TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

MP3 ID Tag lookup software

Just wondering what everyone uses for MP3 ID Tag lookup type software? I use to use MusicMatch, but refuse to use it now that Yahoo owns them and don't agree with their TOS.

I use WinAmp to play songs, but every now and then I need to update tags, etc.

I use Ultra Tag Editor sometimes. It's clunky and overblown for what I usually need though. I often use it when I need to mess with whole artist directories.

MP3 Tag Tools would be perfect if it had CDDB look-up but as just a straight tag editor it's great and simple, really good for manual tagging.

Often when I need to look up shit I use an old Quintessential Player install. It's kinda ugly and slightly buggy on occasion but just for quick converting and tag look-ups it's good. Most programs use one of a few databases for CDDB anyway. The two most prominent I've seen are Gracenote CDDB and feedb. I think MusicMatch uses its own proprietary thing.

For ripping shit with look-up I just use the dB PowerAmp Power Pack. It's all I need as far as that goes

With the way they've whored out and bloated WinAmp I'm surprised they haven't thrown in CDDB look-up for editing. I really wish they would since I have it on all the time anyway.