anderson himself is a bigger MW than people realize.

Nates cardio looked good against Lister. The Doerkson fight is a bit of an odd one to cite considering how close it was and how Nate got tagged by Dirty. I have Silva taking it, btw. 5 Rounds and I don't think Marquardt will be able to finish him in 3, and after that I think the championship rounds will benefit Silva; he'll have the same snap in his punches and kicks while Nates takedowns will get worse and more predictable.

Fuck, I totally forgot about Jason Tan coming down to 'Gimme Shelter'. Cherry on the cake.

You're a complete and utter fag if you don't love that song to the max, btw.

As Sherdog's own Jordan Breen has said, Nate has the style to basically tool Silva. Then again, he wasn't nicknamed "Narco Nate" for no reason, so I wouldn't be totally suprised to see Franklin get his rematch.

But aren't you the same guy who said Chris Leben would be able to take Anderson Silva's "weak punches"(well you said something to the extent of Anderson not being able to punch out of a wet paper bag), and would dry hump Anderson Silva in-route to desicion? :P

Breen loves Nate, so it doesn't suprise me to see him thinking Nate is going to win. But unless Nate doesn't sub Anderson in 2 rounds, he's getting KO'd bad.

But aren't you the same guy who said Chris Leben would be able to take Anderson Silva's "weak punches"(well you said something to the extent of Anderson not being able to punch out of a wet paper bag), and would dry hump Anderson Silva in-route to desicion? :P

Breen loves Nate, so it doesn't suprise me to see him thinking Nate is going to win. But unless Nate doesn't sub Anderson in 2 rounds, he's getting KO'd bad.

Nate is worlds apart from Leben, so I don't think that's a good comparison here. And we should move all this discussion to the UFC 73 thread.